HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Hockey Talk by Country
Hockey Talk by Country Talk about the other countries that are playing the world's greatest game!

Canada and USA Forums?

Old
08-21-2010, 02:31 AM
Statsy

vCash: 500
Canada and USA Forums?

I have been spending an awful lot of time on this site recently but I can't help but feel there is something pretty big missing. Correct me if I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but where are the forums set up for Canada and USA Hockey? Did I miss them? There is a section called "Hockey Talk By Country" that has individual forums for the rest of the major hockey powers as well as some regionally amalgamated countries (Eastern Europe, etc.), but nothing for those wacky and wonderful North American powerhouses.

And, no, the NHL Forum doesn't count. Neither does the CHL forum or the Other US Amateur Forum, though the latter at least allows for some crossover discussion for the National Team. The closest might be International Tournaments, but to me that isn't close enough.

Is there a Mod out there that can remedy this?

Statsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 02:51 AM
zorz

They are probably considered as too minor to have their own forum.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 03:59 AM
William H Bonney

Those forums are established to give our users that ability to post about and follow hockey in all regions of the world. Instead of establishing a DEL, SM-liiga, SEL, etc. boards, broader areas of discussion were established so that you could talk about the respect teams/players/leagues that are in those respective countries/regions.

Pretty much every league in North America already has its own sub-forum. You obviously have a majority of the first page of the site dedicated to the NHL, as well as sub-forums dedicated to the AHL, ECHL, CHL, NCAA, USHL/NAHL, etc.

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for in that case. Given that this is an English-speaking (North American based) forum, the majority of our posters come from Canada and the USA. What topic are you wanting to discuss but can't either find it or don't know the appropriate place to start? If you're looking for international hockey discussions, the best place to go is the Prospects forum as well as the International Tournaments board, although the latter dies down a lot when there are no tournaments going on -- it is moved up to the top of the forum list under the General Hockey Discussion header when the Olympics, World Cup, WJC, World Championships, etc. are going on.