HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10:25am... and I've got nothin'.

Old
09-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Smashley

vCash: 500
10:25am... and I've got nothin'.

So I tried ticketmaster, hippie cashier girl was brain dead trying to give me seats in section "275" (funny, where's that?) for $40.50.
Then she kept saying there were only single seats.... I got so fed up I said I would just go do it myself. So I race home 10 minutes later and jump online and there is nothing available even when I put in any price. Ugh. so pissed. Grrrrr...

Anyone else have a similar fiasco?

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 09:33 AM
Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
So I tried ticketmaster, hippie cashier girl was brain dead trying to give me seats in section "275" (funny, where's that?) for $40.50.
Then she kept saying there were only single seats.... I got so fed up I said I would just go do it myself. So I race home 10 minutes later and jump online and there is nothing available even when I put in any price. Ugh. so pissed. Grrrrr...
I always use the website, the clerks and operators are useless and its easier to get on the site than get through on the phone. I managed a pair in 349 for the Stars game on 11/24 right at 10 a.m. 15 minutes later, nothing but singles.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo View Post
I always use the website, the clerks and operators are useless and its easier to get on the site than get through on the phone. I managed a pair in 349 for the Stars game on 11/24 right at 10 a.m. 15 minutes later, nothing but singles.
yeah stars was one of four games I was going for, I wish I lived closer, I can really only do weekend games.

Old
09-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Only thing I managed to view was a pair in 349 for a game in '08 (forget which one) but they are charging $56 a ticket plus a $10 surcharge per ticket...are you kidding me? Now ticketmaster is charging more than face value for tickets? That's just wrong. Seats in the 300 ends are NOT $56 face a ticket.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 09:37 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Only thing I managed to view was a pair in 349 for a game in '08 (forget which one) but they are charging $56 a ticket plus a $10 surcharge per ticket...are you kidding me? Now ticketmaster is charging more than face value for tickets? That's just wrong. Seats in the 300 ends are NOT $56 face a ticket.
they are now, for non season ticket and mini plan holders.

I got 3 games, was shut out from everything else I tried for.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Smashley

Quote:
Yeah, unfortuantely they are. (for non-season tickets...)

check 07-08 seating chart on nyr.com...

Old
09-15-2007, 09:41 AM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

I actually did very well just now with indivuals..i got tix to a devils, sabres, and two isles games......but im having a problem, the attached email (ticketfast) one you open the link to print it says there is a problem processing the tickets for each order..is anyone else having this problem?..is it just not ready because all the orders were just placed?

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 09:46 AM
nyrmetros

yea I got 2 games from TM in sec 405 and 406. I know those are both next to the broadcast booth, and in row G half the ice is blocked off. oh well, what can I do. Just walk around to another area and hang behind the railing on the concourse.

Old
09-15-2007, 09:51 AM
darrenturcotte#8

There are a ton of tix in other arenas if you guys are interested. Caps, flyers, Islanders and prob devils.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 09:54 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
There are a ton of tix in other arenas if you guys are interested. Caps, flyers, Islanders and prob devils.
only 2 Rangers games at the Mauseleuem are on sale. The other 2 only go on sale in December.

I bought the October 10 game there.

Old
09-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Servo

Quote:
True--until this November I've always been a road warrior. This will be my first home game! I hope the view is decent from 349, it looked pretty good on the chart but the interactive chart with the camera views wasn't working.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 09:57 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
Lucky for me, I only wanted singles. And got what I wanted no probs for when I'm over next year. Two games in february against western teams - so maybe not as hard to get? Got tickets in 300's for both Ducks and Kings games.

Also got a ticket for Rangers @ Flyers for that same week.

kickice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 10:31 AM
VisionQuest*

I'll do the same thing I always do...

Get on stubhub or barrystickets or craigslist right before I come to the city and hope for the best.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionQuest View Post
I'll do the same thing I always do...

Get on stubhub or barrystickets or craigslist right before I come to the city and hope for the best.
ebay cheaper than stubhub...

Old
09-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 50
Quote:
Devils tix don't go on sale until mid Oct. Opps I ruined it for us there was going to be no Ranger fans in our building until now.

Lou's Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 11:30 AM
The_Captain

...found 2 tickets for 29/10 vs Tampa Bay for ca 140$ (Section 309)!

The_Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 12:11 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
I know. Thats why Im trying to buy tickets from season ticket holders this season.

The problem with Ticketmaster online is that I noticed that they try to sell the awful seats behind the goals and in the corners to you first. I remember last season I searched for tickets for the opening night and I kept getting seats in the corners and then on like the 5th or 6th try seats near the bluelines started popping up.

I know that people are browsing tickets but this always seems to be the case.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
I was sooo upset that I didn't wake up in time....

However, I still managed 2 tix in section '219-Row B' for Opening night against the Panthers. Needless to say....I'm soooo freakin stoked...even tho I had to pay a little more than face value on Stubhub.

There's still some stuff left if you hurry.

-B

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 01:36 PM
UAGoalieGuy

I got 3 tix to the Montreal game on 12/30 section 345 row G. Freaking 201.60 for the 3 tix off of ticketmaster. Kinda crazy.

I got two tix for the Ducks game in 2/7 section 231 row E for 156 (78 per ticket/the price season ticket holders pay) off of E-Bay. I was the only person bidding on it so I got what the guy originally listed ast the starting bid.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 02:13 PM
92hatchattack

I got 3 tix to the San Jose game on 2/17 .... so i feel pretty lucks, A, to get 3 tix together in the 300's, and B to get them on a holiday weekend....

Did anyone manage to score opening night tix off TM??? I was there the second they went on sale, and nothing, only individuals.... so, i got ***** for $109 a seat on stup hub, plus thei 10% commision

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo View Post
True--until this November I've always been a road warrior. This will be my first home game! I hope the view is decent from 349, it looked pretty good on the chart but the interactive chart with the camera views wasn't working.
What row are you in? I had row B for the season and they absolutely sucked. You weren't able to see behind the net because the seats in the 200's would block your vision.

I'd say row E-F on up are okay though...

Old
09-15-2007, 08:49 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

craigslist at 5pm before desired game...easy

09-15-2007, 08:53 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
I was sooo upset that I didn't wake up in time....

However, I still managed 2 tix in section '219-Row B' for Opening night against the Panthers. Needless to say....I'm soooo freakin stoked...even tho I had to pay a little more than face value on Stubhub.

There's still some stuff left if you hurry.

-B
Those are excellent seats, you're gonna have a blast.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 09:22 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
I know. Thats why Im trying to buy tickets from season ticket holders this season.

The problem with Ticketmaster online is that I noticed that they try to sell the awful seats behind the goals and in the corners to you first. I remember last season I searched for tickets for the opening night and I kept getting seats in the corners and then on like the 5th or 6th try seats near the bluelines started popping up.

I know that people are browsing tickets but this always seems to be the case.
i know what you mean about ticketmaster holding the good tickets. 2 years ago i tried going to a rangers panthers game and couldn't get tickets anywhere. the night before i figured i'd give it one last shot and went to ticketmaster and hit best available. one ticket came up and it was in section 81 i think right behind the away bench and right next to the locker room exit. greatest seat of my life. i almost got jagr and henriks star of the game pucks. and got high fives from most of the team. i'll never sit in a better seat than that.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
i know what you mean about ticketmaster holding the good tickets. 2 years ago i tried going to a rangers panthers game and couldn't get tickets anywhere. the night before i figured i'd give it one last shot and went to ticketmaster and hit best available. one ticket came up and it was in section 81 i think right behind the away bench and right next to the locker room exit. greatest seat of my life. i almost got jagr and henriks star of the game pucks. and got high fives from most of the team. i'll never sit in a better seat than that.
*Swoon*