HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Shooting (downwards) in NHL 08

Old
09-16-2007, 05:35 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Shooting (downwards) in NHL 08

So i have it for PS3, been practicing my ass off. From reading many posts it seems shooting issues abound. Mainly when facing downwards. Everytime i try to take a wrist shot using the reverse of the technique i would use when facing up, it just does this wierd deke pullback OR a really weak push ahead shot. Also taking a slapshot is near impossible. My guy never winds up properly. I guess you have to press up/down exactly on the right analog and then immediately exactly down/up. Also depends on the angle of your player facing the net.

These problems wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to practice this, but of course, you can only practice facing up!!! Maybe there is a way you can in fact practice facing downwards, does anyone know how? Any shooting advice?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Steel Yourselves

In 07, I always changed the option to Home/Away always facing up or however you like it to be, depending on if your home and away. I did this online as well. If your playing against someone on the same console then its a problem, but otehr then that, it was fine for me. I always had trouble shooting/dekeing faceing down.

Steel Yourselves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Do the opposite of what you're doing when you're going up. I have no problems.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Yeti
HFBoards Partner

Just go to "Visual Settings" and switch it so that your team always skates up towards the opposing goal. That's what I do...offline and online. It takes a couple of seconds to switch. It's much more enjoyable for me...and I know I play better skating up.

Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 07:14 PM
McNasty

The only difference for me is that you can't start aiming your shot before pulling it back, when i'm going up I like to pick my spot and then pull it back and let go, quicker release because I already have it targeted. Going down if I do that my player stops which unless I'm taking a slapshot takes a good amount of velocity off.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

I change my control scheme to "Always Up" instead of "Camera Relative" so it's the same on both sides of the ice. I know on 360 it's under the Xbox 360 Controller Settings menu, so I'd assume it's under the PS3 Controller Settings menu for you.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote