HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Comrie Article at NHL.com

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2004, 03:32 AM
rabi_sultan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Comrie Article at NHL.com

just thought I'd mention this article thats been written recently (05/01) by Wigge at NHL.com
http://www.nhl.com/columns/wigge/comrie010504.html

To be honest after reading about half way down I feel that this whole issue was about Mike Comrie getting upset over being called on his sub-par performance after injury and the Laraque contract being lucrative and not his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Comrie
"I didn't want this to be a war because Edmonton is still my hometown," Comrie told me. "Both sides could have done a better job of communicating in this mess."
No sorry Mike way to late now, your the one who burnt the bridge now your going to have to face the music, especially when you end the interview with this line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Comrie
"Being 23 and going through a situation like this, you hope you can learn from it," says Comrie. "You hope you can be a better person in the end."
better person? wait while i throw up wot a load of baloney has he been watching movies or something?

Old
01-08-2004, 05:44 AM
Bohologo

Sounds like the lament of someone who truly loused up a good thing, and is only now realizing it.

Old
01-08-2004, 06:08 AM
Mr Sakich

sounds like a guy who could use a hug from Bobby. Maybe Mikey and Hitchy should go have a nice cup of herbal tea and get in touch with their inner child.

Old
01-08-2004, 08:54 AM
jadeddog

no this sounds like a guy who realizes that he has to say the right things in interviews..... comrie doesnt care about "his hometown" nor does he care about "becoming a better person", the only thing he cares about is himself and "becoming a richer person"..... makes me sick, im ASHAMED to say that im from the same city as he is, and i can garantee that for the rest of my life i will never buy another thing from the brick (as long as the comrie family owns it anyhow)

Old
01-08-2004, 09:03 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
i just think that the most tell tale sign is the public exposure of Bill Comrie.

There was none meaning that he didn't want any part of this, due to Mike's secrecy over this matter Bill couldn't condone it otherwise everyone would have known then what he was up to and he is his son to boot. Makes you wonder how Paul was taking all of this.

Old
01-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Oilers1*

"I realize coming here that I'm not going to play 18 minutes a night like I did in Edmonton," Comrie says. "I'm going to have to earn the ice time on a team with so many great players and so much depth. I'm going to have to be ready each shift to try to make something happen here."

Oh, so he has no problem NOT playing 18 minutes a game, huh? . . .kind of shows you what a sham that whole, 'Kevin Lowe insulted me by calling me a second-liner, boo hoo' BS was, doesn't it?

Closed Thread