HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oshie: Center or RW?

Old
09-17-2007, 01:45 PM
TK 421
Donut Squad

vCash: 500
Oshie: Center or RW?

Been watching and waiting since '93 for a forward prospect of this caliber. Always had him at RW on my own lists, but after seeing him at development camp I like him better at center. IMO his skating still needs work to be as efficient at RW as center.
His smarts,reads and hustle should negate any skating deficiencies,just like him better at center. What do you guys think?

TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2007, 04:14 PM
execwrite

Good question. Berglund, Eller and Oshie are the top three forward prospects and one of them has to play wing.

I like Oshie on RW but maybe Eller on LW will work. Two of these three kids have to be the top-two centers of the future Blues.

execwrite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2007, 04:51 PM
StLooFrenchy

Conventional wisdom has a good shooter labelled as a winger, not something I necessarily agree with, but TJ will more than likely be a RW in the Bigs.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2007, 01:15 PM
azsioux

tj has plaeyed both with the sioux, this year its still up in the air, he may center the top line but i think he will stay at wing if they find the right guy to center him and duncan

azsioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2007, 03:58 PM
General Veers

i agree, tj as 1st line center driving the offense would be my ideal situation. with pauls current contract, we're guaranteed to see this dynamic duo!

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Bluester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
i agree, tj as 1st line center driving the offense would be my ideal situation. with pauls current contract, we're guaranteed to see this dynamic duo!
Not so sure guaranteed as in on the same line. Kariya has 3 years and after this 2. Can Oshie devolpe into a 1st line winger in 2 years in the NHL???? I'd really like to hope so but I don't see him being a first line guy within the first 2 years. Hopefully I am wrong though.

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote