HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bonk ?

Old
09-13-2007, 12:05 PM
SpreeEndaz

vCash: 500
Bonk ?

How do you think the Preds will use Bonk? In an offensive role, checking line role, penalty killing ? Because Bonk already showed flashes of brilliance in offense but was used as a third-liner with the Habs and I don't know for what role he was signed by the Preds; any of you guys can clarify his role on your team for me?

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
How do you think the Preds will use Bonk? In an offensive role, checking line role, penalty killing ? Because Bonk already showed flashes of brilliance in offense but was used as a third-liner with the Habs and I don't know for what role he was signed by the Preds; any of you guys can clarify his role on your team for me?
Bonk will be used in a two-way third line role on a checking line with probably Vernon Fiddler and Jed Ortmeyer to start the season.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Jarnberg

Bonk will likely be brought in as a the third line center.

Arnott developed chemistry with Dumont and Sullivan last season playing on a line together. Legwand has played with Erat the past few seasons. Arnott and Legwand will likely center the top two lines, while Bonk will center our third line. The third line is likely to be a defensive minded line. We're likely to back to rolling 2 offensive lines, 1 defensive line and 1 energy line again. We half-way tried the 3 offensive lines last year, but didn't have the players to do it (due to various things just as injuries).

Bonk will likely be asked to move up in the usual case of injuries, hopefully providing enough offense until Legwand or Arnott comes back.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 12:20 PM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Bonk will likely be brought in as a the third line center.

Arnott developed chemistry with Dumont and Sullivan last season playing on a line together. Legwand has played with Erat the past few seasons. Arnott and Legwand will likely center the top two lines, while Bonk will center our third line. The third line is likely to be a defensive minded line. We're likely to back to rolling 2 offensive lines, 1 defensive line and 1 energy line again. We half-way tried the 3 offensive lines last year, but didn't have the players to do it (due to various things just as injuries).

Bonk will likely be asked to move up in the usual case of injuries, hopefully providing enough offense until Legwand or Arnott comes back.
Thank you; this is exactly how he was used with the Habs and I guess you should expect the same kind of results then.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 12:27 PM
SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Because Bonk already showed flashes of brilliance in offense
No he didn't. Marian Hossa showed flashes of offensive brilliance. Bonk was just along for the ride.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 12:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post
No he didn't. Marian Hossa showed flashes of offensive brilliance. Bonk was just along for the ride.
Oh, right, after that amazing trade that brought Hossa to the Habs!

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 01:15 PM
SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Oh, right, after that amazing trade that brought Hossa to the Habs!
You know what I mean!

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 09:54 AM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
I'm hoping Bonk is your first line PK center and wins a ton of faceoffs... I'm in a fantasy league where short handed points and faceoff wins are particularly important and drafted Bonk with this in mind.

edit: I now see that Bonk has been practicing on your first line PP unit in front of the net where Hartnell used to play... should be interesting to see how he performs.

Last edited by UBCsalmonslayer: 09-25-2007 at 03:29 AM.
UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote