HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - Flyers v Panthers

View Poll Results: Flyers v Panthers
Win 15 65.22%
Loss 4 17.39%
OTL or Tie 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 05:45 AM
blah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
I can totall see our future, and it'll eb another first round battel with the Leafs because there ain't now ay we will win the division playing like this. Look forward to another first round exit. Wy is it that all the goaltenders we want in Philly make us look real bad when we play them??? Khabi, Biron, Luongo....etc.
They're like high school kids w/ college scouts in attendance. They want us to trade for them.

Old
01-09-2004, 07:00 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Seems like Hackett has lost alot of games for you guys in OT this year, I'm thinking at least three, is there more than that?

Old
01-09-2004, 07:05 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Seems like Hackett has lost alot of games for you guys in OT this year, I'm thinking at least three, is there more than that?
Hackett is 1-4 in OT. Win: NYR. Losses: Calgary, Tampa, Colorado, Florida. He was brutal in every one of the losses.

Old
01-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Hackett is 1-4 in OT. Win: NYR. Losses: Calgary, Tampa, Colorado, Florida. He was brutal in every one of the losses.
He's not going to become a fan favorite with that kind of record, that's for sure.

Old
01-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
He's not going to become a fan favorite with that kind of record, that's for sure.
Lately he's been a jack-in-the-box. You just know he's going to give up an untimely goal, you just don't know when. Robert Esche is clearly the #1, because of his play and because of Hackett's play. Esche needs to start more.

Old
01-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Overtime

Shooting percentage is telling when deciding if someone is a finisher or not. These are from today's paper which doesn't reflect last night's game yet.

Comrie's stats don't count yet - many players have a high shooting percentage after a handful of games - but he leads the team with 27% before last night's game.

Recchi's shooting percentage is for real and is at 20%. That qualifies as a finisher.

Roenick and Lapointe are at 16%. Lapointe actually goes to 17% when rounded off properly, but he has just 12 shots, so his stats aren't really accurate for a full year.

After that, the drop-off becomes rather scary. Handzus and LeClair are at 12%. Amonte and Brashear at 11%. Kapanen is at 8% while Williams, Gagne and Primeau all fall in at 7%. Its fine to credit Primeau with all the good things he's done this year and to say he has few goals because he's on a checking line but when he shoots he has to do better. Even more so for Gagne and Williams who are not on checking lines but are considered to be part of the 2nd scoring unit. When Brashear is better than Kapanen, Primeau, Gagne and Williams maybe there is a problem.

Old
01-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

Old
01-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
HORRIBLE!!!!!!!
It's okay, when I'm down in Philly next weekend, I'll be stalking Hack-job with a sack of doorknobs. How ironic... One knob getting beaten by several others.

Old
01-09-2004, 10:17 AM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
the problem is, that Hitchcock is going to give Hackett every chance to succeed because if he fails, then it makes Clarke look bad. Hackett, other than a good game here or their, has played bad and is costing us games.

Old
01-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Gagne2433

Send a message via AIM to Gagne2433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
Is he watching the same team we all are? Even the Panthers announcers on the Center Ice feed were raving about how much firepower the Flyers have. The Flyers are full of "go-to-guys"

I'd just like a "go-to-goalie"

No more Hackett. Put Esche in and let him play a few games.
Yes, I watch the same exact team.

They have plenty of firepower, but they do not have anyone that stands high above the rest.

They have no one that the team can rely on each and every night. Is it a problem? I don't think so, but the Flyers just lack that go-to-guy.

Old
01-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagne2433

They have plenty of firepower, but they do not have anyone that stands high above the rest.

They have no one that the team can rely on each and every night. Is it a problem? I don't think so, but the Flyers just lack that go-to-guy.

would that be a 45 goal scorer?

Old
01-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagne2433

The Devils have won three cups and we've never really had a go-to-guy, I think that's overrated espically if you have four solid lines as you guys seem to do know.

Old
01-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Teezax

Quote:
The Devils have won three cups and we've never really had a go-to-guy, I think that's overrated espically if you have four solid lines as you guys seem to do know.
I agree, screw the go to guy, it is way over rated...time we start playing like a team from the goalie up, in order to win everyone must make the same contibution wether it would be in the offensive or defensive zone. We've sucked since Lapointe has been out, now he's practicing again but where will he play?? My guess is Clarke waives him which would be a shame because he's one guy who gave it his all on every shift. I'm convinced that with Esche playing the majority of games for the 2nd half of the season, we'll be fine and should contend for top seed in the conference. 4th place means Toronto or Ottawa first round.

Old
01-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
I agree. This two goalie thing isn't good. They need a #1, and all they have are two number 2s, if that. It's time to see if Esche is at all what Clarke makes him out to be, or if he's just another flop.

Now it's 6 wins in the last 19 games.
I agree, I am not flaming but if you guys had a goalie near Luongo's caliber, I wouldn't want to face you in the playoffs.

I told a Flyers fan that at the game in South Florida last week and being that he was an idiot (not saying anyone else is, just him), he said "Luongo sucks, screw Luongo, screw Luongo's college". Yeah, Luongo really went to college genius!

Old
01-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
?

Esche didn't play because it was Hackett's "turn." If I recall, Hitchcock didn't claim he would ride one and leave the other as backup, but that he would continue to play both goaltenders as he did before Esche was injured.

Esche was injured once this season.

Esche has gotten hurt in every season he's played. This season is no different.

The point Esche can't play every night right now. He's coming off a groin. After coming back Hitch did start him in back to back games and Esche had a *twing* and so it will be until he's healthy until its even worth discussing getting off the rotating goalie system.

Old
01-10-2004, 02:16 AM
Crossbar

I don't see why choosing Hackett to start in a back to back night situation was a bad thing, you guys beat us 2-1 last time (the game Primeau got hurt) thanks mainly to Hackett (and Comrie's 2 goals) when (as most of you agreed) we outplayed you guys that night. This time it was vise versa.

Old
01-10-2004, 05:20 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
I don't see why choosing Hackett to start in a back to back night situation was a bad thing, you guys beat us 2-1 last time (the game Primeau got hurt) thanks mainly to Hackett.
The Flyers losses recently have been mainly due to Hackett, he has been brutal. Think Cecho on a very bad night without any quality saves.

Old
01-10-2004, 05:59 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
I agree, I am not flaming but if you guys had a goalie near Luongo's caliber, I wouldn't want to face you in the playoffs.

I told a Flyers fan that at the game in South Florida last week and being that he was an idiot (not saying anyone else is, just him), he said "Luongo sucks, screw Luongo, screw Luongo's college". Yeah, Luongo really went to college genius!
I don't disagree.... if the Flyers had a #1, they'd be frightening.... then again... having the best goalie in the world isn't enough when the team won't score!

Old
01-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Fla.Flyer.Fan

There are 2 separate issues here. First, we give up less than 20 shots and our goalie lets in 3 of them. Some were good scoring chances, some weren't. Bottom line is, goals get into the net that shouldn't beat an NHL goal tender. The Second (and unrelated) problem is that in the last 2 games we had around a 100 shots on goal. What we don't have is pure goal scorers, "placing" pucks to beat goalies. We have Square on, straight ahead, low scoring chance type shots that just aren't going to get by starting net minders in this league (unless they happen to be named Hackett!).

Closed Thread