HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Right Wing Help

Old
09-30-2007, 10:56 PM
greekdrummer

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to greekdrummer
Right Wing Help

thanks to everyone that suggested those defensive tips to me, today i stole like 4 pucks and blocked a lot of passes and i even poked the puck away from a guy when i was down on my stomach
now that i think i got the defense down better can you guys help me out with some offense? i dont really have the best linemates and i set them up but not much happens but does anyone have anytips for me to get set up well and get open and score some goals? thanks

greekdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 01:04 AM
lotus

Go to the net on the rush !! So many wingers just sit back expecting a pass. You can't go wrong straight at the net! You got a great chance at either a centering pass or a rebound.

Oh, stick down on the ice! Makes an easy target for a pass, plus if for some reason an unsuspecting pass comes to you ala Forsberg style, you wont be too off guard for a scoring opportunity.

Don't forget that if the goalie has the puck, skate right up to him. Keep him honest, make sure he covers that puck. I've scored a goal or two going to the goalie while he is trying to play the puck instead of holding it. You might take some abuse but it's just something good to do, teammates and coaches alike will be respect you for it.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
Crashing the net helps...and you say you are trying to set up your teammates but sometimes the best thing to do is to just shoot!

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 06:29 PM
greekdrummer

ok does anyone have a very helpful video like someone did on the defensive help thread i posted last time. that helped me out so much.

Old
10-02-2007, 05:11 PM
fishman123097

Send a message via AIM to fishman123097
Well when you get the puck you want to get pass the other guys so try to get around them and skate fast to their goal.

fishman123097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 05:12 PM
fishman123097

Send a message via AIM to fishman123097
**** you stupid ******

fishman123097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 05:17 PM
greekdrummer

wow shut up isaac i know that

Old
10-02-2007, 06:07 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Find open areas, get yourself into positions where there are clear passing lanes and work on your shot release. Talk to your linemates. Try to understand how they think so you can react accordingly when they do something.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 11:26 PM
SSM12

Well, I play wing, and one think that helps me is rotating. If say for instance, your Centre goes and gets the puck out of a corner, go to the net, take their position and then rotate back out when aplicable. Another tip is try to invision the play. When my teamates have the puck and are skating down, I try and think about where they may go with it. If you go to open area, make sure they can see you as its very hard to pass to someoen you don't see. Another thing is try not to stop skating, its alot easier to get open if you are constantly moving. I would also recommend, if you find yourself wiht the puck on your stick alot, look pass, but also look over your shooting options, doesnt hurt to be selfish SOMETIMES, but dont become what some call a puck hog.

SSM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 12:04 AM
EmptyNetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdrummer View Post
wow shut up isaac i know that
Are you guys brothers or something?

If you're planning to be the finisher I suggest you practice :

1. Receiving a pass, including kicking the puck onto your stick
2. One timers
3. Skating and stopping

Passes won't always be crisp and they won't always be tape to tape. If the puck comes anywhere near you make sure you have the ability to get it onto your stick quickly so you can either take off or take your shot on net ASAP. To practice kicking the puck, work on balance and practice angling your foot. If reaching for a puck remember to keep two hands on your stick and drag it toward you -- it's easy for a defender to lift your stick and steal the puck otherwise.

Practice one-timing a pass to you so that if you're open to receive a pass you can get an accurate shot off before their D can set up to block you. Also, practice drawing your stick back to cradle a pass -- your stick will be in the shooting position much sooner than if you stop the pass, then draw it back to tee up your shot.

Also practice your snap shot so if there's a loose puck anywhere in front of the net you can get it up over the goalie's pads.

Lastly, practice stopping in the direction of the passer, quick stop and quick start to shake a defender and anything else you can think of.

Last edited by EmptyNetter: 10-03-2007 at 03:33 PM.
EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 06:05 PM
EmptyNetter

I'd like to add that all that means NOTHING if you and your line don't practice together.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote