HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

GDT..9/19/07...Lightning VS Stars *Preseason

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Idealsupra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristia28 View Post
From what I've seen in Camp and heard tonight... It sounds like Brad has come to play this year...

sounded to me like he needs to work on his faceoffs... a LOT... all i kept hearing was richards loses the faceoff to "insert dallas stars player name here"

other then that he sounded solid.

Old
09-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplitersniper View Post
sounded to me like he needs to work on his faceoffs... a LOT... all i kept hearing was richards loses the faceoff to "insert dallas stars player name here"

maybe it was just a night off, he is usually one of the best in the faceoffs.

Old
09-19-2007, 10:30 PM
IcePalace

The game was fun. My company has been working on the graphics for the lightning for the past few months, which was cool as I got to see the new logo months before anyone else I even have a small part in the animation of the opening going on the 360 scoreboard, but the guy working on the stuff full time is making some sweet stuff. I'm a little jealous that I can't help more as I'm animating another, equally exciting, project that I probably can never even put clips of on my reel.

Anyway, the new work is light years ahead of the old graphics package. I was hoping to see some of it tonight, but they don't have too much rendered and approved yet. Still, the new scoreboards are sick!

Old
09-19-2007, 10:37 PM
gobolt7

Richards and Marc Denis were the best players on the ice tonight. I think Denis finished with 36 saves on 39 shots. I am not really sure what happened on the first goal, it looked ackward, and flukey.The other two were just lasers. Not much he could have done about either of them. He has a confidence about him that I did not see at all last year. Between camp and tonight, this is the best I have ever seen Richards look.

When Darche took that penalty with 2:55 left in the game, I was ready to come on here and basically write his Lightning obituary. He did about the only thing he could to keep his hopes on life support. Good for him.

The scoreboard is amazing. Think of it as watching HD TV on a bigscreen, thats what the replays look like. It will be even more amazing when they actually know how to use it. Because they are not even close now. My only complaint is that the penalty times are a little small. I guess I will get used to that though. I have a picture of it on my camera phone, if I can get it to work, I will post it.

Old
09-19-2007, 10:52 PM
IcePalace

If I'd have known anyone wanted a picture of it, I would have taken one

I'm wondering if the operator learning curve is bungling up that stuff, because all of the stuff we've designed is 180 so that it matches up with the other sides and nothing was 180 tonight. Just wait until you see the player profiles on the scoreboard! There is so much cool stuff going on that I take trips back to the room every once in a while just to see what our guy is working on. Luckily one of those trips netted me some work to get into it!

Denis did look confident, but I'm not sure how he's going to fare in the season. I'm afraid when a bunch of AHLers put 3 in on the guy. But you're right, a lot of them were good plays. I was on the other end for all but one goal, but on one of them it looked like he was led quite far out of position, but I could be seriously mistaken as a lot of the players were blocking my view on that one. I was sitting in 106.

Old
09-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
maybe it was just a night off, he is usually one of the best in the faceoffs.

well i just looked at the box score and it says he actually won 16/25 for 64% which is obviously pretty good. so maybe it was just odd selective hearing

Old
09-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Ville Isopää

Send a message via ICQ to Ville Isopää
How did Mike Lundin look? I guess he'll need atleast a season of AHL play before he can challenge for a place on the big team?

Old
09-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Dangerfield

Lundin looked OK, reasonably steady but nothing spectacular.

Brad was clearly, as gobolt7 said, the best player on the ice. Neither team really looked very impressive.

That goal allowed during the final minute of regulation was upsetting, one of those cluster****s in front of the net that plagued us last year. What made it even more upsetting was that Kuba and OB were on the ice for that.

Other than that one, which I guess wasn't really his fault, Denis looked fairly good.

Ryan Craig got his butt handed to him by BJ Crombeen, who was banging on our guys all night, in that fight at the close of the 1st period.

The game winner was a thing of beauty. Brad carried the puck in above the right circle, Darche came off the bench and streaked toward the Stars' goal, Brad stopped and put the puck right on his stick in full stride and he just buried it.

Old
09-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplitersniper View Post

according to the official game report, Richards was 16-9 (64%) :dunno

Old
09-20-2007, 11:26 AM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Richards and Marc Denis were the best players on the ice tonight. I think Denis finished with 36 saves on 39 shots. I am not really sure what happened on the first goal, it looked ackward, and flukey.The other two were just lasers. Not much he could have done about either of them. He has a confidence about him that I did not see at all last year. Between camp and tonight, this is the best I have ever seen Richards look.
I thought the B-19 sounded like he was there to play, not taking a night off. I feel a little better about him for this season. He can (and will) be better.

For once, Espy and I agree on a goal situation; that first Dallas goal was a fluke. Plain and simple. Even though I couldn't see it, I can imagine the look on Denis' face.
Mine was "what the...?"

Old
09-21-2007, 10:10 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Some Marc Denis fans in here.

Old
09-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Hockeyfan02

I'll be a Denis fan if he continues this in to the season. He can't get be worse than last season. (*knock on wood*)

Old
09-21-2007, 11:51 AM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie Needed View Post
Some Marc Denis fans in here.
You sassin' me, boy?

Old
09-21-2007, 03:48 PM
jg39
SFY is great

vCash: 517
in game photos of the new jsys...

craig:

ouellet:

wanvig:

i like them...can't wait to see the new white jerseys!

Old
09-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Hockeyfan02

That kid looks pissed Wanvig scored.

Old
09-21-2007, 09:08 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

nice pictures. The jerseys look good on them.

Old
09-22-2007, 12:52 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Twitch Tabitha View Post
You sassin' me, boy?
Nope, I'm on your side remember. I think we were the only two willing to give him another chance.

Closed Thread