HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL looking to change schedule...

Old
09-19-2007, 09:01 PM
NYR94

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
It's a good idea to go back to the old format. There's no reason why fans shouldn't be able to see every team in their building at least once a season. I'm a Rangers fan but I'm also a fan of the amazing talent present throughout the other 29 teams and enjoy the opportunity to experience it live.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 09:08 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
It's a good idea to go back to the old format. There's no reason why fans shouldn't be able to see every team in their building at least once a season. I'm a Rangers fan but I'm also a fan of the amazing talent present throughout the other 29 teams and enjoy the opportunity to experience it live.
Did the old format really have every team in each building at least once a season? That would mean we play 30 games against the Western conference. Is that how it used to be? I can't remember at this point.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 09:12 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Did the old format really have every team in each building at least once a season? That would mean we play 30 games against the Western conference. Is that how it used to be? I can't remember at this point.
You know now that I think about it that might not have been the case. I was reading an article yesterday about changing the schedule, and I believe it mentioned something about playing each team. But the part about it being in your own building could be wrong.

Just playing each team once for me would be enough. So there's only a 50-50 chance that it's in your building, but at least you could still catch it on TV.

Because isn't the current schedule something like you only play one division from the other conference, and it rotates every year?

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 10:39 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
You know now that I think about it that might not have been the case. I was reading an article yesterday about changing the schedule, and I believe it mentioned something about playing each team. But the part about it being in your own building could be wrong.

Just playing each team once for me would be enough. So there's only a 50-50 chance that it's in your building, but at least you could still catch it on TV.

Because isn't the current schedule something like you only play one division from the other conference, and it rotates every year?
Right now you play one division in your building, and another in their building, with you not playing the third at all.

There doesn't seem to be a simple solution to the problem. Maybe if you played 20 games against the other conference (one division at their building, one in yours, and a home and home against the third.) That way you play all but 5 teams in your house every year. The problem is how do you schedule the remaining 62 games?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 10:46 PM
BigE

I'm in favour of this move to switch the schedules. I'd love to see the Rangers play close to home a little more often, and having them in Calgary or Edmonton or Minnesota once a year would be nice.

There seems to be a bit of a trade-off between the revenues generated from stars like Crosby and Ovechkin visiting the west versus the 8 game rivalry matches that some teams happen to have. However, in the day and age of spreading the wealth this schedule sees some of the teams that aren't fortunate enough to have big rivalry draws get additional sellouts due to their superstar competition.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yep, you played at least two games (one home, one away)against every team in the NHL.

And I would like to see them go back to that format--I'm a fan of hockey and want to see each team in my building at least once every season.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

8 is WAY too much for me. it seems like youre playing the same damn team every other game. I like more variation. Id like to see it go down to 6.

6 is a good number.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote