HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New NYR Jerseys suck.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-22-2007, 03:46 AM
  #26
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
The jerseys are terrible, but we knew that already, this isn't anything new. The players seem to hate them too. I'm sure they will alter them for next season. They just look stupid and apparently feel stupid on the players as well.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 04:48 AM
  #27
ish
Registered User
 
ish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
I can barely find the words for how I feel about the new jerseys. It's an embarassment. The players look ridiculous. The uneven bottoms of the jerseys are a disgrace. I also really hate the NHL logo near the neck. Hockey jerseys aren't football jerseys. It looks even worse on a jersey with laces like ours. The "R" in Rangers is further away from the right arm than it used to be because the jerseys are so much more compact, which looks weird.

Now that I've seen just about every teams new ones, I conclude that as a whole, this was a complete debacle. The Oilers and Preds look like practice jerseys. There are hardly any stripes. A bunch of teams have no bottom stripes. A lot of teams added thin stripes (Carolina, Calgary, Edmonton, Florida, etc.) to make sure they all look similar. Real unique. I don't even know what to say about the arms on the Flyers jerseys. The Sharks and Lightning had to take perfectly fine logos and make them "edgier". The only positives I find is that Dallas' new ones would be pretty solid if it were the old material and shape and I don't think anyone has socks with vertical stripes.

What a joke. There's no way I buy one of these new ones. No way.

ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 05:10 AM
  #28
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
I was there last night and could notice the untucked undershirt look of that thick white stripe from the last row of the 400's. Also thought the "RANGERS" was still way too vertical. Was hoping the jersey would stretch thus making it look like what we are used to, but no luck.

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 06:40 AM
  #29
007
Olympic nut
 
007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mannahatta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 3,475
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
That the jerseys were a bit tighter didn't bother me -- it's made the players look more like they did in the late 70s, which is fine with me. But I had the exact same thought as some of the other posters: the curved bottom edge of the jersey looks horrible on the Rangers! It wasn't so bad on the Devils' jerseys.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 07:50 AM
  #30
BlueShirtsFan86
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
I liked them, reminded me of the old black and white pictures of old time hockey.

But to be honest, I barely even noticed the difference, I was to busy paying attention to the game and seeing how bright our future really is!

BlueShirtsFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 08:18 AM
  #31
Smashley
Registered User
 
Smashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rawlbany, NY
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
"less material so the players can move faster!!!"


--- ok, so how does adding a loin cloth to the bottom help aerodynamics...?

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 09:01 AM
  #32
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,011
vCash: 500
If the players dont like the white flap on the bttom they could always cut them but I bet it does not bother them, I would think the form fitting would bother them more. Also, I guess Avery does not like the string tie as he took his off.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 09:38 AM
  #33
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Just another dumbass marketing ploy by Baddman and crew. Hopefully NHL fans realize this and do not buy them. Another classic example of Baddman not understanding the tradition of the game. He has tried and in some cases succeed in in ripping away some of the very heart and soul fabrics that have made this game so great.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 10:17 AM
  #34
Tomas Sandstrom 28
Registered User
 
Tomas Sandstrom 28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
I'm not ready to jump off a bridge or anything but I'm also not a big fan our the new jerseys. As everyone said the curved bottom looks sloppy...I'm wondering what the point of that is.. but the thing that just bugs the heck out of me is the off-centered lettering on the front... it looks like a kindergartener pasted the letters onto the jersey...drives me nuts

edit: P.S. was there really anything "wrong" with the old jerseys? If it ain't broke...

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 11:05 AM
  #35
BlueShirtsFan86
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Another classic example of Baddman not understanding the tradition of the game.
I still don't understand how the Jersey change is killing tradition. Everyone has the right to their opinion, and I see that these jersey's are definitly not favored by the majority, and agree that the curve end of the jersey isn't that great looking at all. But killing tradition? Come on, there are far better arguements used against these Jerseys, and tradition is no where near it. This is not the first time they have changed, and definitly won't be the last either.

BlueShirtsFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 11:25 AM
  #36
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,011
vCash: 500
Its smart marketing. People will still buy these Jersey's, then because of all the complaining they will change them in a couple of years and say 'we are listening to the fans we want to give the fans what they want', and everybody will buy the new jerseys that the come out with again. Now that marketing for the owners!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 11:30 AM
  #37
gilles lupien
 
gilles lupien's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
The tighter fit is fine by me. I'm sure it's lighter, breathes better is fine. Like I said, it's the shirt-tail at the bottom that is weird. If you go to NHL .com (i think) where they show all the tream jerseys, it doesn't look like the rangers one has as much white at the bottom like they did last night.

They should make that white shirt-tails blue. I think that's all that's needed. need a solid color at the bottom. Look at the other nhl jerseys with solid colors at the bottom. those are fine.

Look at the devils jersey, for example. the body is red. the bottom, rounded part is red too. Look at the habs. same thing. that's all that's needed.

gilles lupien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 11:58 AM
  #38
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
If the players dont like the white flap on the bttom they could always cut them but I bet it does not bother them, I would think the form fitting would bother them more. Also, I guess Avery does not like the string tie as he took his off.
You can't modifiy your jersey like that. There is no way the league would allow it.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 12:15 PM
  #39
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
You can't modifiy your jersey like that. There is no way the league would allow it.
Show me the rule that says you cant, also Avery took the string off his, is that modifing a jersey? That is actually a more noticable change then cuttin of some of the bottom of the jersey

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 12:18 PM
  #40
Smashley
Registered User
 
Smashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rawlbany, NY
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Show me the rule that says you cant, also Avery took the string off his, is that modifing a jersey? That is actually a more noticable change then cuttin of some of the bottom of the jersey
So basically if Jagr was like, ya know, this jersey would look alot better on me as a muscle shirt, and cut his sleeves off, the nhl would shrug and be fine with it?

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 12:22 PM
  #41
Cartman27
 
Cartman27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
I tried one on in Cosby's, and they feel comforming. Thats great for someone who wheres a medium size jersey, lol.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 12:40 PM
  #42
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work
 
yada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: watching happy pony
Country: United States
Posts: 10,401
vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
jagr ripping the sleeves off his jersey and making it a muscle shirt

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 01:15 PM
  #43
cityhockeyfever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York City area
Country: United States
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ish View Post
I can barely find the words for how I feel about the new jerseys. It's an embarassment. The players look ridiculous. The uneven bottoms of the jerseys are a disgrace. I also really hate the NHL logo near the neck. Hockey jerseys aren't football jerseys. It looks even worse on a jersey with laces like ours. The "R" in Rangers is further away from the right arm than it used to be because the jerseys are so much more compact, which looks weird...

What a joke. There's no way I buy one of these new ones. No way.
The only way the bottoms of the new RBK Edge jerseys can look good is if teams don't include striping like the Rangers have. The Devils jerseys are fine because the bottom of theirs is the same as the jersey base color (last night's case, white).

I don't have a problem at all with the inclusion of the NHL logo on the collar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I was there last night and could notice the untucked undershirt look of that thick white stripe from the last row of the 400's. Also thought the "RANGERS" was still way too vertical. Was hoping the jersey would stretch thus making it look like what we are used to, but no luck.
It isn't the tightness I have a serious issue with, but the fact the way the fabric panels are set up with this Rangers jersey template, they had to move the "RANGERS" farther away from the right arm. I don't get why Reebok couldn't have one less panel area between the armpits and the center of the front of the jersey. The center panel could've covered from armpit to armpit instead of two extra thin panels between the center panel and the armpits. That's why they couldn't sew the R in RANGERS in the original position and have the name sewn on has it has been through last season.

I know that sounds ultra picky, but I'm sorry. The "RANGERS" is my biggest problem with the new jerseys. It's too vertical and terrible to look at. Sadly, if the Rangers win the championship this season, these are the friggin' jerseys we'll see them in.

There is one very slim ray of hope that maybe, just maybe the Rangers can make this correction in time for the season opener should the players complain enough. I cannot say Reebok will give a crap if just the fans complain.

See, if the Rangers went to the Lady Liberty logo full-time, I doubt we'd have issues with the way the jerseys look and I say this because based on what I see, the RBK Edge templates work better when there are logos on the front as opposed to team names written on the front like the Rangers do.

cityhockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 01:24 PM
  #44
TheSchwab
Registered User
 
TheSchwab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Sandstrom 28 View Post
edit: P.S. was there really anything "wrong" with the old jerseys? If it ain't broke...
Nothing was wrong, but Reebok has the $ the NHL wants to do the jerseys.


From a fans point, one "advantage" is that the new jerseys are smaller and can be worn more like a shirt, but that is personal preference.

Well, the NHL wanted to go new-age, but the best thing about hockey is its history and traditions.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 01:39 PM
  #45
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadadaimhollaing View Post
jagr ripping the sleeves off his jersey and making it a muscle shirt
you are being extreme, cutting the bottom of a shirt or removing string from the top is not. Have you ever seen the shorts, those things are cut open on the inside, i dont hear the nhl saying if the shorts are ripped, replace it.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 02:00 PM
  #46
illmatic
Registered User
 
illmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
another thing that bothered me was that the alternate captain's "A" is bigger than the "R-A-N-G-E-R-S" letters, and to make matters worse it was also up higher on the jersey than the "R"...add to that the narrow lettering/sloppy rounded bottoms, and it didn't look good on TV at all

illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 02:14 PM
  #47
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Show me the rule that says you cant, also Avery took the string off his, is that modifing a jersey? That is actually a more noticable change then cuttin of some of the bottom of the jersey
Team Uniform – All players of each team shall be dressed uniformly
with approved design and color of their helmets, sweaters, short
pants, stockings and skates.
Altered uniforms of any kind, i.e. Velcro inserts, over-sized jerseys,
altered collars, etc., will not be permitted.
Any player or goalkeeper
not complying with this rule shall not be permitted to participate in the
game. For violations, refer to 9.5.
Each member Club shall design and wear distinctive and
contrasting uniforms for their home and road games, no parts of which
shall be interchangeable except the pants. Any concerns regarding a
player’s uniform (including the goalkeeper) shall be reported by the
Referee to the NHL Hockey Operations Department.

9.3 Player’s Jersey – The maximum jersey size is (see diagram).
No inserts or additions are to be added to the standard players’
jersey as produced by the manufacturer. (Modifications at the
manufacturer are not allowed unless approved in advance by the
League)
No alteration of the neck opening is permitted.
Sleeves must extend into the cuff of the glove.
Jerseys must be “tied down” properly at all times.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 02:54 PM
  #48
jhnyr
Registered User
 
jhnyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I was there last night and could notice the untucked undershirt look of that thick white stripe from the last row of the 400's. Also thought the "RANGERS" was still way too vertical. Was hoping the jersey would stretch thus making it look like what we are used to, but no luck.
I saw the same... A lot of people think they're fine... but honestly, the RANGERS lettering looked retarded. The R started right at the laces, and yes... the Alternate "A" was too close to the other letters.

And the giant white flare at the bottom is pathetic. The jerseys definitely looked tighter, but honestly didn't look too bad on the FEW players who wear thin pads. The guys who wear bigger shoulderpads, though... looked ridiculous.

Oh, and one other thing I noticed. I walked by 2 fans wearing the new jerseys, and you can see right through them. For whatever that's worth.

jhnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 02:59 PM
  #49
TheSchwab
Registered User
 
TheSchwab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannyNYR View Post
Oh, and one other thing I noticed. I walked by 2 fans wearing the new jerseys, and you can see right through them. For whatever that's worth.
Where are the ladies

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 04:03 PM
  #50
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Team Uniform – All players of each team shall be dressed uniformly
with approved design and color of their helmets, sweaters, short
pants, stockings and skates.
Altered uniforms of any kind, i.e. Velcro inserts, over-sized jerseys,
altered collars, etc., will not be permitted.
Any player or goalkeeper
not complying with this rule shall not be permitted to participate in the
game. For violations, refer to 9.5.
Each member Club shall design and wear distinctive and
contrasting uniforms for their home and road games, no parts of which
shall be interchangeable except the pants. Any concerns regarding a
player’s uniform (including the goalkeeper) shall be reported by the
Referee to the NHL Hockey Operations Department.

9.3 Player’s Jersey – The maximum jersey size is (see diagram).
No inserts or additions are to be added to the standard players’
jersey as produced by the manufacturer. (Modifications at the
manufacturer are not allowed unless approved in advance by the
League)
No alteration of the neck opening is permitted.
Sleeves must extend into the cuff of the glove.
Jerseys must be “tied down” properly at all times.
I guess there is room for interpitation, as Avery removed the strings on his colar.

Thanks for the info.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.