HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New NYR Jerseys suck.

Old
09-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Lundqvist™

vCash: 500
When I saw the first skater I thought to myself, ohhh his T-shirt is out? I had no idea until I looked closer!

Ugly!

Lundqvist™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 03:33 AM
jhnyr

Some of the players obviously don't like the tightness, and opted for larger sizes. Some of them went a little freakin' overboard! Check out the size of Pock's jersey in this shot:

And Rozy's in this one:

And as for the lettering... Look how close the "A" is to the laces on Gomer's jersey:

Again, it could have been much worse... but these jerseys just simply don't look right. Eh, whatever. Good news is that the old style is still being sold by most places, so we can go with those.

Last edited by jhnyr: 09-23-2007 at 03:40 AM.
jhnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 08:04 AM
OldBlueSeats

Those skin tight Jerseys stink, they look way to small and whats with that retarted white strip, they should have at least made it blue. Who looked at those and said "yeah this is it, they look great" I feek like a fishstick, it has to change. Jessimen looked like he was 11 years old with the same skin tight jersey he had for the last 4 years on the pond, all the kids made fun of him because his parents wont get him a new one. crap job on they rubber jerseys. im pissed we look silly. Dont anyone buy that crap!

OldBlueSeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 09:03 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueSeats View Post
Those skin tight Jerseys stink, they look way to small and whats with that retarted white strip, they should have at least made it blue. Who looked at those and said "yeah this is it, they look great" I feek like a fishstick, it has to change. Jessimen looked like he was 11 years old with the same skin tight jersey he had for the last 4 years on the pond, all the kids made fun of him because his parents wont get him a new one. crap job on they rubber jerseys. im pissed we look silly. Dont anyone buy that crap!
Well said, possibly the greatest post in the history of message boards.

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
the new jerseys ARE faster...

see?

somebody PS a pair of red shorts on a speed skater, and some NYR logos.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 10:39 AM
BklyNYR4Life

those do look pretty awful, but considering what I've seen of other team's jerseys we should consider ourselves lucky. just happy I picked up a jersey over the summer cause I dont think I'd ever buy one of these new style ones. hope bettman comes to his senses and realizes that is clearly a mistake and they go back to the old style jerseys.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 10:42 AM
OldBlueSeats

Is that Kovalev? With Jim Pack on his tail

Last edited by OldBlueSeats: 09-23-2007 at 10:43 AM. Reason: :O)
Old
09-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

there definitely seems to be an issue with the straps that tie the jersey down. Orrs came off very easily in the fight against Boulerice last night. That is something that needs to be resolved asap.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
Where are the ladies
Not stupid enough to be buying the new jersey's...

check out how cheap they are:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/photo?sl...ia_&prov=getty

notice gomez's "A"

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 12:57 PM
WheresBarnaby

As everyone else said they looked like untucked dress shirts. The lettering seems a little bit huge on the front too due to the decreased overall size of the jesey, but eh, oh well, hopefully they'll go back next year.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Balej20*

The jerseys are an absolute embarassment

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 01:08 PM
ThirdEye

Man, the more I think about it the more I want to smack Bettman over the head. Seriously, who did they refer to when they made these idiotic jerseys. I thought they were fine at first, but now I'm hearing they rip easily and most players hate them. Also, as mentioned, some of our players look completely ridiculous with them on. Gomez's A fell off for no reason yesterday...

Sheez, I'm more pissed than I probably should be. We should boycott the jerseys until they fix them, or at least until they fix the obvious flaws

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 01:12 PM
gilles lupien

Can someone photoshop the new jersey and make the white shirt-tail /loincloth blue?

then remove the squished, diagonal fridge-magnet "rangers" and replace it with the rangers shield logo?

Then let's see how it looks and send it to the rangers organization, mmkay?

I wish i had photoshop skills. Can anyone do that?

gilles lupien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 01:30 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 01:50 PM
gers*

hahaha

gers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 02:33 PM
OldBlueSeats

whats sad is the original 6 jerseys have changed and not for the better. The Rangers and Toronto are classic and when they went back to the tie on the front they were even better. Honestly was there really a problem with the old jerseys? Its not like they went from those all metal blades to adding in the plastic, that was a huge improvement for skaters, this is all about marketing and it will fail. anyone ever feel this material? is it like a stretch material or something. my god I cant believe it still bothering me.

Old
09-23-2007, 02:35 PM
bbblueshirts

hey all.. i've been reading these boards for years and now i finally have my first post...

i just threw these together in photoshop. not my best photoshop work, but they are good as a reference. i don't think they look nearly as bad with blue on the bottom. it looks way better than they look now in my opinion.

i really tried to give these jerseys a chance... but they just look ridiculous.. hopefully we won't be stuck with them for long...

Last edited by bbblueshirts: 09-23-2007 at 03:12 PM.
bbblueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueSeats View Post
whats sad is the original 6 jerseys have changed and not for the better. The Rangers and Toronto are classic and when they went back to the tie on the front they were even better. Honestly was there really a problem with the old jerseys? Its not like they went from those all metal blades to adding in the plastic, that was a huge improvement for skaters, this is all about marketing and it will fail. anyone ever feel this material? is it like a stretch material or something. my god I cant believe it still bothering me.
well, they had good intentions, of making the jerseys absorb less liquids, making them lighter for the entire game, and easier to move in. i just think they should have done so, w/o changing the physical dimensions of the jersey. i dont like how tight they look. not at all.

Old
09-23-2007, 05:50 PM
gilles lupien

Good job on the photoshopping. Those jerseys look very cool now. don't you think? with the blue on the bottom and the sheild logo instead of the rangers? i'd wear one.

gilles lupien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannyNYR View Post
I saw the same... A lot of people think they're fine... but honestly, the RANGERS lettering looked retarded. The R started right at the laces, and yes... the Alternate "A" was too close to the other letters.
I think we'll all grow more accustomed the fit of the jerseys over time, but the lettering is really a mess. Honestly, did the team look at any other options for laying it out or changing to one of the team's other logos or wordmarks?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 06:16 PM
OldBlueSeats

they just suck

Old
09-23-2007, 06:18 PM
OldBlueSeats

Just wanted to add some touches to this RED HOT jersey topic!

Old
09-23-2007, 06:36 PM
BklyNYR4Life

hey, if the NBA could switch back to the old style ball mid-season, there may be some hope that these abominations wont last long at all. at the least they better still produce "old" style jerseys for selling, I'll never be caught wearing one of these things...

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

anyone read this article?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07266/819908-61.stm

Quote:
"[The sweaters] don't soak anything in, which I guess is what they wanted," Recchi said. "But the problem is, it goes through all of your equipment. It goes into your gloves, goes into your skates."

And eventually saturates the leather in both, leaving the players feeling as if their hands and feet are immersed in liquid. Perhaps because, at least in some cases, they are.

"They do what they were designed to do, as far as repelling the water," defenseman Mark Eaton said. "But we've found, the last three or four days of wearing them, that, when the water's repelled, it has nowhere to go but into your skates and gloves.

"By the end of the second [period] or the start of the third, your skates are sloshing around and you have to change your gloves because they're [soaked]."

Old
09-23-2007, 07:22 PM
jhnyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
at the least they better still produce "old" style jerseys for selling, I'll never be caught wearing one of these things...
They are. Reebok will still be selling the "classic" replicas under the CCM brand. Not only did I get told that by the guy I buy my jerseys from... but Friday night at Cosby's the guy behind the counter told me the same thing. (But $185 for a lettered classic replica? Cosby's can eat my ass with a spoon. I'll stick with my guy for $119.)

jhnyr is offline   Reply With Quote