HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New NYR Jerseys suck.

Old
09-25-2007, 12:09 AM
otterulz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
these are gonna go just like the "new" nba ball that lasted... what, 4 months?
Yeah, but there's a difference between a game ball and outfitting an entire league (not to mention the AHL). I would think financially, the NHL would take a much larger hit by discontinuing the jerseys. Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right, but I doubt the NHL would let these jerseys die so quickly unless a vast majority of the players started complaining.

And what is with these companies that seem to have problems making a decent product? There were a lot of complaints about the new batting practice caps by Majestic and how ugly they were. If you know what they look like, some players went as far as coloring in those curvy shapes on the sides of their caps so they don't get in trouble by MLB for not wearing them. Now you have Reebok and their problems with these new uniforms.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 01:30 AM
NYR Lunchbox

i simply think the league should give player choice, normal or edge that way play isnt hindered but the problems is 1 must not have any sort of advantage over the other

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 01:40 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post
i simply think the league should give player choice, normal or edge that way play isnt hindered but the problems is 1 must not have any sort of advantage over the other
you cant have it that way, the jerseys look similar, but arent identical. this is a professional league, not a pickup game

even though i hate the new jerseys with a fiery passion, i dont think theres any way they will be removed. my guess is they will be refined repeatedly till they do what they are supposed to do, w/o any of the negative side effects.

I just wish they started it off in the AHL, worked out the kinks, THEN brought it to the big league.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 01:43 AM
Balej20*

It's funny how the main reason for the jersey change was for a tighter fit...but every single player in the league is just wearing the jersey's oversized. What a debacle these jerseys are.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 02:04 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
I started laughing when I saw the thread title. I think they look ehh and I was at Fridays game against the Devs.

My prediction...?? Somewhere down the line, it will "grow" on everyone. Change usually takes some adjusting.

I ended up getting a CCM Lundqvist.

Could the Rangers modify them during the season if all the players are *****in about em??

-B

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 03:11 AM
NYR Lunchbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I just wish they started it off in the AHL, worked out the kinks, THEN brought it to the big league.
you my friend just said 1 of the smartest ideas in hockey history BUT this is bettman's league

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
Could the Rangers modify them during the season if all the players are *****in about em??
i would just like the team to add some blue on the curved bottoms so they look better, and maybe the equiptment mgr. could rip off all the sleeves of the edge jerseys and sew on old ones for played comfort

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 06:33 AM
robertdsc44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follow View Post
hey all.. i've been reading these boards for years and now i finally have my first post...

i just threw these together in photoshop. not my best photoshop work, but they are good as a reference. i don't think they look nearly as bad with blue on the bottom. it looks way better than they look now in my opinion.

i really tried to give these jerseys a chance... but they just look ridiculous.. hopefully we won't be stuck with them for long...

Love that last one.

Last edited by robertdsc44: 09-25-2007 at 06:39 AM.
robertdsc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Just heard on NHL Home Ice on XM that a bunch of players have been complaining about the way sweat pools in the jersey, and gets in golves and socks. Owen Nolan said he has to change his undershirt between each period because it's soaked through. Apparently, while the jerseys don't absorb water, they don't allow it to pass through very well.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 06:09 PM
gravy121

As with the Devils; New Jersey Sucks

gravy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:18 PM
nyrmetros

ok, so my local sports authority in westbury had the new rbk edge nyr replica in stock. I had to try it on to see for myself. I tried the XL on, and I gotta say, it did fit me, and it wasn't tight. Actually the sleeves were quite long on me. With that said, I absolutely see how awkward that jersey must be with full pads on. I don't like the red vneck with the nhl logo by the laces. It looks tacky. I don't like the bottom hem, it is awful. I don't like the compact smallness of the rangers lettering. on the replica version, I see no reason at all why the Rangers lettering couldn't be extended to where it is on the ccm sweaters. On the bright side, the red, white, blue sleeve bands are stitched seperately, not just color dyed. But for $115 with no name and number, I would have expected the rangers letters to be stitched, not glued.....

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote