Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
No timetable on Goepfert.

He's been sent home and he's not expected to be the with Pirates this season. Which is why they signed McKenna.

They were mad at him with how he came into camp. He never said anything about the injury and when he arrived in Portland, it was sprung on them. What makes it worse was it went back to May.

I don't expect to hear too much from this season.
Is Gopefert not expected to play anywhere this year or would they send him to the ECHL?
The injury doesn't seem that serious.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnasaurus View Post
Dingle...

I hope he makes it to the show someday.
Playing on a line with Pecker is his destiny.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Pirates win today in OT. They are actually really good in the extra session. (Unlike a certain team I know ).

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Pwnasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bright Side View Post
LOL.

Diagonal Dump

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2007, 11:44 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Bobby Ryan gets another PP point. 7 of his 8 points are on the PP and our PP stinks. If Bertuzzi doesn't come back soon we've got to call up Bobby. I'm sick of seeing Mark Mowers on there simply because he is a right handed winger. Bobby's a right handed winger Randy, make it happen.

TheJoeMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2007, 11:56 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

What a game tonight. It has to be a record with Portland playing in their fifth-straight OT.

Portland came out with some good energy and did a nice job keeping the Phantoms contained for the most part. They only committed two mistakes, which turned out to be goals.

Grenier was absolutely pummeled by Hoffman, especially when he connected on that one punch. It was lights out for Grenier. Bobby Ryan played well tonight...He seem more interested in playing then in the past.

It was a good game for Hiller. My only concern with Hiller is he seems to have an issue with his five-hole. Both goals were five-hole and the first goal I'm sure he wish he could have back.

According to KD, Dwyer is not in game shape so it might be a couple weeks before he plays. Salcido was a healthy scratch.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 12:00 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Bobby Ryan gets another PP point. 7 of his 8 points are on the PP and our PP stinks. If Bertuzzi doesn't come back soon we've got to call up Bobby. I'm sick of seeing Mark Mowers on there simply because he is a right handed winger. Bobby's a right handed winger Randy, make it happen.
Spoke to Al Coates tonight and they don't expect Ryan to get a call anytime soon unless an injury was to occur. Even then its no guarantee.

Coates said that they were very content with Ryan in Portland and he still needs to work on his defensive game.

Old
11-03-2007, 02:42 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Spoke to Al Coates tonight and they don't expect Ryan to get a call anytime soon unless an injury was to occur. Even then its no guarantee.

Coates said that they were very content with Ryan in Portland and he still needs to work on his defensive game.
Bummer.

Well I hope Mat Schneider can help this power play because Mowers and Robbie and crap aren't.

TheJoeMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 04:25 AM
Johnny Danger

Quote:
Salcido was a healthy scratch.
why?! seems to have some great numbers so far ..

Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:

I'm not very content with Mark Mowers being unable to handle a tape to tape pass..

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2007, 03:39 AM
Mooseduck

Quote:

Thanks WC,

Ryan belongs in Portland. Hopefully they can teach him a good work ethic.
We have seen "good prospects" pissed away in the past because of hyper-enthusiam by knucklehead fans and coaches. Portland will be a good place for Bobby to mature into a NHL player. The current roster is fine. Should certain anticipated moves be made, we will be that much better off. Again, thanks for the updates.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2007, 04:07 AM
Mooseduck

WC:

Can you give an update/background on Gordie Dwyer when possible.
Thanks and is this a short term thing?

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2007, 11:35 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

He has yet to play a game. The team was lacking a little a bit of toughness so that's why he's here.

He needs a week or so to get into game shape, he was still in training camp mode when the Pirates brought him in.

He could be ready to play next week against Providence.

Old
11-04-2007, 02:48 PM
bleuer

Send a message via Yahoo to bleuer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bright Side View Post
Please....Corey "Assist-machine" Pecker? He plays in Switzerland now...2nd league, and he's by far the best scorer...whatever that has to say

http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...tistik_nlb.php

By the way...the guy on place 9 is "our" Terry Yake Still playing...

bleuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 05:38 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

This weeks notebook speaks about the underlying issues of the Pirates offense and the fact they are not getting enough secondary scoring.

Old
11-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Ducksforcup

The Pirates are 7-5-1 and currently sit 3rd in their division. They are doing purdy well this year!

Old
11-12-2007, 02:18 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Don't let their record fool ya. They've only won two games in regulation. In their last two games they've been severely outshot.

Offensively, they've struggled to get any secondary scoring outside of Ebbett, King and Ryan. This weekend they've finally got something from elsewhere. Their five-on-five play has been awful, they're averaging less than two goals per game five-on-five, relying on their PP for the rest and then they are only in the 2.36 GPG range.

Defensively, they've had a hard time maintaining leads and keeping the puck out of their zone. Rome and Salcido have looked "ugh" over that period of time.

Only five players on the Pirates have a +/- better than +1.

Goaltending has been really good and probably the saving grace of the team.

It's not for a lack of effort, but really a lack of execution

Old
11-12-2007, 02:31 AM
Ducksforcup

Quote:
Don't let their record fool ya. They've only won two games in regulation. In their last two games they've been severely outshot.

Offensively, they've struggled to get any secondary scoring outside of Ebbett, King and Ryan. This weekend they've finally got something from elsewhere. Their five-on-five play has been awful, they're averaging less than two goals per game five-on-five, relying on their PP for the rest and then they are only in the 2.36 GPG range.

Defensively, they've had a hard time maintaining leads and keeping the puck out of their zone. Rome and Salcido have looked "ugh" over that period of time.

Only five players on the Pirates have a +/- better than +1.

Goaltending has been really good and probably the saving grace of the team.

It's not for a lack of effort, but really a lack of execution
I suppose, but they are still finding ways to win. Of-course, you would know the situation much better than me. I am glad that the goaltending has looked good. That has been a weakpoint for the Pirates for too long.

Old
11-12-2007, 04:58 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Them being able to find a way to still pull out the win is a positive, but that still scares the hell out of me because if they flip that switch off, it could get ugly fast.

I think if they can solve the secondary scoring problems...They could be really solid team in the division.....Like the Ducks and the Pacific division, other than Providence nobody has really grabbed the division by storm.

Old
11-12-2007, 05:08 PM
AdamBanks8

Wildcat,
Do you think Ebbett has the potential to be an Andy Mcdonald type player? How has B Ryan looked? Does anyone besides them have NHL top six potential? Thanks.

AdamBanks8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Random question. How's Matt Keith doing in Portland? What kind of role is he playing (Offensive? Checker? Grinder?)? Does he has any NHL potential at all? Is he anywhere near NHL ready? I ask because it looks like he's scheduled to become an UFA if he plays less than 36 games in the big show.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 07:09 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks8 View Post
Wildcat,
Do you think Ebbett has the potential to be an Andy Mcdonald type player? How has B Ryan looked? Does anyone besides them have NHL top six potential? Thanks.
Yeah, Ebbett is a mold of Andy Mac, but I think Ebbett actually plays with a bit of an edge. He's not one to take penalties, but he will get in front of the net and take the punishment that comes with playing in the paint. I will be really shocked if he's not recalled at some point this season.

Bobby Ryan is getting better from his first games in Portland. He was actually taken off the top line with Ebbett and King and moved down to a line Brandon Segal and Matt Keith. He's also been converted to a center, which I think has helped him because he has to move his feet, which was one of his issues.

If you're asking is there any other players on the Pirates who could be top-6 players, then I would say probably not. King could be a top-6, but maybe not under the Ducks system.

Old
11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Random question. How's Matt Keith doing in Portland? What kind of role is he playing (Offensive? Checker? Grinder?)? Does he has any NHL potential at all? Is he anywhere near NHL ready? I ask because it looks like he's scheduled to become an UFA if he plays less than 36 games in the big show.
Matt Keith does have NHL potential, but he has to get his scoring game into gear.

I really think he's still searching for his game. He was touted as an offensive player who could put 20-30 goals a season and could be a potential 100 point player at the AHL level, but he's just having a difficult getting his game going. Keith works hard and his work ethic is there on most nights, but he has his moments. Moving Bobby Ryan to his line might help spark him and get him going. I don't think you'll see him in NHL this season so he will be come a UFA at season's end.

Old
11-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Hussar
Donkeytoof

Ryan is playing center?? this is great news. i saw he got the game winner sat night

Hussar is offline   Reply With Quote