HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So Much Depth At Forward...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-21-2007, 10:16 PM
  #1
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,835
vCash: 500
So Much Depth At Forward...

...And still questions on defense lead me to believe that a 2-1 trade for a high ceiling young defenseman could happen earlier rather than later this season. I have no idea who that might be (Of course the usual suspects are guys like Keith Ballard and Brent Seabrook but I am sure there are others) but the quantity and quality is there to make that kind of trade. I bet the Rangers will be watching other teams closely to see who might need to make a move after 10 games.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 10:28 PM
  #2
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Of course the usual suspects are guys like Keith Ballard and Brent Seabrook
usual suspects for fantasizing dreamers. dream on dream-boy, those two aren't going anywhere.

p.s. keep dreaming!

Maybe a rental near the deadline but I don't break the bank for a top d-man. Staal and Sauer have been making solid cases. By mid-season, they'll be ready for full time NHL duty. There are also some attractive d-men on the UFA market next off season for our long term roster needs. And besides, what about our defensive log-jam?

Rosival
Malik
Tyutin
Girardi
Mara
Staal
Sauer
Pock
Hutchinson
Strudwick
...

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 10:33 PM
  #3
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,521
vCash: 500
pock, hutchinson, kaspar, and strudwick arent nhl caliber.....


i was hoping for bowmeister from florida or beauchemain because they have too many d-man if niedermeyer comes back and they need a top 6 winger

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 10:39 PM
  #4
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
usual suspects for fantasizing dreamers. dream on dream-boy, those two aren't going anywhere.
I don't know about either of those two, but given the huge gap at defense next season, (Mara, Rozsival, Malik, Strudwick, and Hutchinson are all UFA after this season, while Girardi and Tyutin are RFA), there's a large incentive for the Rangers to trade for another defenseman on more than a playoff rental basis. With Montoya set to hit RFA next season, and what could end up as a glut of NHL ready forwards with Dawes, Dubinsky, etc. pushing for a spot, the time is ripe for a deal to land a top pairing defensemen of the future. I realize the price of such a player isn't going to be cheap, but a deal centered around Montoya+++ is what I see being offered, depending on the target.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 07:00 AM
  #5
Merlin401
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
...And still questions on defense lead me to believe that a 2-1 trade for a high ceiling young defenseman could happen earlier rather than later this season. I have no idea who that might be (Of course the usual suspects are guys like Keith Ballard and Brent Seabrook but I am sure there are others) but the quantity and quality is there to make that kind of trade. I bet the Rangers will be watching other teams closely to see who might need to make a move after 10 games.
I love the "I'll give you two mediocre players and you only have to give me ONE great one back" mentality. Every team has a log jam of borderline NHL forwards.

Merlin401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 01:36 PM
  #6
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,731
vCash: 500
if they trade for d man it'll most likely be at the trade deadline, lets see what these guys can do, plus you don't want to **** up the chemistry too much.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 01:41 PM
  #7
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
pock, hutchinson, kaspar, and strudwick arent nhl caliber.....


i was hoping for bowmeister from florida or beauchemain because they have too many d-man if niedermeyer comes back and they need a top 6 winger
pock and hutchinson are nhl caliber maybe 6th dman, but they can still play. Bowmeister and meauchemain aint going no where. pronger is old, he's all anaheims got for the future and florida stinks, they need bowmeister.

we are pretty deep at dmen right now. rozival, mara, tytuin, even malik can hold the fort until staal, sangett, sauer, are ready to paly nhl FT.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.