HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Alfredsson: Opinions on his character...

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
here some points i like to make..i'm 100 percent habs fan folks,so im not partial to either club here
1.alfie that was pretty funny...and just think if sundin didn't do it in the first place alfie would never though of doin it..(right) so i blame sundin for it...he influnced alfie(the monkey see money do sernio0..imho alfire did sundin a favor and took the spotlight off matts...

2..all this classless talk and cheap shot artist stuff against alfie?(hit the brakes0..
brian marchament...hmmmm(he must have so me kinda deal when he gets a percentage from a certian knee surgian?..

tie domi elbows scott nydimers head off remember?yup domi got suspended ...but was that classless? yu tell me?

remember jagr when he scored givin the salute? was that classless? was he mockin the other team?

what about pj stock after a fight rollin his hand around?was that classless and disrecpin his opponent?

i dont know i dont see it as a big deal..im alfie(aka jokey smurf) had a little fun at the expense of sundin so what..if mats didnt thro the stick in the first place we woulnt be talkin about this in the first place right...

Old
01-09-2004, 12:43 PM
McFly

The thing that upsets me reading this thread is that most of the replies are changing the subject completely. Just because I have Tucker in my avatar, the thread isn't worth discussing. Just because the Leafs were beat 7-1, I must be a bitter Leaf fan looking for support and simpathy.

I WANT TO KNOW PEOPLE'S HONEST OPINONS ON ALFREDSSON!

I don't care if Marchment, Domi, Tucker etc have done questionable things in the past. This is about Alfie and nobody else. If you think my integrity should be questioned for posting because of the above reasons, then yours should be aswell. I say that because you won't follow the simple task of responding to a simple question, without letting your Leaf bashing, Tucker bashing bias get in the way.

Old
01-09-2004, 12:59 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFly_GoLeafsGo

I WANT TO KNOW PEOPLE'S HONEST OPINONS ON ALFREDSSON!
Ok McFly...here goes...

Alfie is the heart and soul of the Sens. He doesn't put up with anyone's BS...and he's got a sense of humor.

Now...on the ice...he's a skilled winger that isn't the biggest guy in the league, but he plays a physical game and finishes his checks. My only thing I hate about him is that he's very "free" with his stick and likes to slash and hook and poke people with it quite a bit. But then again...so do 99.9% of the players in the league as well.

I realize that you are trying to start a "We hate Alfredsson" thread, but quite frankly...if you want to try to discredit someone for being a classless, and beligerant player in this league...you're barking up the wrong tree with Alfie. I'm not saying this as a Sens fan...but as a hockey fan.

What he did last night was funny. He and Sundin are very good friends...and in my circle of friends...we make fun of each other quite a bit. When we do something stupid...get ready for a ribbing...cuz you'll never hear the end of it. The same thing happend last night...mind you on a much more public scale. If you don't have these types of friends...maybe you need to unplug and interact with people socially a little more often, and stop getting all your girlfriends and friends by "right click...save picture as..."

What I'm trying to say is...get over it...it happend...it was funny...go back to http://www.tmlfans.ca to get more Alfie hating into your system.

Old
01-09-2004, 01:18 PM
OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
here some points i like to make..i'm 100 percent habs fan folks,so im not partial to either club here
1.alfie that was pretty funny...and just think if sundin didn't do it in the first place alfie would never though of doin it..(right) so i blame sundin for it...he influnced alfie(the monkey see money do sernio0..imho alfire did sundin a favor and took the spotlight off matts...

2..all this classless talk and cheap shot artist stuff against alfie?(hit the brakes0..
brian marchament...hmmmm(he must have so me kinda deal when he gets a percentage from a certian knee surgian?..

tie domi elbows scott nydimers head off remember?yup domi got suspended ...but was that classless? yu tell me?

remember jagr when he scored givin the salute? was that classless? was he mockin the other team?

what about pj stock after a fight rollin his hand around?was that classless and disrecpin his opponent?

i dont know i dont see it as a big deal..im alfie(aka jokey smurf) had a little fun at the expense of sundin so what..if mats didnt thro the stick in the first place we woulnt be talkin about this in the first place right...

That was one of the most confusing posts I have ever read. At no time did you make any logical sense nor prove a point.

We are now all more stupid because of it :p

Rollin hand around by PJ Stock CLASSLESS!

Domi Elbow on SNeidermayer DIRTY

Bryan Marchment Knees DIRTY

Darcy Tucker Waving White Towel against Ottawa CLASSLESS

I think you have the word DIRTY PLAY and CLASSLESS PLAY all jumbled in your mind. A dirty play constitutes a suspension. A classless one constitutes an a$$whoopin.

Was what Krusty the Klown did classless...Slightly I guess. Is it that big of a deal...Naaaaaaaa...Bad timing is all I can see being wrong with it. If the score was 3-1 I can see a joke such as Dan's, but in a 7-1 game, when the leafs already look like BAFFOONS, the classy thing to do is to finish the game, get off the ice, and save the jokes for the bus ride. The main element of all unclassy things done, is the timing in which it happens.

Old
01-09-2004, 01:33 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey
Darcy Tucker Waving White Towel against Ottawa CLASSLESS
Especially considering the fact that the late, great, Roger Neilson, who was the first to do it, was just down the ice from him in the Sens bench

Old
01-09-2004, 02:20 PM
monster_bertuzzi

''Tucker waiving the towel against Ottawa CLASSLESS''

Weinrich did the same thing to the Leafs last year, no big deal.

Old
01-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Strangelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFly_GoLeafsGo
Just because the Leafs were beat 7-1, I must be a bitter Leaf fan looking for support and simpathy.
Is simpathy what simps are looking for?

Yes, we all know what your question is and many have answerred it. But the bigger story here is the FACT you are a bitter Leaf fan lashing out against one of the best captains in the NHL.

Grow a sense of humour and grow up.

Now run along....

Old
01-09-2004, 02:56 PM
rye&ginger

No one mocks Sundin and gets away with it!

Wait, Leafs fans allready do.
http://www.gravylegs.com/cartoons/santadomi.html

Old
01-09-2004, 03:01 PM
rye&ginger

Also the fact Sundin and Alfredson are FRIENDS is lost on some of you. Get a grip, friends take jabs at each other all the time.

Old
01-09-2004, 09:09 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-

Closed Thread