HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrew Hutchinson

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2004, 07:34 PM
chuckie

vCash: 500
Andrew Hutchinson

I was wondering what you guys think of hutchinson? I don't see alot of pred games,but his stats are starting to look good. What are his strenghths and weaknesses. Is he known more as a defensive d man or more offensive. Who does his play compare to, and finally what is his potential a top4 dman, top 6? thanks for the input....

Old
01-15-2004, 07:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie
I was wondering what you guys think of hutchinson? I don't see alot of pred games,but his stats are starting to look good. What are his strenghths and weaknesses. Is he known more as a defensive d man or more offensive. Who does his play compare to, and finally what is his potential a top4 dman, top 6? thanks for the input....

Strength- Offense
Weakness- Defense

a clone of fellow Predator Mark Eaton, who has been one of the year's pleasant surprises. Needs to work on his play in his own end, if he's going to be a steady NHL d-man.

Old
01-15-2004, 08:16 PM
predhead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Strength- Offense
Weakness- Defense

a clone of fellow Predator Mark Eaton, who has been one of the year's pleasant surprises. Needs to work on his play in his own end, if he's going to be a steady NHL d-man.

Unfortunately I haven't seen him play much, but nmk has the right book on him. With three offensively-minded defensemen in the lineup already (Timonen, Zids and Eaton), I suspect that his time in Nashville is going to be short-lived unless he really picks up his play in the defensive zone.

Old
01-15-2004, 08:28 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1
Unfortunately I haven't seen him play much, but nmk has the right book on him. With three offensively-minded defensemen in the lineup already (Timonen, Zids and Eaton), I suspect that his time in Nashville is going to be short-lived unless he really picks up his play in the defensive zone.

I wouldn't call Eaton offensive-minded. He was at one point. But more and more I see him as our defensive defenseman. He has done his best at filling Skrastins void. He has the offensive talent, but with Timonen on his line, he's our defensive guy. Like anyone who doesn't play good defense, Hutchinson's time up here will be short until he becomes solid in his own zone.

Old
01-16-2004, 10:13 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I wouldn't call Eaton offensive-minded. He was at one point. But more and more I see him as our defensive defenseman. He has done his best at filling Skrastins void. He has the offensive talent, but with Timonen on his line, he's our defensive guy. Like anyone who doesn't play good defense, Hutchinson's time up here will be short until he becomes solid in his own zone.
I think if you look at Eaton before this season, Hutchinson is a clone. I also think Eaton still has good offensive instinct but holds back to cover defense, of course I'm biased to the American players.

Hutch had a good game last night as far as offense goes but he failed to clear a puck that almost cost us a goal, thankful Phoenix shot it clean over the goal. He'll be ok though, he has good positioning and moves the puck well, a little undersized but solid, a David Poile type defenseman.

Mark Eaton Sees the ice well. Makes sharp passes out of the defensive zone. Is poised and a good skater.

Andy Hutchinson - Has exciting offensive potential and intriguing size. Plays a cerebral game from the back end.

Dan Hamhuis - Moves the puck well out of the defensive zone. Has loads of offensive potential. Is also capable of playing a sound defensive game.

Jason York - Possesses a high skill level, good skating ability and an extremely accurate shot from the point. Reads the ice well and has a very sound work ethic.

Kimmo Timonen - Has the ability to quarterback the power play. Is extremely quick and loves to rush with the puck. Shoots the puck with accuracy. Holds his own in the defensive zone.

Marek Zidlicky - Moves the puck well out of danger. Has a wealth of top-level experience and plenty of experience working the power play.

Ryan Suter, Kevin Klein and now Shea Weber - all have the same scouting reports (some are just a little better than others of course), mobile two-way defensemen that move the puck well, but aren't overly physical (except Weber)

Bottom line is we're set on defense.

Closed Thread