HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Impact Dman Revisted

Old
09-24-2007, 02:06 PM
bogans

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Fedorov played some D last season, and even at 38 he is one of the most dangerous players with the puck.
I'm not certain how you can justify calling a guy who scored 18 goals in 73 games with top line minutes "one of the most dangerous players with the puck."

He's just not anymore, I loved Feds back in the day, but he has slowed a great deal.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 02:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Fedorov played some D last season, and even at 38 he is one of the most dangerous players with the puck.
This post is brought to you by the 1998-2005 New York Rangers.

Is Federov the defensive defenseman this team might need? No. Can he carry the puck? I guess. But isn't that the forwards do on this team?

09-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
call it point guy. There aren't enough quality shots from the point (even when afforded the opportunity when not deferring to Jagr) and they don't do a good enough job keeping the puck in the zone. This PP should be in the top 5.
Straka and Rozsival are fine on the points....The Rangers also have Mara and Tyutin already on the roster...Jagr is the qb of the power play and the Rangers have the point men already on the roster...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 02:54 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Unless the Kings make some noise, I'm preparing for the Rangers making a later season push for Blake. With their current cap space, he's a perfect salary fit at his February price.

*Update: Florida now has Voukon. They do not need Montoya. Please stop the the Montoya to Panthers speculation*
vokouns is so good he was traded by nashville to make room....florida has no ther goalies waiting....it would be a good trade for a good young team, i could see it be a POSSIBILITY...thats all im saying

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Bretzky*

I found our impact defenseman.

The Rangers trade Darius Kasparaitis to the Hartford Wolfpack for Marc Staal.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Fletch

SoS...

they're OK on the points. There can be improvement on the PP point. I'm not saying go out and trade for one, as I'm not currently for any trade, but I do believe that there is room for improvement.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 04:59 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

How about we let Staal play before we go TRADING ASSETS for an ASSET.

I know it was only one preseason game, but damn he looked good Friday. Looked like he improved leaps and bounds from last year at this time, and looked absolutely masterful out there.

I don't know about Saturday's game, as I didn't see it.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 05:05 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
How about we let Staal play before we go TRADING ASSETS for an ASSET.

I know it was only one preseason game, but damn he looked good Friday. Looked like he improved leaps and bounds from last year at this time, and looked absolutely masterful out there.

I don't know about Saturday's game, as I didn't see it.
He didn't play. He's playing tonight again, though.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogans View Post
Vokoun is 33 and injury prone. They have no future star goaltender in their system, to me it seems like they could use Monty?
I think you are kinda wrong here. Vokoun is just 31, and really outside of a pretty freak blood clotting injury, really has only had one major problem and that was a broken thumb. If Mason didn't play as well as he did, he most likely would have played in 60+ games last year, just like he did in the 3 previous years.

Even if they felt they needed to get a better quality backup, I don't think they would even begin to think about moving by far their best d-man and probably the most valuable chip in their organization for one.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
BEAUCHEMAIN-----who could be available if niedermeyer comes back...they would have too much salary space on defence with pronger, niedermeyer, schneider and beuchemain

BOWMEESTER---actually could be available because i rad somewhere he doesnt want to stay in florida aftert this season and he will be a UFA
These are the two guys I would love to grab. Bouwmeester for Montoya is the most logical, however Beaucheman has a very low salary for his talent right now, and cheap defenseman who could log a lot of minutes are unlikely to be traded in this day and age.

If the ducks unload anyone it'll be Schneider or Marchant.

And the Seabrook rumors will never die will they ?

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
vokouns is so good he was traded by nashville to make room....florida has no ther goalies waiting....it would be a good trade for a good young team, i could see it be a POSSIBILITY...thats all im saying

Vokoun has been one of the top five goalies in the NHL over the past few seasons. The ONLY reason Nashville traded him was because the ownership situation there got screwed up and he was one of the higher priced guys on the roster. Florida is set in goal, and least for the time being. I'm not saying that Florida couldn't use a stud goalie prospect (every team could) but they're not moving valuable trade assets while they are set in goal for the near furture.

Florida is currently in negotiations with JayBo right now. They're trying to get him signed to a six or seven year deal (this according to the Florida papers). If negotiations fail, I wouldn't be surprised to see JayBo moved. But, that is a ways off at the current time.

If Florida had to trade Jaybo, they'd probably want Staal in return. They'll need to start rebuilding their defense. They have some strengths up front with Horton and Olli J and goaltending is in good shape.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 09-24-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 09:59 PM
BklyNYR4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post

Is Federov the defensive defenseman this team might need? No. Can he carry the puck? I guess. But isn't that the forwards do on this team?
LOL smartest post EVER. how did this develop from "we need a real stud, shutdown dman" to "lets make a deal for federov"? in all likelyhood, the guys you're seeing on the blueline are the guys who are going to be there. I haven't watched any of the pre-season games, due to work and I'm treating october 4th like its christmas morning. but with almost blowing a lead to the devils, and blowing a 3rd period lead tonight, its more and more looking like there needs to be a serious injection of energy on the blueline, Staal is probably looking more than likely to start the season up here is my guess.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 10:25 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
I found our impact defenseman.

The Rangers trade Darius Kasparaitis to the Hartford Wolfpack for Marc Staal.
Seconded.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 11:00 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
there are 3 defenseman i would want.....

BEAUCHEMAIN-----who could be available if niedermeyer comes back...they would have too much salary space on defence with pronger, niedermeyer, schneider and beuchemain
SEABROOK----wont be traded
BOWMEESTER---actually could be available because i rad somewhere he doesnt want to stay in florida aftert this season and he will be a UFA
I agree with that. I think a lot of players in florida want out when they become UFA's. Don't blame them. If we reeled in Jay B, that'd be amazing.

In response to the original question,
I say NO, as the season goes on maybe, but I say we feel out what we've got, it's not that bad, we don't need an "elite" Dman.

Rozival Malik
Tytuin Girard
Staal Mara

Struds, Pock

In our top 6, the only real weak one in Malik.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 11:03 PM
In The Flesh

[QUOTE=God Is Avery;10519807]These are the two guys I would love to grab. Bouwmeester for Montoya is the most logical, however Beaucheman has a very low salary for his talent right now, and cheap defenseman who could log a lot of minutes are unlikely to be traded in this day and age.

If the ducks unload anyone it'll be Schneider or Marchant.

And the Seabrook rumors will never die will they ?[/

That team needs so much help. What a sad case Chicago is, equally or worse to the rangers "dark years".

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 12:19 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post

I hear what your saying. But I think this team had TWO major needs to address in the off season

2nd line C and a Offensive QB type of puck moving D man. Our D was solid by the end of last year. What we lacked most of all was scoring. As far as the BJ's are concerned. Federov was the best guess I could come up with. There had been talk of them wanting to buy him out.

Last edited by I Am Chariot: 09-25-2007 at 12:27 AM.
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote