HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

All-Time Draft #8, Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-26-2007, 10:32 AM
  #251
pitseleh
Registered User
 
pitseleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,218
vCash: 500
vancityluongo hasn't been online in three days. Hopefully he wanders on here now that his pick is up.

pitseleh is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 10:33 AM
  #252
Rick Middleton
Registered User
 
Rick Middleton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 72,015
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rick Middleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
vancityluongo hasn't been online in three days. Hopefully he wanders on here now that his pick is up.
I pm'd Tricolore#20, the co-GM. He was on last night so he should be on at some point in time today.

__________________
Rick Middleton is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 12:26 PM
  #253
God Bless Canada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bentley reunion
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
seattle selects norm ullman.

imo, 1 of the most underrated players of all time. twice led the playoffs in scoring, great 2-way C, excellent forechecker, great playmaker, once led NHL in goals, was hart runner-up and made 1st all star C ahead of mikita and beliveau, and was still a top 10 scorer even without howe.

imo, ullman is better than delvecchio and is even with abel.
About time someone other than pnep picks Ullman prior to pick No. 200. At this point (118) he's still a steal. Definitely one of the top 100 players of all-time. One of the most under-rated players in the ATD.

Worth noting that even though Ullman never won a Cup (one of the best ever without a ring), he did lead the playoffs in scoring in 1963 and 1966.

I don't know if I agree with your other statements. Delvecchio's a guy you can't really evaluate on just awards, stats or all-star selections. He was an absolutely brilliant player. And I would take Abel ahead of Ullman or Delvecchio, especially from a team-building perspective. Abel's ability to play C or LW, his ability to contribute in so many different ways, and his leadership, make him a guy who should go much higher than he is usually selected.

God Bless Canada is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 01:28 PM
  #254
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,397
vCash: 500
12 Hours Up Yet ??

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 01:50 PM
  #255
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
12 Hours Up Yet ??
5:57PM

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 01:59 PM
  #256
nik jr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 10,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
About time someone other than pnep picks Ullman prior to pick No. 200. At this point (118) he's still a steal. Definitely one of the top 100 players of all-time. One of the most under-rated players in the ATD.

Worth noting that even though Ullman never won a Cup (one of the best ever without a ring), he did lead the playoffs in scoring in 1963 and 1966.

I don't know if I agree with your other statements. Delvecchio's a guy you can't really evaluate on just awards, stats or all-star selections. He was an absolutely brilliant player. And I would take Abel ahead of Ullman or Delvecchio, especially from a team-building perspective. Abel's ability to play C or LW, his ability to contribute in so many different ways, and his leadership, make him a guy who should go much higher than he is usually selected.
it's actually 139.

i agree about abel's leadership and versatility. 1 reason i have them even is that ullman's peak was very good, and abel was a bit slow.

delvecchio was a great player; very cerebral and steady, superb vision and playmaking, plus a longtime captain. i think because delvecchio was such a great playmaker, he depended on it more and wasn't able to do as much individually as ullman. howe was such a great playmaker himself that i think the line is more dangerous with a better goalscorer. delvecchio was certainly able to score goals, but ullman was better at it. (though it apparently passing instead of shooting was a weakness earlier in his career.)
maybe i'm too impressed by ullman's peak. in the 4 playoffs from 63 to 66, ullman scored more in the playoffs than anyone else, including howe, and had only 1 goal less than howe.

i was hoping to draft abel or delvecchio to play LW, but they were both gone.

i hope pappyline will tell us his views about these players.

nik jr is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 02:09 PM
  #257
God Bless Canada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bentley reunion
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
5:57PM
Less than four hours to go. And just so that everyone knows, with picks at the end/start of a round, like VCL/Tricolere, we'll be waiting 12 hours for both picks, not 12 hours for each. So we won't have to wait another 12 hours for them on their second pick.

God Bless Canada is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 04:04 PM
  #258
pappyline
Registered User
 
pappyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mass/formerly Ont
Country: United States
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
it's actually 139.

i agree about abel's leadership and versatility. 1 reason i have them even is that ullman's peak was very good, and abel was a bit slow.

delvecchio was a great player; very cerebral and steady, superb vision and playmaking, plus a longtime captain. i think because delvecchio was such a great playmaker, he depended on it more and wasn't able to do as much individually as ullman. howe was such a great playmaker himself that i think the line is more dangerous with a better goalscorer. delvecchio was certainly able to score goals, but ullman was better at it. (though it apparently passing instead of shooting was a weakness earlier in his career.)
maybe i'm too impressed by ullman's peak. in the 4 playoffs from 63 to 66, ullman scored more in the playoffs than anyone else, including howe, and had only 1 goal less than howe.

i was hoping to draft abel or delvecchio to play LW, but they were both gone.

i hope pappyline will tell us his views about these players.
You know, i think think these 3 players are very close but I would rate them Able>delvecchio>ullman. Able was before my time but I did see a lot of delvecchio & Ullman. Able only played about 12 years wheras Delvcchio & Ullman played over 20. However, In Abel's shorter career He won a Hart, had 4 AS selections, and led the league in goals one season. His leadership also impresses me. In 52-53, he became playing coach of the hawks & led them to their first playoff birth in 7 years. They also gave the Habs a scare in the semi's by going up 3-2 before eventually bowing in 7 games.

Delvecchio & Ullman never won a major award, never led the league in any category, and each had 2 AS selections. Both were great players but I give the edge to Delvecchio. He was just the better player to watch. Smooth skater, great passer, and had a great shot. He could have scored a ton if he shot more. I remember him as having one of the better slapshots in the days when not that many players could slap it that well.

pappyline is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 04:17 PM
  #259
nik jr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 10,798
vCash: 500
if not for 2 of your blackhawks, ullman would have won both the hart and art ross in 65. he was runner-up to hull for hart and to mikita for art ross. ullman did lead the league in goals that year though.

i didn't realize delvecchio had a great slapshot. i try to read about old timers, especially detroit players like delvecchio, but there's no substitute for eyewitnesses.
thanks for your insight.

just realized, ullman and red kelly are the only 2 teammates of howe to get more hart votes during/after howe's prime.


Last edited by nik jr: 09-26-2007 at 05:05 PM.
nik jr is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 04:40 PM
  #260
seventieslord
Registered User
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,237
vCash: 500
*insert image of Sonic the Hedgehog looking at the screen and tapping his foot impatiently*

seventieslord is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 04:50 PM
  #261
God Bless Canada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bentley reunion
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
*insert image of Sonic the Hedgehog looking at the screen and tapping his foot impatiently*
Nice reference. Sonic will only be waiting for another 70 minutes, at the most.

Is now the time to motion for a nine-hour limit, to commence at the start of Round 7? If so, I make that motion. (The same time that the nine-hour limit kicked in the last draft, and worked so well).

God Bless Canada is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 04:51 PM
  #262
VanIslander
Don't waste my time
 
VanIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 24,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
Is now the time to motion for a nine-hour limit, to commence at the start of Round 7? If so, I make that motion.
seconded

VanIslander is online now  
Old
09-26-2007, 04:57 PM
  #263
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
seconded
Thirded.

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 05:21 PM
  #264
Nalyd Psycho
Registered User
 
Nalyd Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: No Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
Nice reference. Sonic will only be waiting for another 70 minutes, at the most.

Is now the time to motion for a nine-hour limit, to commence at the start of Round 7? If so, I make that motion. (The same time that the nine-hour limit kicked in the last draft, and worked so well).
Fourthed

__________________
Every post comes with the Nalyd Psycho Seal of Approval.
Nalyd Psycho is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 05:22 PM
  #265
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hôlle
Posts: 30,962
vCash: 500
Fifthed

MXD is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 05:26 PM
  #266
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,417
vCash: 500
30 minutes left ...

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 05:27 PM
  #267
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Fifthed
I'm down.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 05:37 PM
  #268
shawnmullin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Swift Current
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,172
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to shawnmullin Send a message via MSN to shawnmullin
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
Nice reference. Sonic will only be waiting for another 70 minutes, at the most.

Is now the time to motion for a nine-hour limit, to commence at the start of Round 7? If so, I make that motion. (The same time that the nine-hour limit kicked in the last draft, and worked so well).
I support your crackpot ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter

shawnmullin is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 05:42 PM
  #269
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmullin View Post
I support your crackpot ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter
An ATD Newsletter, that would be great!

... 15 minutes.

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 05:47 PM
  #270
VanIslander
Don't waste my time
 
VanIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 24,172
vCash: 500
did Bluebleeder leave a list with anybody?

VanIslander is online now  
Old
09-26-2007, 05:48 PM
  #271
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
did Bluebleeder leave a list with anybody?
Damn he better, or I'll explode! I mean how though it is to send a list with a couple of players on it every 2-3 days? If you don't have time for that, you shouldn't of get a team in the ATD.

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 05:51 PM
  #272
vancityluongo
Twin Benning
 
vancityluongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,209
vCash: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
5:57PM
Wow, 6 Minutes???!!??

Sorry guys, I was away for 3 days, camping from school....

I haven't talked to Tricolore at all, so could you give us 30 minutes-ish?

Really sorry we're holding up the draft...


Last edited by vancityluongo: 09-26-2007 at 06:00 PM.
vancityluongo is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 05:53 PM
  #273
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Sorry guys, I was away for 3 days, camping from school....

I haven't talked to Tricolore at all, so could you give us 30 minutes-ish?

Really sorry we're holding up the draft...
Well we don't have ot hold the draft, just pick whenever you're ready.

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 05:58 PM
  #274
vancityluongo
Twin Benning
 
vancityluongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,209
vCash: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
Well we don't have ot hold the draft, just pick whenever you're ready.
Thing is, I haven't talked to Tricolore at all. I have two guys in mind, but I feel I should probably consult my co-GM. However, I have included that I will probably go ahead and pick within the next half an hour if he isn't online.

I'll wait and see, but Winnipeg will have 2 more players by 3:30 PST.

vancityluongo is offline  
Old
09-26-2007, 05:59 PM
  #275
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Thing is, I haven't talked to Tricolore at all. I have two guys in mind, but I feel I should probably consult my co-GM. However, I have included that I will probably go ahead and pick within the next half an hour if he isn't online.

I'll wait and see, but Winnipeg will have 2 more players by 3:30 PST.
No problem, pick whenever you're ready, but since yourtime is up NikJr can pick and so on. That's how it work.

EagleBelfour is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.