HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fedorov would look good in a Kings jersey right about...

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Frolov

vCash: 500
Fedorov would look good in a Kings jersey right about...

NOW

We passed up on this guy just cause we didnt wanna dish out a couple more years on his contract.

Mistake IMO.

Old
01-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Mindcircus

At least we have Frolov...

Old
01-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Frolov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus
At least we have Frolov...
Ya he's the only reason I have of watching hockey right now.

Old
01-09-2004, 05:08 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

fedorov is on par with robitaille and is doing only a little better then frolov in points. not much he contributed to anaheim, why would he be different here

Old
01-09-2004, 08:02 PM
HBLee82

Send a message via AIM to HBLee82
Fedorov would look good in a Kings uniform, hey its black his favorite color. The Kings could've gotten Comrie, Nieuwendyk.

Old
01-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Randall Graves*

I already saw the Fedorov/Robitaille comparison on LGK...i was not impressed with the thread at all.

Fedorovs a 100 x better defensive player,but i'd trade Fedorov if the right deal came along.

Fedorov and Havelid for Gleason and Brown!

Old
01-09-2004, 09:47 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

ya no doubt feds is better. but the point is not to compare player as much as point totals. feds is needed for his point production and he's not getting it done so far.

Old
01-10-2004, 06:17 AM
punchy1

I can't believe you actually mean that. Fedorov is given over 20 mins a game and ALL of the ducks PP time and he is scoring at the blazing clip of Luc (not knocking Luc, he is doing awsome with what he is given) but has a +/- of -9 to Luc and his +6.

Fedorov hasn't come CLOSE to proving he were worth the dosh yet nor has he done anything to prove his self a number one type of center. His defence and scoring aren't any better than allot of second line centers around the league and his defencive game isn't close to what won him the selke.

Over and done with. Would I like to have him as our second line center instead of Stumpel?Yes. Would I pay him the dosh and have given him the years with the coming CBA and more than likely salary cap thus tying up a significant portion of my available salary in an average second line center? Not close mate.

Old
01-10-2004, 06:19 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I've always like Fedorov, but I think DT was dead on with his assessment of him looking for a "retirement contract"

Old
01-10-2004, 06:21 AM
punchy1

Oh, and I have been on this since the start of the season with Fedorov and no, he ISN'T a much better defencive player "anymore". Show me the money mate, he has a horrible plus minus and isn't scoring anything special. For the money and the time, Feds isn't close to worth it.

Of course, if I were a duck fan, other than hate myself () I would want to sell everyone I could on the fact that Fedorov is still the player he once was as I would know I were going to be stuck with him for the next several years.

Oh, and does anyone else find it funny that Ducks fans are starting to plague our boards again now that we are in a tough spot? Where were they while we were winning? Of course, doing the usual and lurking about, waiting, until the first mishap so that they could jump in.

Old
01-10-2004, 06:26 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Oh, and I have been on this since the start of the season with Fedorov and no, he ISN'T a much better defencive player "anymore".
Fedorov did a great job of shutting down the Palffy line the other night. He can't really help it if the rest of his team's D is totally out of position.

Old
01-10-2004, 06:31 AM
punchy1

True, but the plus minus shows the entire season and his has been horrible the entire time. Frolov is an excellent example. He plays allot of time on the worst PK in the league (or close to it) yet, his defence is so good that he is always, so far, among the top 15 in the league in that area.

The reason I point it out isn't to say that Feds is horrid on D though, it is to answer the duck fans that come here and try to tell us that Fedorov is anything more than a second line center who CAN play some defence for you. He *isn't* the same player who scored more than 100 points 9 years ago nor is he the same player who won the selke or were a finalist. He has lost a step and now that he isn't surrounded by hall of fame talent, his play is being exposed. You also can't point to one good game as his being a solid defencive player when the rest of his stats show differently. At least, I don't think so.

Fedorov is a good second line center with great speed and hands and, when he wants to, can play some good defence. He *isn't* the player he used to be who could straight out dominate another team. That player stayed in Detroit and left about three years ago for my pound.

Old
01-10-2004, 07:18 AM
swinginutter*

Fedorov was moaning for first team status, and to be the "go to guy", and he hasn't proven ****e. He has no heart, never has, never will! He gets by on pure talent, but if he had half the heart of Ziggy he'd probably destroy this league. He wanted to come to Cali at all costs, even if it included wearing that queer jersey down in Anaheim. His contract doesn't work here, and either does his attitude. Who in their right mind would leave a hockey powerhouse like Detroit to come to Anaheim.........it's a joke. And, last time I checked this is a team sport!

No, thanks............again!

Old
01-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Bob A Booey

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Fedorov was moaning for first team status, and to be the "go to guy", and he hasn't proven ****e. He has no heart, never has, never will! He gets by on pure talent, but if he had half the heart of Ziggy he'd probably destroy this league. He wanted to come to Cali at all costs, even if it included wearing that queer jersey down in Anaheim. His contract doesn't work here, and either does his attitude. Who in their right mind would leave a hockey powerhouse like Detroit to come to Anaheim.........it's a joke. And, last time I checked this is a team sport!

No, thanks............again!

Agreed...well said. Feds has had his moment years ago. He is not the Kings answer!

Old
01-10-2004, 11:48 AM
VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to VEGASKING
punchy is dead on. If he was paired with Ziggy he'd average a point per game or more but as hes showing in Aneheim he is not a guy that will carry a team by himself. Maybe 5 years ago.

Old
01-11-2004, 11:13 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
True, but the plus minus shows the entire season and his has been horrible the entire time. Frolov is an excellent example. He plays allot of time on the worst PK in the league (or close to it) yet, his defence is so good that he is always, so far, among the top 15 in the league in that area.

The reason I point it out isn't to say that Feds is horrid on D though, it is to answer the duck fans that come here and try to tell us that Fedorov is anything more than a second line center who CAN play some defence for you. He *isn't* the same player who scored more than 100 points 9 years ago nor is he the same player who won the selke or were a finalist. He has lost a step and now that he isn't surrounded by hall of fame talent, his play is being exposed. You also can't point to one good game as his being a solid defencive player when the rest of his stats show differently. At least, I don't think so.

Fedorov is a good second line center with great speed and hands and, when he wants to, can play some good defence. He *isn't* the player he used to be who could straight out dominate another team. That player stayed in Detroit and left about three years ago for my pound.

i think ur underestimating feds a little bit. from the few games i've watched, he can really dominate the power play and be the sole reason why the ducks get any points at all. often times u'll see that things happen just because he touched the puck. he has this uncanny ability to set up everyone on the ice to create a great scoring chance. but for some reason, he just doens't have the same chemistry with this ducks team as with detroit and he also has that famous disappearing act he is known for.

is he worth the salary? i now htink no. but it still would be great to have him. but if anything, i think he would definately meld better w/ us then the ducks' defensive system

Old
01-11-2004, 03:29 PM
punchy1

Probably true and good points. I tend to be biased against him since so many ducks fans soured me to him and thier team by the way they acted and continue to act towards Kings fans. Oh, and visa versa.

The other thing is that people lost track of the fact that he hadnt done anything god like in over 9 years and used what he had done in the past and the fact that he were on a team full of HOFers as reasons why he didn't score where I felt that it were the reason he did.

So, you are probably right that I am underestimating his skills a bit. He is one special player but, since he is being given over 20 mins a game and only has two more points than Luc and Frolov so far, I will feel that it were a good thing we didn't give him what he were asking for and that the Ducks waaaaaaay over paid for him.

Now, if we could have got him for a bit less and a couple years shorter of a deal then, he would be so much better than having Stumpel that I wouldn't be able to find words to say how good it is. That is saying something mate. Of course, for us, he would have been our second line center, until one of them others got injured or retired or got mad and stayed away or whatever else you have got.

Closed Thread