HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Frolov pp time What a Joke!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-20-2003, 07:57 PM
  #1
chuckie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
Frolov pp time ******'N Joke

I cannot believe A murray, he has to get his head out of his ass.LA gets 7 mins of pp time, Frolov doesn't get 1 second on the power play.Since when does the second leading point getter on your team get no pp time, that is absolutely ridiculous.No offence to klatt or camalleri , but how do they get pp time over frolov cmon!!! Did you see frolov's 1st shift after the pp, all that line did was dominate and create pressure then frolov draws a penalty and sends morris to the box. How is he rewarded, take a seat son.What a ********* joke. thanks for letting me vent!!!

By the way this frolov is gonna be a good one, he is so strong , just watchin him carry defenceman on his shoulders when he goes behind the net wow! Watch out in a year or two.

By the way can anyone else figure why murray wouldn't play him on the power play?Wouldn't that at least be a reward? Does frolov have some incentive bonus he doesn't want frolov to reach for the pay out who the hell knows!

chuckie is offline  
Old
12-21-2003, 12:09 AM
  #2
The VEGASKING
#1 fan
 
The VEGASKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,864
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
I think I'm the only person on this board not a Stumpel hater but Frolov should take his spot in front of the net with Ziggy and Straka. Stumpels game is moving the puck, not finishing.

The VEGASKING is offline  
Old
12-21-2003, 12:46 AM
  #3
King of Calgary
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I canít figure out why Frolov isnít getting more PP time either. Frolov has been clearly one of the best forwards so far this year. In my opinion he deserves more time on the PP and I agree heís more deserving of it than Robitaille/others. I also think Frolov should be getting more playing time in even strength situations. Maybe if AM played him more than 1:20 on the PP, the end result would have been different tonight. I have no ideas why Frolov isn't getting PP/ES time, anyone have any theories?

I donít agree with everything AM does (obviously), but I have enough sense to know heís not an idiot. Heís the best coach in Kings history and you say guy is an idiot? **** that ****!

I donít hate Stumpel either. I think heís getting a bad wrap again, kind of like Modry. He was never was a good finisher. 13-15 goals are all Iíd expect out of him, heís off that pace this year, but most players are streaky. Stumpel was never a physical player either and I would only consider him an adequate #1 center. However, heís still a good playmaker and he is still a good 2nd line center, but once again heís ended up being the Kings top center because of injuries. I laugh at people that look at his size and think he should be playing differently. Itís not his style and never has been, so just accept it. There are ton of forwards in the game that are as "soft" as Stumpel.

 
Old
12-21-2003, 05:16 AM
  #4
punchy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kiwiville.
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Frolov got 1:13 (i can't remember if it were 13 or 37 but I am positive it were 1 min) of PP time while Klatt got 3+ Stumpel got 8+ etc. Since he has been with the team Frolov has done nothing but prove himself worthy of PP ice time as well as being a go to guy on tight situations but Andy refuses to use him in either situation. Sure he sees PK time but that seems to be because it is the only situation where the choices are truly limited on our team. Even with our horrid PK Frolov is +12. I don't know what it is with AM and Frolov but for some reason coach doesn't like to use him unless he has to.

punchy1 is offline  
Old
12-21-2003, 05:43 PM
  #5
Fro the Love
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fro the Love
I have to agree that Fro needs some power play time especially with the effort he has been giving every game. I think other teams are now looking at Fro as one of our best offensive weapons and the fact that he is defensively sound makes him all the more valuable. He has played much better so far than I would have guessed.

To honor Fro at the office I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some nice Frolov wallpaper?

Fro the Love is offline  
Old
12-21-2003, 08:50 PM
  #6
Mindcircus
Registered User
 
Mindcircus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
Why would anyone want to break up the Fro, Klatt, and Belanger line?! More power play time for Frolov, yes. Make a superstar first line and have a significant drop off on 2, 3, and 4, no.

Mindcircus is offline  
Old
12-21-2003, 09:34 PM
  #7
Fro the Love
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fro the Love
I don't think breaking up the 24-25-26 line is the way to go, BUT on the PP Frolov would probably be a lot more effective than Stumpel. Fro's game compliments Straka's and Zig's so well that I say it's worth a shot. Can't be any worse than it already has been.

Fro the Love is offline  
Old
12-22-2003, 01:11 AM
  #8
Malakian#13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: capo beach california
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
I wonder if Belanger could play the point on the PP .... I know straka could.

Robitaille
Stumpel
Palffy
Straka
Modry

Frolov
Cammalleri
Klatt
Corvo
Belanger

if we are winning maybe play Norstrom instead of Modry or Belanger. 24-25-26-27 on the 2nd unit and proven scorers on the 1st unit.

Malakian#13 is offline  
Old
12-22-2003, 05:59 AM
  #9
sveiglar
Registered User
 
sveiglar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heuer007
stumpel is terrible he should be on the 4th line. Frolov, Ziggy and Marty are the superstars on this team, fro should be on the first unit, but who will take faceoffs? I think the best move would be put Eric Belanger on with ziggy and marty and second unit be Fro, Luc and Cam/stumple/klatterbox
Superstar is definitely a stretch at this point in his career, but he is definitely** playing like someone who should be on the PP.

** Vested interest as one who has drafted him in two different keeper leagues.

sveiglar is offline  
Old
12-22-2003, 08:48 AM
  #10
Kings Fanatic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Maybe Murray is just continuing to bring him along slowly? We always complain about the Kings inability to develop young talent. I think that is exactly what we are seeing out there now. Its obvious to all of us that Frolov is turning into something special. He has the tools to be an excellent two way, physical scorer. There is no need to rush and pressure now, let AM take it slowly with him and I'm sure we'll all be pleased with the results. Bottom line, AM has done a great job this season in terms of using the young guys. If he doesn't want to use Fro on the PP right now its gotta be part of his plan for developing the kid.

Kings Fanatic is offline  
Old
12-22-2003, 09:41 AM
  #11
punchy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kiwiville.
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
If that is so then why is Cammy recieving more ice time on the PP than Frolov? It is a sound point but then there is the fact that other young players see more time than Frolov does and it messes about with that statement.

punchy1 is offline  
Old
12-22-2003, 10:46 AM
  #12
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
I donít agree with everything AM does (obviously), but I have enough sense to know heís not an idiot. Heís the best coach in Kings history and you say guy is an idiot? **** that ****!

I think maybe you misunderstood the whole premise of this thread....We are not saying Murray is an idiot at everything he does, he is the greatest coach the Kings have ever had, but if you think that Andy Murray is not an idiot for not giving Frolov time on the PP, then please explain to me his reasoning???
I dont understand why he would hold back a player who is having a break out year and if you do then I guess your smarter then the rest of us....but I sure would like to hear your answer!

kingbrath is offline  
Old
12-22-2003, 01:23 PM
  #13
King of Calgary
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
I think maybe you misunderstood the whole premise of this thread....We are not saying Murray is an idiot at everything he does, he is the greatest coach the Kings have ever had, but if you think that Andy Murray is not an idiot for not giving Frolov time on the PP, then please explain to me his reasoning???
I dont understand why he would hold back a player who is having a break out year and if you do then I guess your smarter then the rest of us....but I sure would like to hear your answer!
Umm, I stated I didnít know the reason(s) and I agreed with the above posters for the most part. Someone in LA should ask AM and then we would have an answer. However, I was thinking that maybe AM is trying to balance the ice time and try to keep everyone happy and involved. Heís team oriented and I remember Klatt saying in an interview how everyone feels involved, meaning happy with ice time. Still the PP/PK blows and something has to change. There are no guarantees that the PP will improve with Frolov getting more ice time is there? Maybe the system sucks; maybe they arenít getting some bounces. The PP was on a tear earlier in the season wasnít it?

I donít think AM is trying to hold back Frolov, why would he do that? Maybe DT is worried heíll have to pay him more, so he told AM to cut his PP time. Maybe the real idiot is DT.

Maybe I did misunderstand the premise of this thread. Using your logic though, everyone in the world is an idiot. I never met anyone that was good at everything that they do. Have you?

 
Old
12-23-2003, 03:32 PM
  #14
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Calgary
Umm, I stated I didnít know the reason(s) and I agreed with the above posters for the most part. Someone in LA should ask AM and then we would have an answer. However, I was thinking that maybe AM is trying to balance the ice time and try to keep everyone happy and involved. Heís team oriented and I remember Klatt saying in an interview how everyone feels involved, meaning happy with ice time. Still the PP/PK blows and something has to change. There are no guarantees that the PP will improve with Frolov getting more ice time is there? Maybe the system sucks; maybe they arenít getting some bounces. The PP was on a tear earlier in the season wasnít it?

I donít think AM is trying to hold back Frolov, why would he do that? Maybe DT is worried heíll have to pay him more, so he told AM to cut his PP time. Maybe the real idiot is DT.

Maybe I did misunderstand the premise of this thread. Using your logic though, everyone in the world is an idiot. I never met anyone that was good at everything that they do. Have you?



Yes I think that everyone is an idiot at one point in there lives, but that does not make them stupid at everything they do....anyways, this argument has gone off topic so ill just stop there

kingbrath is offline  
Old
12-27-2003, 08:34 AM
  #15
Peter25
Registered User
 
Peter25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,180
vCash: 500
Andy Murray just doesnīt like Russians. He plays Frolov because Frolov is too good not to play on this team, but Murray also doesnīt like to give Frolov a chance to really break out. I canīt think of any other reasons than some personal reasons, which may have something to do with Frolovīs nationality.

Peter25 is offline  
Old
12-27-2003, 09:40 AM
  #16
punchy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kiwiville.
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
In december, his ice time is up to an average of just over 17mins a game. (espn stat) His pp time is still the lowest of the "top six" forwards on the team. He is averaging less than 1:33 PP time per game this year. Klatt, who serves a different function, has almost a minute more PP time on average than him and Stumpel, who also serves a different function, has an average of more than 6 1/2 mins more of PP time than Frolov does. I don't know why but I do know that the problem exists.

punchy1 is offline  
Old
12-28-2003, 07:47 AM
  #17
punchy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kiwiville.
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Just to add. Frolov saw 0:01 of PP time last night against the Sharks. Klatt saw 2:50 and Luc,Ziggy Straka and Stumpel saw the rest.

Frolov was used on the PK allot but then, it is allot harder to score down a man. I am starting to wonder if there is anything this kid can do to impress on his coach that he has the skills to be a legitimate scoring threat in the NHL.

punchy1 is offline  
Old
12-31-2003, 10:11 AM
  #18
punchy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kiwiville.
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Frolov saw 1:30 seconds of PP time last night to Stumpel, Luc, Palffy recieving over 7mins. Klatt saw the better part of three minutes as well.

punchy1 is offline  
Old
01-05-2004, 08:24 PM
  #19
punchy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kiwiville.
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
I want to keep this one up the page until after the ducks game. Sorry to press with nothing to say but I am prone to that. Ta da,

Cheers, Punchy.

punchy1 is offline  
Old
01-05-2004, 09:10 PM
  #20
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
I want to keep this one up the page until after the ducks game. Sorry to press with nothing to say but I am prone to that. Ta da,

Cheers, Punchy.
Think that Andy is going to read it?

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 07:00 AM
  #21
punchy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kiwiville.
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Thats it mate

No, I just want to be able to have a spot to come and whine after the ducks game where he don't get any time.

Cheers.

punchy1 is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
  #22
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Frolov on the PP...

...he shoots and scores

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 06:07 PM
  #23
chuckie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
wow

did i hear that right? Frolov powerplay goal wwwooowww!!!

chuckie is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 06:17 PM
  #24
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie
did i hear that right? Frolov powerplay goal wwwooowww!!!
Unfortunately, it was with the PP winding down and scored on a rush...but baby steps for Andy.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 06:24 PM
  #25
punchy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kiwiville.
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
True, buit so far Frolov has seen the least of all "top six" forwards this game.

punchy1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.