HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Really OT: What happened after the game?

Old
09-25-2007, 11:02 AM
jagrgodr

vCash: 500
Really OT: What happened after the game?

Sam is quoted as saying in the second to last paragraph in his latest blog..

Quote:
"Meanwhile, a strange scene in the hallway after the game, with the Islanders all venturing over to the Rangers side, for no other reason than they were ignoring the curtain separating the two teams. At one point Comrie walked by with girlfriend Hillary Duff, who is roughly 3 feet tall."
Anyone know anymore about this? I wonder if they interacted at all, and if any words were exchanged?

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2007/0...tart/#comments

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Yeah I heard it all it went like this:

Comrie: "You want some of this Rangers!? Flip you guys!"

Various Rangers: "Flip you man, flip you!"

Hilary Duff: "Like yah, you are what-ever and the Icelanders are like hella cool!"

I'm pretty sure thats what they said

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah I heard it all it went like this:

Comrie: "You want some of this Rangers!? Flip you guys!"

Various Rangers: "Flip you man, flip you!"

Hilary Duff: "Like yah, you are what-ever and the Icelanders are like hella cool!"

I'm pretty sure thats what they said
I was there, and I can confirm that this is what happened.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Levitate

The Islanders are trying to send the message that they are a tough team. Since they aren't contenders, that's really all they have.

"Look at how tough and unruly we are! Messages! We're sending messages! Rawr!"

Pretty much that.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:23 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
The Islanders are trying to send the message that they are a tough team. Since they aren't contenders, that's really all they have.

Pretty much that.
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. It's going to suck playing the Islanders all year, they won't be able to out-play us, so they'll just be taking cheap shots each game.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:24 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

Pretty much that.
Thats how i see it as well.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:29 AM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Someone in those comments had a cool nickame for Orr:

"Colton the Barbarian"

I don't know if that guy came up with it, but I like it!

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:32 AM
danroy33

You can't compare Hollweg and Simon. Hollweg brings energy and presence despite his oft-questionable hits. Simon has just become a goon and is looking for nothing more than to fight. Example: last night. Hollweg throws a few hits, Simon guns for him. Hollweg scores. Simon is ejected.

danroy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:33 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

All I know about last night was good old fashioned hockey that I sorely miss watching. Did it get out of hand? Possibly. But, I think the rivalry may be back where it used to be IMO. There is no question who the more talented team is, but the Isles will be a ***** to play against this year and i think you guys are right about them going out last night and proving a point. I was very surprised that Simon was actually dressed this game. Then I thought maybe they wanted to get this stuff out of the way before the regualr season started.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:34 AM
SPG

Comrie must have needed Hillary's protection when he was leaving the rink.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:35 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
They may be about the same size

Old
09-25-2007, 11:36 AM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
All I know about last night was good old fashioned hockey that I sorely miss watching. Did it get out of hand? Possibly. But, I think the rivalry may be back where it used to be IMO. There is no question who the more talented team is, but the Isles will be a ***** to play against this year and i think you guys are right about them going out last night and proving a point. I was very surprised that Simon was actually dressed this game. Then I thought maybe they wanted to get this stuff out of the way before the regualr season started.
It's a bit strange to me, still, though, considering he won't be able to play come the beginning of the season, I'd have thought that the Isles would want to use that roster spot for someone who needs to get warmed up.

Were you at the game? Any players on either side impress for reasons other than fisticuffs?

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:36 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
I agree to an extent. It's nice to see a good old fashioned throw down every once in a while, but I do think it got out of hand and interrupted the flow of the game a bit. Fighting is part of the sport, but not the entirety of the sport. I'd prefer this stuff not to happen in the preseason, as I'd be damn pissed if we lost a guy to injury (through fighting or otherwise overly rough play) during a meaningless game.

Old
09-25-2007, 11:37 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
It's a bit strange to me, still, though, considering he won't be able to play come the beginning of the season, I'd have thought that the Isles would want to use that roster spot for someone who needs to get warmed up.

Were you at the game? Any players on either side impress for reasons other than fisticuffs?
I was at the game and I thought Staal looked good and so did Pock. For the Isles I thought that Vasicek had a good game and the comrie line played well. Staal is going to be a stud.

Old
09-25-2007, 11:37 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by danroy33 View Post
You can't compare Hollweg and Simon. Hollweg brings energy and presence despite his oft-questionable hits. Simon has just become a goon and is looking for nothing more than to fight. Example: last night. Hollweg throws a few hits, Simon guns for him. Hollweg scores. Simon is ejected.
You do realize that Simon had 10 goals and 27 points in 67 games last year right? I hate Chris Simon as much as the next Ranger fan, but he has a little scoring ability as opposed to Hollweg. Hollweg is a great energy player and a little more offense may develop at some point, but he has 8 points in his career (120+ games).

Old
09-25-2007, 11:40 AM
macleod50

vCash: 250
Quote:
Well they are the same height

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Fletch

nyr...

as we all know, not every game will be like that. Once in a while a game will get out of hand and that's fine. It's good to see passion in a game and guys sticking up for eachother (especially if that guy's reluctant, like Montoya, who just wants to prove himself as a goaltender). You don't want to see some of the cheap shots (no need to go into who gives out more cheapshots, Hollweg has had more than his share of majors from behind and has been suspended once or twice, I believe), but a little melee once in a while never hurt a sport.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:43 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
You do realize that Simon had 10 goals and 27 points in 67 games last year right? I hate Chris Simon as much as the next Ranger fan, but he has a little scoring ability as opposed to Hollweg. Hollweg is a great energy player and a little more offense may develop at some point, but he has 8 points in his career (120+ games).
I was in DC when Simon scored 29 goals for the Caps. I can also remember him playing on our top line part of one season . Simon is a goon and he is dirty at times, but he still has a decent pair of hands and above average hockey sense for a role player..

Old
09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
as we all know, not every game will be like that. Once in a while a game will get out of hand and that's fine. It's good to see passion in a game and guys sticking up for eachother (especially if that guy's reluctant, like Montoya, who just wants to prove himself as a goaltender). You don't want to see some of the cheap shots (no need to go into who gives out more cheapshots, Hollweg has had more than his share of majors from behind and has been suspended once or twice, I believe), but a little melee once in a while never hurt a sport.
I totally agree that a melee doesn't do anything to hurt the sport. I just don't want to see guys getting boarded and sucker punched in the preseason (or ever, but particularly preseason), and I definitely don't want to see Montoya "fight" like he did. I would have loved this in the regular season, I'm just a bit of a worry-wort when it comes to my players engaging in fisticuffs in the preseason.

Old
09-25-2007, 11:59 AM
SPG

I hear it was something like this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hilaryduff_leashless_pomeranian.jpg‎ (43.8 KB, 68 views)

Old
09-25-2007, 12:02 PM
In The Flesh

Comrie and Hilary DUff?? C'mon, how old is here 30 something, I mean good for him but c'mon.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 12:04 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Simon also gets a lot for minutes than Hollywood does.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 12:04 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Come on guys. Keep it on topic or this will be closed.

09-25-2007, 12:08 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. It's going to suck playing the Islanders all year, they won't be able to out-play us, so they'll just be taking cheap shots each game.

Looks that way. Cant say Im surprised.

09-25-2007, 12:09 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Simon also gets a lot for minutes than Hollywood does.

You're right, he does, but my main point was that Simon (although dirty and gutless at times) can score... in response to the quote, "You can't compare Hollweg and Simon .... Simon has just become a goon and is looking for nothing more than to fight." I can't stand Chris Simon, but he can do more than just fight and take cheap shots.