HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon or Hainsey ????

View Poll Results: Hainsey or Bouillon
Ron Hainsey 32 64.00%
Francis Bouillon 18 36.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Bouillon or Hainsey ????

Who need a regular spot with the Habs ????

Hainsey : 22 years old : This year : 11 games played 1 goal and 1 assit +/- +3

or

Bouillon : 28 years old : This year : 35 games played 0 goal 6 assits +/- -1

Old
01-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
how' bout getting rid of either Rivet or Brisebois in order to have both of them in the lineup

Old
01-08-2004, 12:30 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
how' bout getting rid of either Rivet or Brisebois in order to have both of them in the lineup
keep Rivet and Brisebois and get rid of Bouillon, he doesn't belong in NHL IMO

Old
01-08-2004, 12:34 PM
HABitude

Quote:
What are U smokin' lol?
Brisebois is +13 and have lot of NHL experience, Rivet is only having a bad year, he plays much better since the last 10 games. Lot of NHL experience for Rivet too.

You did not learn from the past? Getting rid of experienced D is hurting so bad, it can be really worse than it is now.
Do you think it's easy to fill the Brisebois and Rivet's spot with equal talent such as Souray? Answer: No, they both play convenient now. They are both right D so I can't see Hainsey taking a right spot D. Even at his side, Hainsey is not able to take away Bouillon.

Old
01-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Breenger

Quote:
Because Rivet has played a lot better reciently and Brisebois has been one of our better players this season?
I'd say Boullion, since he has played better than Hainsey, and the team is defenately in a position to make the playoffs this year. Boullion is also a good role model for the other players to follow, especially the young ones.

Old
01-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Habber

I say Bouillon.

If were out of a playoff spot, an arguement could be made for Hainsey, but right now we can't afford to have two rookie D in the lineup.

Last edited by Habber: 01-08-2004 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Whoops. I accidentally voted for Hainsey instead of Bouillon. It's been a long day.;)
Old
01-08-2004, 12:45 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65

or

Some of you don't like Bouillon but sorry, he is established as 7th D now, ahead of Hainsey. This is how I see it and this is also the same as Julien and Gainey see it.

The stats showned means nothing. I saw Hainsey playing so bad, Bouillon outplayed Hainsey by a mile this year. I'm sure second floor saw the same as I saw. As much as some of you HATE Bouillon, I know he's far from perfect but he fits the bill right now much better than Hainsey. Hainsey have better potential yeah but yet in NHL he's not able to throw bodychecks, clean the front of the net, play with energy: all things Bouillon is doing now.

We better have a re-evaluation about these two next september, I beleive Bouillon is staying for the rest of the season, it's only my opinion and CJ and BG so far.

Old
01-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Hainsey had enough seasoning in the AHL , he should be ready really soon .

Old
01-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
Some of you don't like Bouillon but sorry, he is established as 7th D now, ahead of Hainsey. This is how I see it and this is also the same as Julien and Gainey see it.

The stats showned means nothing. I saw Hainsey playing so bad, Bouillon outplayed Hainsey by a mile this year. I'm sure second floor saw the same as I saw. As much as some of you HATE Bouillon, I know he's far from perfect but he fits the bill right now much better than Hainsey. Hainsey have better potential yeah but yet in NHL he's not able to throw bodychecks, clean the front of the net, play with energy: all things Bouillon is doing now.

We better have a re-evaluation about these two next september, I beleive Bouillon is staying for the rest of the season, it's only my opinion and CJ and BG so far.
Based on what is going on in Bull-dog land... It should not be long before Hainsey takes his rightful spot back...But of course we've debated in the past on the exact same issue. C'est la vie... we are on opposite sides of the fence

I am hoping that Hainsey gets another look this year (along with a first sniff for Balej <-- man he's putting a great smoke show down in the A!!)
I think he'll take Bouillon's job next time up, he just has to learn to play with the same intensity he displays in the AHL, cause he is absolutely awesome to watch down there

Old
01-08-2004, 12:54 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
agreed

Old
01-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Haddock

Bouillon by a mile for this season!
He's having a very good season and he his one of the toughest player on the team despite is small shape. We really need his presence on the ice and around Jose's net.
Ron Hainsey is simply not ready to even learn to play at the NHL level. A full year in Hamilton would be the best thing for him (according to his play this year).

Old
01-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
As the #6 guys i'd prefer Hainsey but it looks like Komi will get this spot before him.

As the #7 D i'd prefer Bouillon.

Old
01-08-2004, 01:03 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Will he keep up his good play in NHL, because it's not the same level of competition. NHL arenas are more intimidating, NHL hockey players are really faster, bigger, better; they are the real pros.

If he's ready I'm buying.

I was at the Centre Bell at the opening pre-season game in september 2002, Hainsey scored twice against Florida Panthers. What a nice shoot Hainsey have! Instinct of a scorer.

Old
01-08-2004, 01:09 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordiquesFan
Bouillon by a mile for this season!
He's having a very good season and he his one of the toughest player on the team despite is small shape. We really need his presence on the ice and around Jose's net.
Ron Hainsey is simply not ready to even learn to play at the NHL level. A full year in Hamilton would be the best thing for him (according to his play this year).
Welcome aboard, bienvenue à bord cher ancien amateur de mes détestés Nordiques, (hahaha, sans rancunes, lol).

At least someone who says the same thing as me, are we debating on the career potential or what is the reality right now?
How a player who does good at AHL can be better than another who does good enough at NHL level?

If the question is right now, who is better, it's Bouillon!

Old
01-08-2004, 01:12 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65

or

Hainsey ; immature, big head ;11 games played , 8-9 min./game at the start of the season ,in safe situations, when the team was leading the entire league for their goals ;+3

or

Bouillon 28 years old , mature ; This year ; 35 games played , in overall situation with the worst (-+ )teammate of the team 20 minutes /games ; -1

when great hockey men like Gainey , Savard and Julien send a player to the ahl , there is good reason(s );they don't do that just for the fun of it ...may be you have to be more objective about the way you see both Hainsey and Bouillon

Old
01-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Hainsey ; immature, big head ;11 games played , 8-9 min./game at the start of the season ,in safe situations, when the team was leading the entire league for their goals ;+3

or

Bouillon 28 years old , mature ; This year ; 35 games played , in overall situation with the worst (-+ )teammate of the team 20 minutes /games ; -1

when great hockey men like Gainey , Savard and Julien send a player to the ahl , there is good reason(s );they don't do that just for the fun of it ...may be you have to be more objective about the way you see both Hainsey and Bouillon
GP G A Pt +/- PIM PP SH GWG SOG S%
65 Hainsey, Ron D 18 3 7 10 +11 10 1 0 0 42 .071
Komisarek, Mike D 18 2 7 9 0 47 0 0 1 39 .051
He's leading all the Defence in Hamilton in +/-, and is third in points...

He has shown some remarkable speed, and offensive prowess as of late, after struggling a bit when he first got out of the gates in the AHL... So far, him and Komisarek are very similar in the AHL... I CANNOT wait until these 2 develop, it bodes so well for our clubs future when these 2 arrive... But in all honesty... IMHO Hainsey looks to me to be the more seasoned than Komi.

Hainsey was sent down I believe more about immaturity than game plan.. Looking back on it, perhaps it was the right call... But Hainsey IMHO is more impressive than Bouillon... Frankie tries to hit harder, but due to Hainsey's size, he does not need to crank anybody, he does it with his pure size.

Old
01-08-2004, 01:31 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
What stats in the AHL tells you?
C'mon, the real place is an NHL arena!
Two different worlds, stats in AHL means nothing.

Old
01-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
What stats in the AHL tells you?
C'mon, the real place is an NHL arena!
Two different worlds, stats in AHL means nothing.
Im not saying the AHL stats are everything... I've seen Hainsey play on 2 occasions on Sportsnet, and he played fantastic... The announcers also said the same thing. He was very effective on the ice on both ends, and had more feistiness in his game... He does not look like the same d-man we sent down, if he played with the very same Intensity I watched, he would be challenging Markov on that Left Side

I honestly feel he has taken his demotion in stride, and is looking great on the point. If he brought the same game up to our team in Montreal, we'd be the better for it, as it is another solid offensive weapon who can be good defensively.

Old
01-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Hainsey is too inconsistent right now. In the Dogs games last week on TV he made several huge giveaways to AHL talent that were just ridiculous for someone of his talent and experience(this is his 3rd AHL year after all).Sure, he's great offensively and is leading rushes up ice, but coughing up the puck to AHL talent doesn't bode well to an eventual NHL return.

Old
01-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Go Habs Go

I don't like Bouillon but I'd rather play him over Hainsey right now. Bouillon is playing better plus we can showcase him to trade him later on. It wouldn't kill Hainsey to play in Hamilton for the rest of the year. It's best to utilize everything we have instead of playing Hainsey now and eventually losing Bouillon for nothing. If Hainsey was 23-24, then I would definitely play him now but he's only 22, another year won't harm him.

Old
01-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Minos

I'd rather have Hainsey playing #1 minutes in the AHL than sitting on the bench in the NHL. He'll get his chance in due time...

Old
01-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Thomas

Send a message via MSN to Thomas
I think we should send down Komisarek and call up Dykhuis for the 7th dman role. Its no use playing Komisarek on his opposite side, hes been struggling on the left. Let him and Hainsey play 25+ minutes a game together in the AHL, build up some confidence and call them up later in the year when they have built up enough confidence and play them rather than sit them.

Old
01-09-2004, 04:11 AM
scosar

The choice between Bouillon and Hainsey comes down to styles as well. Bouillon is older and with much less talent he takes very few risks offensively and therefore makes fewer mistakes.

Everytime I see Bouillon on the power play I think, well Hainsey might cough up the puck in our zone, but damn he has to be good for a few more goals on the powerplay, not to mention that being an offensive threat he might join the rush (ala Robinson) and contribute to generating some goals (which Bouillon will never do).

Young defensemen make mistakes, they all have a learning curve in the NHL no matter how well they do in Junior/College/AHL. Hainsey will make mistakes whenever he gets the chance to play with the Habs. We have to expect that, hope he learns from them and with his added offense on a team that is hurting for goals, contribute enough offense that he is worth the investment.

Don't tell me we can't afford to play two young guys on the d. New Jersey is doing that this year with the view that the mistakes they make now, they won't be making come play-off time.

Old
01-09-2004, 04:22 AM
Darz

Give the habs management and coaching staff some credit on this one. Do you really believe they sent Hainsey down to Hamilton for no particular reason??? He's down there to work on certain things and I have all the faith in the world that when they fell he is ready for another shot with the big club he will be given it.

Old
01-09-2004, 06:26 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Give the habs management and coaching staff some credit on this one. Do you really believe they sent Hainsey down to Hamilton for no particular reason??? He's down there to work on certain things and I have all the faith in the world that when they fell he is ready for another shot with the big club he will be given it.
i don't understand the will to precipitating the young players to the big team;i am sure that if Ryder is good as he is by now , it's because the staff gave him the time to be more mature,to have more willpowers and desires...more confident also...so why be so hurry ?

Closed Thread