HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rangers have to be careful ..

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2007, 09:38 AM
SpeedSkatOrr

vCash: 500
The Rangers have to be careful ..

They have to be careful on Friday and Saturday, when playing two teams that thrives on being physical .. Islanders & Flyers.

Last night, Stevie Downey (the opponent in the Hugh Jessiman fight) concussed Dean McAmmond and when Brian McGratton went to his defense, he got throw out of the game. During Monday night's game, Sutton almost took Callahan's head off. With people like Chris Simon and all these cheap shot artists in the game .. I hope that the Rangers learn from these situations. Keep their heads up and be more conscious of watching their backs. It's only preseason and these people are playing like they are playing for the Cup already.

You know, it's also the coach's fault, Nolan for playing Simon and the Flyers coach/management wanting the players to bring back the "old Flyers spirit" .. what? .. being the Broad Street Bullies?

This doesn't just pertain to the Rangers but to all teams. It's a game, physical but there are certain situations that the players are not trained for (like the Simon's stick to the jaw, Bertuzzi's hit from behind and DP's hits when Montoya was already down).

Just to clarify, I love this sport for the skills, talent, grit, hitting and the fighting but there is a fine line that players shouldn't cross. It's hockey ... not UFC. That's all I am saying!

Old
09-26-2007, 09:41 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery Orr Pock View Post
They have to be careful on Friday and Saturday, when playing two teams that thrives on being physical .. Islanders & Flyers.

Last night, Stevie Downey (the opponent in the Hugh Jessiman fight) concussed Dean McAmmond and when Brian McGratton went to his defense, he got throw out of the game. During Monday night's game, Sutton almost took Callahan's head off. With people like Chris Simon and all these cheap shot artists in the game .. I hope that the Rangers learn from these situations. Keep their heads up and be more conscious of watching their backs. It's only preseason and these people are playing like they are playing for the Cup already.

You know, it's also the coach's fault, Nolan for playing Simon and the Flyers coach/management wanting the players to bring back the "old Flyers spirit" .. what? .. being the Broad Street Bullies?

This doesn't just pertain to the Rangers but to all teams. It's a game, physical but there are certain situations that the players are not trained for (like the Simon's stick to the jaw, Bertuzzi's hit from behind and DP's hits when Montoya was already down).

Just to clarify, I love this sport for the skills, talent, grit, hitting and the fighting but there is a fine line that players shouldn't cross. It's hockey ... not UFC. That's all I am saying!

they arent playing like they want the cup, no team would play that way in the playoffs, they would get too many penalties and get killed, they have one mission, to hurt as many people as they can....organizations should be fined and players should be suspended for what they are doing....makes the game totally ugly

Old
09-26-2007, 09:43 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I have confidence our regular roster will be able to withstand the heat AND win those games.

The only little concern I have is the D toughness.

Rosy, Malik, Tyutin, Staal, Girardi are not mixing it up. Mara and Strudwick are going to have to be ready to play a more "edgey" role

09-26-2007, 09:45 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
I have confidence our regular roster will be able to withstand the heat AND win those games
Agreed. Our guys know what they're doing and certainly ought to know what to expect when facing teams such as Philadelphia and the Sticks. Agree though that we do need to be careful.

It's just pain.
Old
09-26-2007, 09:52 AM
SpeedSkatOrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
they arent playing like they want the cup, no team would play that way in the playoffs, they would get too many penalties and get killed, they have one mission, to hurt as many people as they can....organizations should be fined and players should be suspended for what they are doing....makes the game totally ugly
True, I guess I just couldn't find the right words.

Old
09-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Merlin401

Quote:
(like the Simon's stick to the jaw, Bertuzzi's hit from behind and DP's hits when Montoya was already down). !
Yes because all 3 of these incidents were equally heinous

Quote:

Yes, why do these other teams keep trying to pick on the angelic Rangers? Such monsters these other teams! I even noticed while Orr was fighting Simon, that Simon had the audacity to try to throw a punch that nearly took Orr by surprise. I think that was most uncalled for.

Old
09-26-2007, 10:08 AM
SpeedSkatOrr

Whatever Merlin, with your attitude.

Did I say that they were angelic?

All I am trying to say is that with team with guys looking to just hurt people, players have to be more cautious. We don't want to lose anyone prior to the regular season!

Old
09-26-2007, 10:10 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
There are plenty of threads were toughness for Firday have been discussed. Please use them.