HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Quick stat...

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 06:34 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Quick stat...

Petro has 14 goals.

Old
01-09-2004, 06:56 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Petro has 14 goals.
Careful Fletch..

Apparently, we're not allowed to post ex-Ranger stats unless we do it all season long..

Hmmm Petro.. Amazing what a guy with semi-decent speed, who's not that big, but plays tough can do when given more responsibility..

Old
01-09-2004, 07:03 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Zidlicky & Schneider have 28 Points on the PP between them. The entire NYR's defense has 19 PP points.

Old
01-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Fletch

I think the reason I posted it was...

first, I was amazed. I liked Petro, but as a third, and even moreso, a fourth liner and penalty killer. Second, I caught a glimpse of some of your posts in the game thread and saw 'bit', but not necessarily big, and Petro came to mind, so I had a looksie into how he was doing. I was against his leaving, and still am.

As for Zidlicky...saw him play a couple times, finally. He likely couldn't help the PP. Why? He's a right-handed shot who effective on the left side. Has a great one-timer, and I believe that's why he's so effective. If he were a Ranger, he'd be effective on the left side (put him on the right and a bit of the one-time effect is lost, albeit not gone, but we've see too many people fail here out of position)., competing for a spot with Leetch, and thus would get 30 seconds of power plays, towards the tail-end when the Rangers are fishing the puck out of their own zone, and would thus be not too effective. He's no great-shakes defensively either.

Schneider I hated losing - and hated even more that he was replaced by Malakhov, first, and Ulanov and Karpa second. Wanted less money than Vlad. Wanted to play in New York. Was inconsistent, but never looked as disinterested as Malakhov has, and his bad was not as bad and not as often.

Last edited by Fletch: 01-09-2004 at 07:33 AM.
Old
01-09-2004, 07:14 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Zidlicky & Schneider have 28 Points on the PP between them. The entire NYR's defense has 19 PP points.
It's all a round robin cluster F%^&.

Slats let's Schnieder walk after the guy was probrably our best and most onsistent D-man the yr before he left and played with a nasty streak all in favor of bringing in Vlad who was suppossed to be that 2nd offensive d-man for Leetch but obviously that has worked out to be a horrible signing with Vlad providing no offense even when he played decent hockey during the 1st half of 2002, thus causing us to ship off York for Poti, just a move that gets worse and worse with each passing day.

Zidlicky I'm less pissed about BUT he at least should've seen what the kid had before shipping him in a 3 for 1 deal and regardless of how anybody wants to spin it the only thing holding up Zidlicky from coming over to play with us was Slats refusal to give him a 1 way deal and after the guys has played pro hockey and been the best d-man in Finland and drew great reviews and the fact that he isn't some 18-19-20 yr old kid I'd say he was well within his rights to demand such a deal but Slats being so fiscally responsible and all of course had to penny-pinch and blew adding a legit, young, good all-around d-man who could've easily provided the offense from the blueline along with Leetch.

Old
01-09-2004, 07:36 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

On a sidenote, Leetch looks like a beat up version of his old self.

I know its not popular around here, but this team won't make the playoffs. Even the Isles with all their injuries will somehow pullout a playoff spot before us. So for the 2nd year in a row i'm advocating a Leetch trade. Trade him for draft picks, our next GM will need as much help as he can get with building a young fast team here . As for #2, his load would be less on a more talented, experienced club, making him more effective than he has been for us. I hate to see Brian in another Uni, but it actually would feel better to see him go out as a winner than what he's currently being thrown into game in game out.

Last edited by Bluenote13: 01-09-2004 at 07:41 AM.
Old
01-09-2004, 08:06 AM
True Blue

Quote:
our next GM will need as much help as he can get
Are you positive that there will be a new GM? At this point, I have no idea of what it would take for Lil' Jimmy to recognize reality.

"Slats let's Schnieder walk after the guy was probrably our best and most onsistent D-man the yr before he left and played with a nasty streak all in favor of bringing in Vlad who was suppossed to be that 2nd offensive d-man for Leetch but obviously that has worked out to be a horrible signing with Vlad providing no offense even when he played decent hockey during the 1st half of 2002, thus causing us to ship off York for Poti, just a move that gets worse and worse with each passing day."

There is no doubt that both things are tied into each other. Perhaps if Jackass had not let Schnieder walk, there would have been no need to get the "2nd" offensive defenseman. But he did, and when Malacough did not produce what Sather wanted, he traded away Yorkie for Porta. When I think back to both of those situations, I get so friggin' pi$$ed, I can just bang my head on my desk.
It is so maddening to think that we could have both Schnieder and Yorkie right now and that both of them together make less than what Maladog makes.

Old
01-09-2004, 09:58 AM
kazo

Quote:
On a sidenote, Leetch looks like a beat up version of his old self.

I know its not popular around here, but this team won't make the playoffs. Even the Isles with all their injuries will somehow pullout a playoff spot before us. So for the 2nd year in a row i'm advocating a Leetch trade. Trade him for draft picks, our next GM will need as much help as he can get with building a young fast team here . As for #2, his load would be less on a more talented, experienced club, making him more effective than he has been for us. I hate to see Brian in another Uni, but it actually would feel better to see him go out as a winner than what he's currently being thrown into game in game out.
I was advocating getting Leetch to waive his no trade clause three or four years ago while he still had a lot of value. Now, I'm not so sure what his value might be given the level of his play.

In any case, given the labor situation, I can't see any big contracts being traded for prospects/picks. Teams are just not going to want to get saddled with a 7-8 mil $ contract when they don't know what's going to happen when the new CBA comes into being.

Old
01-09-2004, 11:05 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

The problem is not who or who is not on the team, the problem is the organization and the losing attitude that seems to be synonomous with this organization...it's like a disease! If we traded for Petro tomorrow he would go scoreless the rest of the year - why do you think that is?! It's very rare that a player plays to his full potential in New York, it's very upsetting.

Old
01-09-2004, 11:19 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Playing with Kovalchuk and Savard does help. No knock at all, i loved Petro.

Closed Thread