HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers' Lines?

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Hockeycrazed07

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Rangers' Lines?

Hey all~
I was wondering what the most recent lines used by the Rangers were. Can anyone let me know what they were?

Also, and this is more for everyone, if you could be the coach of the Rangers, and had at your disposal all of the resources of the NY system and a healthy group of players, what lines would you use?

Thanks in advance!
~Crazed.

Old
01-09-2004, 04:34 AM
atn1944

It doesn't mater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycrazed07
Hey all~
I was wondering what the most recent lines used by the Rangers were. Can anyone let me know what they were?

Also, and this is more for everyone, if you could be the coach of the Rangers, and had at your disposal all of the resources of the NY system and a healthy group of players, what lines would you use?

Thanks in advance!
~Crazed.
Regardless of the combinations they will still stink. They are too old, too slow, overpaid and for the most part over the hill. It is a poorly conceived "team" made up of former all stars. This includes just about the entire team including Leetch and Messier. When was the last time Leetch played like his former self. It's time to stop making excuses for him. Trade him and get soemthing in return while you can. Heck if Gretzsky was traded why not Leetch. I don't care if Messier is the leading goal scorer, he does nothing else and in fact hurts the team with his defense and his passes (I think he still believes he's playing with Gretzsky, Kurri, etc.). The only players who show anything are Holik, DeVries, Lindros and Ortmeyer. At least Branaby, Simon and Kaspar try. The rest of them are a joke. By the way as long as Lindros continues to play with Barnaby and Simon his offensive numbers will decline.

Old
01-09-2004, 04:56 AM
Davisian

LW C RW

Washed Up Overpaid Underacheiving

Underacheiving Washed up Overpaid

Overpaid Underachieving Washed up

Good effort, no game Washed Up Ortmeyer

Defense

Soft Slow

Soft and Slow Mailing in the effort

soft/slow/mailing it in Soft

deVries on IR

Old
01-09-2004, 05:05 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
... if you could be the coach of the Rangers, and had at your disposal all of the resources of the NY system and a healthy group of players, what lines would you use?

Thanks in advance!
~Crazed.
If I were coach of THIS team, here are the lines I'd be using:

Old
01-09-2004, 05:23 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*

Old
01-09-2004, 05:28 AM
Davisian

Need to cut Sather's with Draino..

Old
01-09-2004, 05:29 AM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Quote:
Hey all~
These were the lines from last night's game:

LINE COMBINATIONS:
Rucinsky Holik Kovalev
Simon Lindros Barnaby
Wiseman Nedved Carter
Rheaume Messier Ortmeyer

DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS:
Leetch Poti
Malakhov Mironov
Kasparaitis de Vries

I thought Chad Wiseman did a pretty good job in his first Rangers game.

Old
01-09-2004, 05:42 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
LW C RW

Washed Up Overpaid Underacheiving

Underacheiving Washed up Overpaid

Overpaid Underachieving Washed up

Good effort, no game Washed Up Ortmeyer

Defense

Soft Slow

Soft and Slow Mailing in the effort

soft/slow/mailing it in Soft

deVries on IR
That was '98's lineup! Man, you're slippin....

Nah, really, good stuff Davis

Old
01-09-2004, 05:44 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicpixie
I thought Chad Wiseman did a pretty good job in his first Rangers game.
I'll pretend i didn't read that :p

Old
01-09-2004, 05:44 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
That was '98's lineup!
Seriously. Haven't you heard? We're bigger, younger, and faster. As a matter of fact, since the Rangers play the exact same system the Devils do, the only reason that we've missed the playoffs for the last 6 years (#7 fast approaching) is because the fans boo the team.

Old
01-09-2004, 05:53 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
the only reason that we've missed the playoffs for the last 6 years (#7 fast approaching) is because the fans boo the team.
That and bad batches of sticks..

damn sticks..

Old
01-09-2004, 06:02 AM
Fletch

Whatever True Blue...

the only reason? You forgot to mention the bit where the league is after them and do not call games fairly too. Duuhh!

And poor Chaney...I think some of those Ranger fans are now attending Knicks game and even after a big acquisition see the same result. Now the Knicks too are afforded that excuse.

Did Wiseman do well? I missed most of the game, but saw a horrible giveaway in his zone late in the second, and only saw one other non-descript shift (and it was nice to see him get the opportunity for that shift after the turnover).

Old
01-09-2004, 07:54 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Did Wiseman do well? I missed most of the game, but saw a horrible giveaway in his zone late in the second, and only saw one other non-descript shift (and it was nice to see him get the opportunity for that shift after the turnover).
His play actually improved as the game went on. 3rd period was his best. Did not see enough of him to make an accurate assesment.

Old
01-09-2004, 08:01 AM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Always nice to see a team cheered for like the Rangers.

You know, it's funny; when Sather was hired, people pointed to the "great" things he did in Edmonton (which is debatable, IMO), and now that he's in NY, it seems the money is going to his head via his pocket, which it burned a hole in. He's like a 5-year-old with $1,000,000. Instead of saving some of it for school or a house, he wants candy. Lots and lots of candy. He'll give anything for candy. WHERE IS HIS STINKING CANDY?!?!?

~Crazed.

Old
01-09-2004, 08:11 AM
True Blue

Quote:
You know, it's funny; when Sather was hired, people pointed to the "great" things he did in Edmonton (which is debatable, IMO), and now that he's in NY, it seems the money is going to his head via his pocket, which it burned a hole in.
I don't know how many peopel were overjoyed when Jackass was hired. I recall that, at least over here, most of us were against it. Sather may have been first on the list of someone who knows next to nothing about hockey (like Lil' Jimmy), but most of us who know a thing or 2 about hockey, wanted nothing to do with him.

Old
01-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I don't know how many peopel were overjoyed when Jackass was hired.
I dunno' about overjoyed, as I wanted a younger GM with Ranger ties (Maloney) but I liked it at the time because I thought he was going to build a young, fast team ala the Oilers.. Then he quickly fell out of favor with the Lindros trade..

Old
01-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Fletch

Overjoyed wasn't the word...

excited as a result of getting rid of Smith and starting something new. Personally, I get excited about change when things are going bad for so long.

What many of us didn't realize is how much money he would spend. We spent years watching him take some young Ranger players - Weight and Marchant in particular, and of course he didn't fare as well in some other deals. And heck, the fiver years leading up to Sather being hired by the Rangers saw young Edmonton teams, exciting to watch, and making the playoffs. So, many of us welcomed the change - and started scratching our heads throughout the Summer, starting with Low, and continuing to Malakhov/Schneider.

Closed Thread