Giguere's status

Is giguere injured or not?

jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
He's no longer injured. He had surgery to correct that injury. He is now recovering from that surgery and will sit out the games in London, but should be back in the lineup when the Ducks return to North America.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 02:58 PM
treybrown

Send a message via AIM to treybrown
He's done for the season!

haha JK

treybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 02:58 PM
MOENing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
He's no longer injured. He had surgery to correct that injury. He is now recovering from that surgery and will sit out the games in London, but should be back in the lineup when the Ducks return to North America.
who will play hiller or bryz

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensaint View Post
Probably Bryz. Hiller might get in the second game if Bryz looks shaky at all, but really, it's two games at the beginning of the season, you have to put in the best guy and right now that's Bryz.

Old
09-27-2007, 03:47 PM
treybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensaint View Post

I think Bryz will play both games if he plays well in game one. Remember Bruke wants to show him off!!!!

Old
09-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by treybrown View Post
I think Bryz will play both games if he plays well in game one. Remember Bruke wants to show him off!!!!
He has plenty of time to show him off since he won't be traded until probably around the deadline. Expect one game from each of them.

Also, anyone else thinking we need a lineup/injury status thread?

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 12:30 PM
treybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
He has plenty of time to show him off since he won't be traded until probably around the deadline. Expect one game from each of them.

Also, anyone else thinking we need a lineup/injury status thread?

Well if he plays great for the first game, he's going to play the 2nd one!

And Bruke want's to show him off, deadline or not.

Old
09-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Zymergist

Quote:
Probably Bryz. Hiller might get in the second game if Bryz looks shaky at all, but really, it's two games at the beginning of the season, you have to put in the best guy and right now that's Bryz.
You really think Bryz has been outplaying Hiller in the pre-season? Bryz looked really shakey to me.

Zymergist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymergist View Post
You really think Bryz has been outplaying Hiller in the pre-season? Bryz looked really shakey to me.
It's the preseason. We can have this conversation when Bryzgalov is crapping the pot in real games and Hiller is shutting out teams made of NHL players.

Old
09-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Mooseduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post
Is giguere injured or not?
JS skated lightly with the team on Wed in London.

According to RC he is "two or three" weeks away from the starting lineup.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2007, 11:17 PM
FissionFire

Really? I was looking forward to seeing him on the 4th in Detroit, althought I know that was wishful thinking. Is he officially out for that game now?

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Zymergist

Quote:
It's the preseason. We can have this conversation when Bryzgalov is crapping the pot in real games and Hiller is shutting out teams made of NHL players.
Your comment was that "you have to put in the best guy and right now that's Bryz". How does waiting many games into the regular season affect who is best "right now"?

I agree that in order to say Hiller is a better goalie overall then Bryz we should wait and see, but that does not change who is playing better "right now".

Old
09-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Your comment was that "you have to put in the best guy and right now that's Bryz". How does waiting many games into the regular season affect who is best "right now"?

I agree that in order to say Hiller is a better goalie overall then Bryz we should wait and see, but that does not change who is playing better "right now".
I believed, at the time that I made that comment, that Bryzgalov gave the team the best chance to win, due to his talent, his history with the team and his experience in the NHL. That's why I called him the best guy.
I still believe that. I take little stock in the preseason, because frankly, guys like Steve Kariya and Jon Sim, who had awesome preseasons, have burned me too many times in too many hockey pools...
But seriously, despite the records of Hiller vs. Bryzgalov, you have to admit that the playing field is weighted towards Bryzgalov from start, if only due to his experience with the league and the team. He's done nothing to fear losing his job as Giguere's backup and in fact, the Ducks are rumored to be looking to deal him to another team so he can be a starter. Hiller's strong play may quicken that process, but I still believe that right now, in Giguere's absence, Bryzgalov is the Ducks' go-to guy, not Hiller.
It's been two games into the season, both of them rather sloppy affairs on the other side of the world. In my opinion, Bryzgalov faced a sloppier game as whole, and despite the loss, played well. The Ducks were more disciplined in front of Hiller and he got the win. The both appear to be fine goaltenders and I can imagine that Anaheim is grateful to have both on their roster, but I still believe that given his experience, Bryzgalov has the edge. Unless Bryzgalov craps the bed (which I don't think he could have been blamed of doing in Game #1), he should get more minutes then Hiller until Giguere's return. Because he gives the Ducks the best chance to win.

Old
10-01-2007, 07:24 AM
David Booth Fan

Send a message via MSN to David Booth Fan
good
i chose Giguere in my pool, i was worried when i saw he didnt play the first 2 games lol

David Booth Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Zymergist

Quote:
I believed, at the time that I made that comment, that Bryzgalov gave the team the best chance to win, due to his talent, his history with the team and his experience in the NHL. That's why I called him the best guy.
That is fine, I just found it funny that you said wait until later in the season to find out who is playing better at the time of the first game of the season.

I feel Bryz is a good goalie who deserves a starting position. However even good players have streaks where they play poorly. Judging from what I saw in preseason, my feeling is that Bryz was in one of those bad streaks while at the same time Hiller was looking good. I agree with you that preseason means little overall, but it does give some indication of who is "on their game" for the first few games of the year.

Old
10-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I feel Bryz is a good goalie who deserves a starting position. However even good players have streaks where they play poorly. Judging from what I saw in preseason, my feeling is that Bryz was in one of those bad streaks while at the same time Hiller was looking good. I agree with you that preseason means little overall, but it does give some indication of who is "on their game" for the first few games of the year.

Right, but that's assuming it's an even playing field, which I don't think it is. To substitute names around, if Giguere was healthy and didn't look good in the preseason and Bryzgalov was looking good, Giguere would still be the guy they turn to for the first game of the year.

Old
10-11-2007, 05:36 AM
Courtnall6

Hi everyone...Habs fan here but I have Giguere in my pool ans was wondering if anyone could give me an update onwhen he is expected back?

Courtnall6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

He was supposed to have been a game-time decision last night. Obviously, he didn't play but using that logic, I think you can expect to see him either this weekend or sometime early next week.

Old
10-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtnall6 View Post
Hi everyone...Habs fan here but I have Giguere in my pool ans was wondering if anyone could give me an update onwhen he is expected back?
I hope he plays soon.
he was supposed to be my starter.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
I hope he plays soon.
he was supposed to be my starter.
Supposed to be Anaheim's too....

Old
10-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

as a huge Bryzgalov fan, and fantasy owner, i hope giggy rests up. makes sure he is 100% and does not rush it. then he can come back and ANH can trade my boy to a team where he can be the #1.

win win for everyone.

ANH is in no rush to push Giggy. he had a long season, surgery and a hard time with his son's surgeries at the end of last season. no need for him to rush back, its not Bryz's fault the team has been sluggish.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Mooseduck

JSG revealed publically last night that he has been recovering from a groin injury as well as the hernia surgery. The groin injury resulted from the surgery according to JSG.

He looks forward to playing Sunday, but I didn't get the impression that was a reliable date. Guess we will see ...

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 04:19 AM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
If I had to guess I would say Giggy plays his first game of the season on Monday against the Wings... of course, he could just as easily start today but I think Bryz's win last game has earned him one more start. If someone could update this during the day when they find out the starter that would be great.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 01:52 PM
MOENing

I think he is still injuried.

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote