HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any of you local folks wanna play hockey???

Old
09-27-2007, 06:58 PM
gamera

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Any of you local folks wanna play hockey???

This is a beginner league, and great for folks who have never played before and/or are just learning to skate...

email from the league:

3on3 winter season registration opens tomorrow (9/28) and runs until 10/12.

6 teams, 10 players per team (9 skaters + goalie)
12 games, 3 x 15 min run time periods
1 referee, volunteer scorekeepers, no coaches monday nights at the MIC
$155 for the season

http://www.sportability.com/spx/Leag...p?ClientID=102

if you have played before, you can't play it's only for beginners...i'm going to do it (ooh second season!)....they're also talking about a beginner 5on5 league as well (which i will also join as i'm being sent down from our lower A team LOL)

i am not certain when the season will start, exactly, but will post updates when i get the info

this is your chance to gain an all new respect for even guys like devries lol

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

damn, thats pretty cheap sal.

im actually tempted at this.

its not the best time though.

can you do me a favor? drop me an email or PM next go round?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 12:04 AM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
dude, come skating in duluth if you can...10-12 m-f public skate is virtually empty....me and 4 or 5 figure skaters

Old
09-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

10-12, just about the busiest part of my day lol.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Fravashis

I wish hockey was that cheap here, luckily I can play for free at my University, but to play in beer leagues its over 300 bucks a year.

Fravashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2007, 04:47 PM
gamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater23fan View Post
I wish hockey was that cheap here, luckily I can play for free at my University, but to play in beer leagues its over 300 bucks a year.
it was over $400 for the season (20 games?) in the Lower A, as I recall....this is only a 12 game season

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
10-12, just about the busiest part of my day lol.
priorities!!!

Old
10-01-2007, 06:47 PM
gamera

if you don't want to play on a team...

but you want to get some practice, there is a beginner hockey clinic starting 10/31 run by the league president (really nice guy; refs our games occasionally)

20 paid players required
7 weeks (10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/28, 12/5, 12/12, 12/19) ***will skip 11/21 because it is the night before thanksgiving***
1.5 hours per week
$150 for the clinic
9pm at the Cooler

click link below to register (I'm in! woo hoo!)

http://www.sportability.com/spx/Leag...asp?LgID=16445

Old
10-31-2007, 01:25 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Ah-ha, I knew I remembered reading this so I searched the forums, et voila... I've definitely been playing hockey with you the past two weeks and not realizing it. Me and my two roommates (Randall and Jake, we're the guys that aren't even legal to drink yet...) signed up randomly and have been having a blast so far. Can't wait for the first game on Monday!

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 07:35 AM
gamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Ah-ha, I knew I remembered reading this so I searched the forums, et voila... I've definitely been playing hockey with you the past two weeks and not realizing it. Me and my two roommates (Randall and Jake, we're the guys that aren't even legal to drink yet...) signed up randomly and have been having a blast so far. Can't wait for the first game on Monday!
OK, Randall had the red jersey on last night and is on my team, right?...are you on the nasty nest team or the DCs???? what were you wearing?? I had on a st. louis (tampa bay, not missouri) white jersey. (shhh don't tell anyone! hahaha)

fun game last night, eh??? I was so psyched to score on JR LOLOLOLOL

see you monday!!! are you doing the clinic tonight? if so, see you there...

Old
10-31-2007, 10:02 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
OK, Randall had the red jersey on last night and is on my team, right?...are you on the nasty nest team or the DCs???? what were you wearing?? I had on a st. louis (tampa bay, not missouri) white jersey. (shhh don't tell anyone! hahaha)

fun game last night, eh??? I was so psyched to score on JR LOLOLOLOL

see you monday!!! are you doing the clinic tonight? if so, see you there...
Yeah, Randall was the all-star in the red jersey who scored twice in his first hockey experience ever. I've been wearing the dark blue jersey, and I'm on the nest... the easy way to remember me is to look for the 3 young guys and I'll be the one with the facial hair.

We're all doing the clinic tonight, hopefully they will know how to fix my skating!

Old
10-31-2007, 06:49 PM
gamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Yeah, Randall was the all-star in the red jersey who scored twice in his first hockey experience ever. I've been wearing the dark blue jersey, and I'm on the nest... the easy way to remember me is to look for the 3 young guys and I'll be the one with the facial hair.

We're all doing the clinic tonight, hopefully they will know how to fix my skating!
ah yes, i remember you. we fought for the puck along the boards...you won LOL

see you tonight!!!

Old
11-01-2007, 01:20 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
ah yes, i remember you. we fought for the puck along the boards...you won LOL

see you tonight!!!
Clinic went pretty well, I thought the coach with the beard was really nice. I think his name was Steve. Is he going to be one of the refs for out league?

Old
11-01-2007, 11:16 PM
gamera

everyone but the real steve had steve on their helmets....

the real steve was the one with the red sox cap on who video taped us; he's president of the AAHL and refs as well (he has other assignments on monday nights so won't be doing our 3 on 3 games, at least at the beginning of the season; i asked him, because he did alot of our games last season)

the guy with the beard is marty seed. this is the first time i've worked with him, but i really liked him, as well. he runs a "learn to play" clinic sometimes, too. marty is also a ref, and i'm not sure if he'll ref our 3 on 3 games or not. we never had him last season.

we did, however, have this one guy (ron?) who was REALLY STRICT and would move your stick if you didn't have it PERFECTLY PLACED for a face off...he also called WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many penalties (at least compared to the other refs we had)...

the other guy is rob, and i just met him last night, too. he was really helpful to me, too...they all were, for that matter...

i really enjoyed the clinic and am looking forward to next week! i wish it was 2 or 3 times a week!!

Old
11-03-2007, 11:26 AM
l2andall

Hey Gamera, It's Randall.

These things are so much fun! I can't wait for the games to start! Good thing you're on my team. We'll have to dominate to Nasty Nest next week when we play them!

l2andall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2007, 06:26 PM
gamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2andall View Post
Hey Gamera, It's Randall.

These things are so much fun! I can't wait for the games to start! Good thing you're on my team. We'll have to dominate to Nasty Nest next week when we play them!
DC! DC! DC! DC! hahahahahaha

ROW ROW ROW

indeed.

can't wait for our first game tomorrow night!!