HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Syracuse Crunch/Elmira Jackals/Youngstown Steelhounds 2007-2008 thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Monsters vs Crunch tonight, I'll be leaving in a few minutes here, and after the game I'll give my reports on Brule and Brassard, and anyone else you guys want.

Old
04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Monsters vs Crunch tonight, I'll be leaving in a few minutes here, and after the game I'll give my reports on Brule and Brassard, and anyone else you guys want.
Plekhanov too please.

Old
04-08-2008, 07:58 PM
sinbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
Plekhanov too please.
scratched

Old
04-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Pluckfur

What happened to Lacosta? He started the game and next time I looked he was out and Munroe was in. Anyone know anything? ... I have the Lake Erie announcers and other than that all FOUR Crunch goals were "lucky" they seem to know squat.

Old
04-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin View Post
scratched
Not really scratched per sť, he wasn't on the Crunch clear day roster (aka playoff roster), but he is on the backup roster, meaning he can play if there is an injury to a clear day roster defenseman.

Old
04-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Syracuse Crunch fan

No word on Lacosta (nor will there be this late in the season).

We're watching on B2 (not bad, only froze once). Brule and Brass look real good together.

Crunch are up 4-1 start of the third.

Old
04-08-2008, 09:13 PM
CoachWithNoTeam

whats up with rome not being sent down

Old
04-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syracuse Crunch fan View Post
No word on Lacosta (nor will there be this late in the season).

We're watching on B2 (not bad, only froze once). Brule and Brass look real good together.

Crunch are up 4-1 start of the third.
I know that Plekhanov and Starkov are on the backup list, that's why Starkov is playing for Pic tonight, and I know that Clitsome, Holden, McGuirk, Radja and Fornataro are on ATOs because they are recent junior/college grads, so they are eligible to play in the playoffs....where do Jarman and Goehring fit in? Are they in the same boat as Starkov and Plekhanov, on a sort of emergency roster, or "taxi squad"?

Thanks SCF.

Old
04-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachWithNoTeam View Post
whats up with rome not being sent down
They are afraid he would be claimed on waivers by another NHL squad.

Old
04-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Wow, just got home and I have to say that was one of the most incredibly gooned up exciting game ever. I've never seen a fan try to jump over the glass until tonight. I'll type up a nice review for everyone. The fan that jumped up the glass actually spit on Sestito.

Old
04-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

I got a preview of the night when I got there at 6:30 and both teams were already at center ice jawing with each other during warmups. Mitch Love, the Monsters goon and Konopka were having a conversation. Each guy had about 5 teammates behind them, the conversation didn't look too pleasant to me, they weren't talking about where the good strip clubs in Cleveland were. Keep this in mind.

One minute into the game Dorsett drops the gloves with Mitch Love. After the fight Konopka and Love have a few words with each other again. Just getting started.

Two minutes into the game, Lacosta takes himself out, I was sitting in the 9th row behind the Crunch bench next to the tunnel, Dan was walking okay so I don't know if he was injured.

Onto the good news for the Crunch, Brule and Brassard both had great games, off the top of my head I believe Brule had 2 assists and was +3 and Brassard had a goal and assist as well. Again, that's just what I could recall. Both Gilbert and Derick have great chemistry together, they play in every situation, the PK and PP. They also talk on the bench alot. Brule can dipsy do around opponents and plays hard every shift. They both also hit the post at least once tonight.

During the 3rd things got ugly, about halfway through Konopka takes a penalty and gets into the box and immediately starts jawing with the fans, they continued to jaw with each other the full 2 minutes and Zenon even squirted water on the fans sitting behind the box. No one got ejected yet.

It's 4-2 late 3rd and I see Dorsett fight again, this time Jamie Lundmark, Dorsett gets the game misconduct and antagonizes the fans as he exits through the tunnel. The guy sitting 2 rows in front of me got tossed out for saying something to Dorsett, but I couldn't hear what he said.

Fast forward to the last few seconds of the game, I see a fight on the other end, it's Mitch Love again vs Gilbert Brule, apparently Love just started whaling on him. Brule held his own and did pretty well. Love is screaming at the Crunch bench and Konopka is being held back from the refs. There's 1.1 seconds left and this took about a half hour to play. Zenon ends up getting ejected and goes ballistic, he bashed his stick into the glass behind the bench and 5 people jump back a mile. Sestito starts jawing with a fan or two behind the bench, they keep going at it and there's no security around, I couldn't hear what was being said the this dude jumps up the glass and spits on Sestito, immediately their coach turns around and I could lipread "get the **** out of here" and security took about 5 minutes to calm things down, eventually they played the last 1.1 second but holy **** I thought I'd see a player vs a fan fighting. If I think of more I forget I'll edit it in here.

Old
04-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Skraut

Quote:

Fast forward to the last few seconds of the game, I see a fight on the other end, it's Mitch Love again vs Gilbert Brule, apparently Love just started whaling on him. Brule held his own and did pretty well. Love is screaming at the Crunch bench and Konopka is being held back from the refs. There's 1.1 seconds left and this took about a half hour to play. Zenon ends up getting ejected and goes ballistic, he bashed his stick into the glass behind the bench and 5 people jump back a mile. Sestito starts jawing with a fan or two behind the bench, they keep going at it and there's no security around, I couldn't hear what was being said the this dude jumps up the glass and spits on Sestito, immediately their coach turns around and I could lipread "get the **** out of here" and security took about 5 minutes to calm things down, eventually they played the last 1.1 second but holy **** I thought I'd see a player vs a fan fighting. If I think of more I forget I'll edit it in here.
Aww man, I missed all the good stuff, they had us Season Ticket holders in the hallway behind the LEM bench waiting to get our photos taken with the team.

I absolutely LOVED the "No way in Hell" look Brassard had on his face when they had him on the Kiss Cam with Brule, then they panned over and I think it was Methot he blew a kiss to

The Crunch absolutely OWNED the first 2 periods, then just sat back and toyed with the Monsters in the third. I have never seen a 5 on 3 for a minute and a half, where 85 seconds of the penalty are spent with Brule and Brassard playing catch BEHIND the net.

Zenon had the fans royally pissed. It the third we were moved over by the a-hole (yeah he's always there and always annoying) that was antagonizing him it was absolutely hilarious catching bits and pieces of the comments.

This is turning into a great rivalry, and even better because the Crunch always win at the Q

Old
04-08-2008, 10:45 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Is there any way we can give the Crunch their own thread next season?
Give Elmira, Youngstown and Ohio Juniors a separate thread?
I'm starting to really enjoy the Crunch. I love how they all stick up for each other. The guys in C-Bus could take a lesson from these boys.

Old
04-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Dude you missed the goonery at best. I can't believe the entire Crunch team jawing with 2 or 3 fans and Sestito getting spit on. I'm just sitting here trying to remember everything I saw. Are you a season ticket holder for all 40 games cuz I have 15 games and I didn't get anything???

Old
04-08-2008, 10:48 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
I got a preview of the night when I got there at 6:30 and both teams were already at center ice jawing with each other during warmups. Mitch Love, the Monsters goon and Konopka were having a conversation. Each guy had about 5 teammates behind them, the conversation didn't look too pleasant to me, they weren't talking about where the good strip clubs in Cleveland were. Keep this in mind.
There are good strip clubs in Cleveland?!?

Old
04-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Well not anymore. The new law took the fun out of it.

Old
04-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Dude you missed the goonery at best. I can't believe the entire Crunch team jawing with 2 or 3 fans and Sestito getting spit on. I'm just sitting here trying to remember everything I saw. Are you a season ticket holder for all 40 games cuz I have 15 games and I didn't get anything???
I'm a ticket holder for 20 games (plus got I think 3 more free), and that gets me into everything for "Full Season Ticket Holders" (yeah it doesn't make sense to me either) But there were all sorts of events and what not (dinner, bowling, free skates etc) That I got invited to. It's definitely worth the upgrade. You get more weekday, and less weekend games, but can easily exchange them, plus, you get better seats available to you AND next season we get free parking if we pay before May 15th I think. Totally worth it. The cost to upgrade to 20 would be about the same as all the parking.

Anyway to stay on topic. This is going to become one hell of a rivalry. It feels like the CBJ-Nashville rivalry, but only we keep getting to see the winning side of the equation.

Old
04-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Syracuse Crunch fan

Quote:
During the 3rd things got ugly, about halfway through Konopka takes a penalty and gets into the box and immediately starts jawing with the fans, they continued to jaw with each other the full 2 minutes and Zenon even squirted water on the fans sitting behind the box. No one got ejected yet.
Wow, we didn't get all of that detail on the B2 broadcast. On Konopka, the water thing is like a trademark for him, he does it jokingly with our fans every game during warmups, trying to hit the usher behind the Crunch bench. We did see that tonight on the webcast. It did look though like he was being nice to a kid asking for a picture or something (Konpka loves the kids).

Thanks TW and Skraut for being road updaters. The web broadcast isn't the same as being there.

BTW - with the win, that's 20 games in a row with a point, 17-0-0-3 and 13 wins in a row. Within 2 of Manitoba, each with 3 games to play. Crunch are also 2 points off the franchise record with 94 currently. A quarter of the season without a loss, barring shootouts. That's just insane.

Old
04-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

I was pretty impressed with the Crunch overall, the goonery part was the fault of both teams. However the Crunch look like a well oiled machine, almost unstoppable. They can keep the puck inside the zone for the full 2 minutes on a power play. Their forechecking is relentless. Konopka is the perfect captain for that team, he's always talking to his linemates, always out there chatting with the refs, and will stick up for any teammate in any situation. He was so pissed Mitch Love picked a fight with Brule, he jumped off the bench afterwards and tried to fight Love, leading to his ejection.

Old
04-09-2008, 07:49 AM
sinbin

What was Brule doing on the ice with under 30 seconds to go anyways ?

Old
04-09-2008, 07:52 AM
sinbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Is there any way we can give the Crunch their own thread next season?
Give Elmira, Youngstown and Ohio Juniors a separate thread?
I'm starting to really enjoy the Crunch. I love how they all stick up for each other. The guys in C-Bus could take a lesson from these boys.
The unofficial Syracuse crunch page [Daves page] is turning in its keyboard after this season. With that being said I am sure the Crunch will need it's own thread next season on the Columbus page.

Old
04-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syracuse Crunch fan View Post
Wow, we didn't get all of that detail on the B2 broadcast.
Did they by chance say why LaCosta left the net? He was not on the bench for the remainder of the first, but was back out on it for the 2nd and 3rd.

Old
04-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Syracuse Crunch fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Did they by chance say why LaCosta left the net? He was not on the bench for the remainder of the first, but was back out on it for the 2nd and 3rd.
They did not, Bobby Mac noticed he was back, but had no details. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't never got any. This time of year teams get real paranoid about releasing potential or real injury news. Upper body/Lower body would be the extent. If he was on the bench, I would say it's not serious, maybe just the flu or something. But that's pure speculation.

Old
04-09-2008, 09:21 AM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

this was very interesting to read.. thanks to all who contributed, sounds like it was a great game to be at

Old
04-09-2008, 09:41 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Please let us know how many game suspensions Konopka and Sestito will get.
I hope/assume this wasn't a playoff game.

Wish these boys had brought this kind of fire to the Jackets this year. Perhaps if Zenon had not gotten injured.

Closed Thread