HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Who are the "for sure" Hall of Famers playing currently today??

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2004, 08:59 AM
islandnucker

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to islandnucker
I really like that someone mentioned Mogilny and not necessarly for just his hockey numbers. I personally think he was the one that broke the wall for all young Russian players to get into the NHL.

Larionov should make it too.

I'm not sticking up for saying Linden should be in the Hall but I would think that they would consider stuff like community work if a player was on the bubble.

Old
01-10-2004, 09:09 AM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandnucker
I really like that someone mentioned Mogilny and not necessarly for just his hockey numbers. I personally think he was the one that broke the wall for all young Russian players to get into the NHL.

Larionov should make it too.

I'm not sticking up for saying Linden should be in the Hall but I would think that they would consider stuff like community work if a player was on the bubble.
I don't think Linden will make it, but he'll have his number retired by the Canucks and go down as one of the classier, more well-liked players of his time. That ain't so bad...

Old
01-10-2004, 09:15 AM
islandnucker

Send a message via ICQ to islandnucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
I don't think Linden will make it, but he'll have his number retired by the Canucks and go down as one of the classier, more well-liked players of his time. That ain't so bad...
I feel the exact same way as you. I think that he won't put up the numbers and unless the Canucks win 3 straight Cups, even then it would be questionable.

Old
01-10-2004, 09:40 AM
eh

Send a message via ICQ to eh Send a message via MSN to eh Send a message via Yahoo to eh
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
Hasn't done anything since his rookie season? During the Ducks years he was one of the two or three best wingers in the game. Was nominated for the Hart trophy, won the Richard trophy, All-Star a number of times over. His Ducks years were definitely Hall-worthy. Just so happens he played it in California and with the Ducks, so it was all done very quietly (and in the shadow of Paul Kariya as team poster boy).
I know exactly what he has done, I was his biggest fan (well maybe all the screaming teen girls were even bigger fans ;) while he was still playing here (in Finland, that is). I'm not saying he hasn't done anything since his rookie season, I'm just saying that without a rookie season like his, it wouldn't be obvious that he belongs to the HHOF. Hopefully he can win the Cup still, before coming back home...

Old
01-10-2004, 10:50 AM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh
I know exactly what he has done, I was his biggest fan (well maybe all the screaming teen girls were even bigger fans while he was still playing here (in Finland, that is). I'm not saying he hasn't done anything since his rookie season, I'm just saying that without a rookie season like his, it wouldn't be obvious that he belongs to the HHOF. Hopefully he can win the Cup still, before coming back home...
Yeah I hear ya. Maybe it was just the way you worded it...in any case, yeah the rookie season definitely boosts the numbers a bit. However, many who followed it closely said that his season with the Ducks when Kariya was out of the lineup with the concussion and contract dispute may have been a more impressive, dominant performance than his shocking rookie season...so at least he wasn't a fluke performer.

Closed Thread