HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: Going to Montreal...

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2004, 02:48 PM
maximil

vCash: 500
OT: Going to Montreal...

A week from this Friday me and four of my closest college buddies are heading up to Montreal for a long weekend. None of us have ever been there before. We are really excited! Here are the questions...

What do you recommend seeing in Montreal?
Where are the best places to play pick up hockey?
Where are your favorite out door rinks?
Are there any tremendous hockey shops?
Is there any public transportation or should I rent a car?
Where do all the college age chicks hang out?
What are your favorite places to booze? Like night clubs, sports bars, and strip clubs...
Basically, if you could recommend one thing to do in Montreal what would it be?

Tell me anything that you think might help us out!

Thanks for your time. We can barely wait!

Old
01-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Sonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximil
Getting out of the town!

Old
01-07-2004, 03:52 PM
The n00b King ©*

strip club: the amazons, on St-Jacques
Clubs: avoid any of those places, for ur own good, being an outsider, women can smell it a mile away and will reject u
I dont know of any pick up hockey that would be worth ur time
as for an activity when ull come, i believe the "fetes des neiges" is going on, that can actually be kind of cool.
if ur gonna stay downtown most of the time, u dont need to rent a car, but to make it easier for u, do. it's cold out here now, and it's a ***** to wait around for stupid buses that dont show up.
what i would recomend? wait till this summer to come here, it's a LOT better

Old
01-07-2004, 04:33 PM
skidboot

Hurley's on Crescent is a good time. English style Pub. Not far at all from the Stadium.

Old
01-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Catala

Send a message via MSN to Catala
Quote:
A week from this Friday me and four of my closest college buddies are heading up to Montreal for a long weekend. None of us have ever been there before. We are really excited! Here are the questions...

What are your favorite places to booze? Like night clubs, sports bars, and strip clubs...

-underground downtown is nice for tourists, but i highly recommand you to watch a hockey game at the Bell center.
-almost everywhere... but the one on Parc Lafontaine is the most crowded.
-tremendous hockey shops... nah, but some good ones yes. certainly in Laval thought.
-public transportation my friend... will be a mess if you rent a car. (metro/bus are very well organyzed when not on strike )
-ALL the college chicks hang out near crescent for the english side of town, french side is on St-Denis.
-recommandable night clubs are: central station on St Laurent, Vatican on crescent well maybe for that last one..... Strip bar? Solid gold, the best in town by 2 miles.
-And for the sports bar, try out La cage au sport on a hockey night .

1 thing to do? clubs. chicks in montreal are very hot if not the top hottests girls in north America.

Enjoy your stay.

Old
01-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
strip club: the amazons, on St-Jacques
Clubs: avoid any of those places, for ur own good, being an outsider, women can smell it a mile away and will reject u
Girls LOVES outsiders specially if they look for a one night. And Montreal have the greatest girls on earth.
I don't know Montreal much but Le 2 pierrot and many downtown clubs are pretty cool.

Old
01-07-2004, 05:16 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:

Hey im going to see the game in montreal on the 17th. Although it's not a big trip since im in Ottawa. I like The Foufs, the music is pretty cool. More alternative than dance music. Use the metro, it's a lot simpler than a car. I dont think theirs a lot of outdoor rinks in montreal, maybe in the suburbs next to it though.

Old
01-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Marmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
Hey im going to see the game in montreal on the 17th. Although it's not a big trip since im in Ottawa. I like The Foufs, the music is pretty cool. More alternative than dance music. Use the metro, it's a lot simpler than a car. I dont think theirs a lot of outdoor rinks in montreal, maybe in the suburbs next to it though.
By the way the Foufs is a really awesome bar, nice pick. I really like their alternative music and most people there are awesome.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Zednik

Hey guys, by the way, I'll be in Montreal during the Super Bowl week-end. What's the best bar to go to watch the game (with some good cheap beer )

Old
01-08-2004, 04:57 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik
Hey guys, by the way, I'll be in Montreal during the Super Bowl week-end. What's the best bar to go to watch the game (with some good cheap beer )
Le Cage aux Sports... drink a few and then if you got a ticket just go in and watch the game live! Still got your tix man!

Old
01-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Zednik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Le Cage aux Sports... drink a few and then if you got a ticket just go in and watch the game live! Still got your tix man!
Yeah, but if it's like in Quebec City, the Cage is always full and sold out during the super bowl. But yeah, it's a great place.

Old
01-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Zednik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Oh, by the way Blong, I was talking about the SuperBowl game, not the Habs game ! I have tix for the Habs . I think you misunderstood.

Last edited by Zednik: 01-08-2004 at 11:25 AM.
Old
01-09-2004, 02:02 AM
phil76

solid gold (strip club)
one of the best

8820 st-laurent

Old
01-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:

Looks like the strip clubs have been answered (Chez Pare, SuperSex downtown, Solid Gold far uptown, Grand Prix ..basically a brothel).

Pick up hockey....call the Bonaventure Arena. It is on the island, North West close to all the highways. They have pick up hockey indoors, with goalies. Throw your sticks in the middle type of set up. They do this all week, I am not sure if they do the weekends.

Outdoor rinks....east side of the city will be better. Parc Lafontaine is a good bet and it is close to the downtown core.

Chicks....east side french (better looking). West side english (easier). Generalities here.....

Hockey stores, Jacques Rousseau or A. Roy Sport. Neither is very close to downtown. The Rousseau in Laval is the best (it used to be a GM dealership...i.e. BIG).

Sports bar...hands down Champs on St. Laurent, voted best sports bar in Canada. La Cage aux Sports is a chain style, middle of the road type family spot, but they sho the hockey games too. I repeat CHAMPS. On St. Laurent, bonus....St. Laurent street is where the (snobby) good looking ladies are.

Rent a car.

Have a good time.

Old
01-09-2004, 10:16 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
What are your favorite places to booze? Like night clubs, sports bars, and strip clubs
buddy you have to go to stereo" its a world class club filled with gorgious and easy girls. dance all night and have fun to sum nice house music.
btw if you have a chance to see mistress barbera, angel maroe or mv, dont miss out.

Old
01-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Oilers Hockey

I can't wait until I move there this summer.

Closed Thread