HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

How's David Steckel looking

Old
10-03-2007, 01:19 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
The next person to wear the A will be Morrison. Another Capital that fights anyone for any Cap. That shows more to me than how well he jokes in the locker room. I dont think it will be a coincidence when he gets an A.
Wow....I would be surprised. Mo just has no fire in his belly IMO. He's a good player, but not a leader from what I see out there. He seems almost eerily calm.

Last edited by CapitalsCupFantasy: 10-03-2007 at 01:31 PM.
CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 01:37 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
Wow....I would be surprised. Mo just has no fire in his belly IMO. He's a good player, but not a leader from what I see out there. He seems almost eerily calm.
Yeah I can see that passive side of him too. But he is QUICK to drop the gloves and take on anyone that he sees running his teammates. He was the only one to go after that punk Ranger when he crossed checked Ovey in the jaw. Hanlon and McPhee are both former brawlers and I am sure have taken notice. I think I have seen him fight others battles 3 times so far. No other Cap on the ice at that time will be a A before Mo.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 01:43 PM
PSUhockey34

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
I agree with that...not saying he isn't passionate about playing hockey but to me, he plays with very little emotion, or at least you don't see it on his face...he's got a quiet personality and plays the game quietly/unnoticed which there is nothing wrong with that b/c he does a good job

10-03-2007, 01:44 PM
PSUhockey34

Steckel for Calder!!!!

PSUhockey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUhockey34 View Post
he fought Mike Richards

Yeah, but it was preseason, there is no way Hanlon would want him to fight in a regular season game.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 05:10 PM
PSUhockey34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
Yeah, but it was preseason, there is no way Hanlon would want him to fight in a regular season game.
how is that any different? there's just as much risk in fighting someone in preseason as there are in the regular season...if anything it's more pointless for him to get hurt fighting in a meaningless preseason game then it is in a regular season game

Old
10-03-2007, 05:16 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Quote:
He would not want him to fight in preseason either. I think he did incur one fighting major last year but never dropped the gloves and was a punching bag as I remember. ALL our players need to jump to his defense without hesitation if people take liberties with him - old school flyers style. He plays such a hard game but it is always clean so its a rarity that he gets in over his head.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 06:30 PM
malyk

The only time he was a "punching bag" was after he leveled briere from behind and Guathier gave him a couple of shots.

I actually think ovechkin did well there as he knew it was a bad hit and took what he deserved straight up. I'm sure he would have fought back if the refs and other players weren't there right away.

malyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 06:47 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I agree with that...not saying he isn't passionate about playing hockey but to me, he plays with very little emotion, or at least you don't see it on his face...he's got a quiet personality and plays the game quietly/unnoticed which there is nothing wrong with that b/c he does a good job
Agreed...certainly not a knock on the guy. He just seems as cool as ice out there.

I wouldn't have a problem with Mo being an A, but he wouldn't get it because he among the first to defend a teammate IMO.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Quote:
how is that any different? there's just as much risk in fighting someone in preseason as there are in the regular season...if anything it's more pointless for him to get hurt fighting in a meaningless preseason game then it is in a regular season game

I'm not talking about the risk of getting hurt, i'm talking about having your best player in the box for 5 minutes, last year we couldn't have Ovechkin in the box for 5 minutes, that's why Hanlon didn't want him fighting.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 08:50 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
I'm not talking about the risk of getting hurt, i'm talking about having your best player in the box for 5 minutes, last year we couldn't have Ovechkin in the box for 5 minutes, that's why Hanlon didn't want him fighting.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 09:15 PM
PSUhockey34

Quote:
you've got you're priorities screwed up, you should be more concerned with the risk of Ovy getting hurt vs him sitting in the box for 5 minutes b/c of fighting...which I think has just as much to do with why Hanlon doesn't want him fighting, that and he's probably not a good fighter

Old
10-03-2007, 09:18 PM
SSM12

he's looking good, I hear he has 20-20

SSM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 09:24 PM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

Quote:
you've got you're priorities screwed up, you should be more concerned with the risk of Ovy getting hurt vs him sitting in the box for 5 minutes b/c of fighting...which I think has just as much to do with why Hanlon doesn't want him fighting, that and he's probably not a good fighter
i bet he could be though.

itsjustsurvival is offline   Reply With Quote