HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Around the NHL (All NHL talk/news in this thread)

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
The Lanche are distroying the Sharks 6-1 near the end of the third.....watch out for Denver this year....they are loaded on offense.....top 5 in the conference based on what I've seen in this short season....

Old
10-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
The Lanche are distroying the Sharks 6-1 near the end of the third.....watch out for Denver this year....they are loaded on offense.....top 5 in the conference based on what I've seen in this short season....
Lanche?

Old
10-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
Lanche?
Colorado Avalanche

Old
10-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellington View Post
Colorado Avalanche
Yeah i get it, I just think it's a bit.....well i dunno.

Avs is cool.

Old
10-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Found this out on the main boards Thats sad my prayers to him and his family

Quote:
This morning I shared with my teammates news that I was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia," Blake said on the team's website.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=220161&hubname=

Old
10-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Well sounds like it's not that "bad" in the whole scheme of things, so he should be okay

Old
10-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Yeah i get it, I just think it's a bit.....well i dunno.

Avs is cool.
Nordiques is better

Old
10-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Nordiques is better
Yer damn right it is.

I miss the Nords. A lot. Oh well.

Old
10-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
And yet they were shut out by Nashville. Hate to say, but I'm really likin' both of those teams this year(Colorado, Nashville). I think the standings are going to be upside down by the time things are all said and done.

Old
10-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Ar-too

Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Yer damn right it is.

I miss the Nords. A lot. Oh well.
Not as provocative as the "Diques" though...

Old
10-08-2007, 01:40 PM
beba91

Detroit vs Edmonton tonight. Let's hope the Oilers win this one in regulation. Keep the points low in our division.

Last edited by beba91: 10-08-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old
10-08-2007, 02:35 PM
CBJSlash

I'm glad Blake was able to cash out after last season and well deserving player. Hopefully he can continue to play at the same level.

Old
10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
CapnCornelius

Drove to Phoenix to see the Bruins (my fave team pre-Jackets) and the Coyotes.

A couple things.

1. The Coyotes may be the worst team in the league. They have no real identity. They are offensively unimposing. Their defense is okay at best. Their goaltending is mediocre. And they aren't even physically intimidating. The score may have been just 3-1, but that was more the result of the Bruins hitting the post and missing empty nets than anything the Coyotes did.

2. If you doubt the quality of the fans and the experience at Nationwide, go somewhere like Phoenix. Attendance is listed as 14,087. From what I could tell, it was closer to 10,000 actually in attendance. And most of those seats were paid season tickets (you could tell as every seat before the game that wasn't a season ticket holder had a brochure for season tickets). This team is the flip side of the Nashville coin--clearly there is a ton of corporate support, but your average Joe isn't going to spend major coin to see a losing team. Can't say I blame them, but its sad.

As for the Bruins, its still up in the air about what this team will do. The night before they were pouned by the Stars (a team that still may make the playoffs, but clearly ain't what it used to be). There's a lot of talent on the team with Sturm, Bergeron, Kessell, Murray and Savard, but even with Shawn Thornton in the team, I didn't see a lot of toughness and their defense is suspect. Tim Thomas played a heck of a game. Fernandez is also a solid 'tender. But, I just don't see this team making the playoffs.

Looking at other recent games, the big question for me--are the Isles for real or is Buffalo just that bad? Anyone else wishing we'd picked up Comrie as our first line center? But, then again, that's the sort of thing you never know how its going to turn out.

Old
10-08-2007, 08:23 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post

A couple things.

1. The Coyotes may be the worst team in the league. They have no real identity. They are offensively unimposing. Their defense is okay at best. Their goaltending is mediocre. And they aren't even physically intimidating. The score may have been just 3-1, but that was more the result of the Bruins hitting the post and missing empty nets than anything the Coyotes did.

2. If you doubt the quality of the fans and the experience at Nationwide, go somewhere like Phoenix. Attendance is listed as 14,087. From what I could tell, it was closer to 10,000 actually in attendance. And most of those seats were paid season tickets (you could tell as every seat before the game that wasn't a season ticket holder had a brochure for season tickets). This team is the flip side of the Nashville coin--clearly there is a ton of corporate support, but your average Joe isn't going to spend major coin to see a losing team. Can't say I blame them, but its sad.

As for the Bruins, its still up in the air about what this team will do. The night before they were pouned by the Stars (a team that still may make the playoffs, but clearly ain't what it used to be). There's a lot of talent on the team with Sturm, Bergeron, Kessell, Murray and Savard, but even with Shawn Thornton in the team, I didn't see a lot of toughness and their defense is suspect. Tim Thomas played a heck of a game. Fernandez is also a solid 'tender. But, I just don't see this team making the playoffs.

Looking at other recent games, the big question for me--are the Isles for real or is Buffalo just that bad? Anyone else wishing we'd picked up Comrie as our first line center? But, then again, that's the sort of thing you never know how its going to turn out.
Thanks for the report Cap.
I wonder if The Great One is the reason for all the corporate support (ie, elbow rubbing with Gretz). And I wonder how long that will last. Nashville had "some" support at one point too. I wonder how long they'll be able to maintain a team there with crappy records AND low turnout. What is being said about that down there?

Going out on a limb here, but I believe Cbus is a pretty special town when it comes to the corporate fathers. The inbred philanthropy is amazing around here... almost as if they all get together every so often to decide "who's taking care of what" around Cbus. Long history of it around here and Mr. Mac's not the first player. The presence of "fan high expectations" in Cbus -created by years and years of OSU knocking the snot out of teams, should rub off on the Jackets franchise as well.

Old
10-09-2007, 05:44 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
What do you think of that building? Inside the arena part it is pretty good, but I find the concourse very drab and bland. I know it is going with the desert motif, but it didn't feel warm or inviting in the concourses--I didn't like the colors in there.

Quote:
Anyone else wishing we'd picked up Comrie as our first line center? But, then again, that's the sort of thing you never know how its going to turn out.
Not in the least. That guy has skill but he has no ability to play the type of game that Hitch is trying to get these guys to play. I have never been a fan of that player. He isn't a guy who you can count on when the game gets tough. He likes easy ice and steers clear of the dirty, competitive areas on the ice.

I am not surprised that the NYI beat the Sabres as I think the Sabres are going to struggle this year. I also don't think the NYI are going to make the playoffs this year so I am not getting too revved up about 2 wins.

Old
10-09-2007, 05:50 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by beba91 View Post
Detroit vs Edmonton tonight. Let's hope the Oilers win this one in regulation. Keep the points low in our division.
Did you watch any of that game?

First off, the oilers uniforms look like practice jersey's. What is the deal with teams putting no striping around the bottom? Edmonton and Toronto and even Tampa have the plainest jersey's I have seen and they look terrible. What a shame. Thing that is annoying is you just know they are going to change them again for next year

Secondly, that game looked like summer hockey--no hitting, nobody stopped, they just played the game in big circles. The oilers can definately skate with the wings, but make too many mistakes in their own end.

Watching the Oilers offensively-abled d made me envious--we don't have anything like that.

Joni Pitkanen is a stud and on one play was the first forechecker in to keep a play alive and when the puck came back the other way, he beat three of his own players back.

I thought it was a pretty boring game to watch--if you like a wide open, no hitting game that lacked intensity, that game was the one for you!

Old
10-09-2007, 06:19 AM
X0ssbar

I think the Oil wanted to hit the Wings but they move the puck so quickly and accurately its hard to catch up to the play to make the hit. They did make a lot of needless errors -- that team actually reminded me a bit of the Jackets last season.

I think Sourey will be the biggest UFA bust this season. He was invisible in that game.

I liked Sam Gagner though. You can tell he's young out there but you can see the skill and play making ability.

..and yeah, those Oil jerseys are pretty rough. I like plain and simple but they might as well play in a white t-shirt.

Old
10-09-2007, 06:36 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
I think the Oil wanted to hit the Wings but they move the puck so quickly and accurately its hard to catch up to the play to make the hit. They did make a lot of needless errors -- that team actually reminded me a bit of the Jackets last season.
I don't know, it seemed to me they had their chances, but just didn't [want any part of physical play.

Quote:
I think Sourey will be the biggest UFA bust this season. He was invisible in that game.
I said the exact same thing last night. The wings took away the point shots on the pp and if he doesn't have that, he has nuthin'.

Quote:
I liked Sam Gagner though. You can tell he's young out there but you can see the skill and play making ability.
I agree, although I do have a problem with an organization putting young guys in their top 6 and relying on them to carry a large portion of their scoring. Cogliano showed some speed, but I think the Oilers are going to have a tough time this year unless they can pull off a trade for a legit top 6 nhl player.

Quote:
..and yeah, those Oil jerseys are pretty rough. I like plain and simple but they might as well play in a white t-shirt.
Exactly. The jackets jersey's are a nice balance between defined yet plain, knowwhatimean? The panther's are on the other side of the spectrum and way too busy and not to mention flat out oogly.

Old
10-09-2007, 07:24 AM
beba91

Quote:
Originally Posted by willien View Post
Did you watch any of that game?

First off, the oilers uniforms look like practice jersey's. What is the deal with teams putting no striping around the bottom? Edmonton and Toronto and even Tampa have the plainest jersey's I have seen and they look terrible. What a shame. Thing that is annoying is you just know they are going to change them again for next year

Secondly, that game looked like summer hockey--no hitting, nobody stopped, they just played the game in big circles. The oilers can definately skate with the wings, but make too many mistakes in their own end.

Watching the Oilers offensively-abled d made me envious--we don't have anything like that.

Joni Pitkanen is a stud and on one play was the first forechecker in to keep a play alive and when the puck came back the other way, he beat three of his own players back.

I thought it was a pretty boring game to watch--if you like a wide open, no hitting game that lacked intensity, that game was the one for you!
Yeah I did watch and your right it was really boring and the fans at the Joe didn't help either. I like the Oil..they're the youngest team in the NHL after us. Watching their young talent is really fun but detroit ruined it because when I was watching San Jose vs Edmonton it was a totally different game..hitting..back and forth hockey.

Old
10-09-2007, 07:30 AM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
...and yeah, those Oil jerseys are pretty rough. I like plain and simple but they might as well play in a white t-shirt.
Harder to look at (choose): Edmonton home or the new/retro Caps home jersey? Both are Gawd-awful

Old
10-09-2007, 07:51 AM
MFRONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213 Sentinel View Post
Harder to look at (choose): Edmonton home or the new/retro Caps home jersey? Both are Gawd-awful
The Caps red sweater is easily one of the best in the league

Old
10-09-2007, 07:54 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
The Caps red sweater is easily one of the best in the league
I agree. I especially like their red ones.

Old
10-09-2007, 08:53 AM
213 Sentinel

I've only seen the white one. Ugh. I'll have to check the red one out.

Old
10-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Yeah, the Red Caps one = good. Caps white = ehhhh....

Old
10-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Aging Goalie

I think the one of the worst in the league is the Ducks. Come on what are they trying to say with that mini logo on there? Whoaaa look at us our players are so big that our logo looks small on them

Closed Thread