HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL (All NHL talk/news in this thread)

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2007, 04:12 PM
hashmarks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Not at all. I was just shaking my head at him actually scoring a goal. I didn't even know he could still do it.
Ah, gotcha.

Old
10-11-2007, 04:17 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Hmmm...because the Legion of Doom never won a Cup so they were hardly "unstoppable". Nor did Don Cherry's gooned up version of the Big Bad Bruins. Even a team like Anaheim who is know for its rough and tumble style of play has a guy like Andy McDonald who has speed and skill--or for that matter Scott Niedermayer who isn't exactly the most imposing physical specimen. The fact of the matter is that this "size matters" version of hockey you seem so fond of does not win championships. Inevitably when you build a team of bulked up forwards, you become slow. Just take a look at Anaheim this year versus last. They've added size but lost skill and speed. And the results are less than impressive.

Oakee doakee then. You have convinced me, we should have added Mike Comrie

Yes, size does matter, but not as much as smarts and competitve level, THAT is what I am fond of.

Comrie has never been able to bring his game to that next level. If he was capable of that, with his puck skills he would be a sought after commodity, not an afterthought on jumbled up bad teams.

Old
10-11-2007, 05:07 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by willien View Post
Oakee doakee then. You have convinced me, we should have added Mike Comrie

Yes, size does matter, but not as much as smarts and competitve level, THAT is what I am fond of.

Comrie has never been able to bring his game to that next level. If he was capable of that, with his puck skills he would be a sought after commodity, not an afterthought on jumbled up bad teams.
Oh, here we go with the clairvoyance regarding Comrie's competitive level. Based on what is Comrie not a competitor? Two thirty goal seasons? Two sixty point seasons? His solid play durin last year's Stanley Cup playoffs? Or is it based on hockey media reports coming from the bitter Canadian press who can't stand it when a guy doesn't want to play for one of Canada's teams? Its funny to me how Toronto's favorite son, Eric Lindros, managed to be forgiven for his sins, but Chris Pronger and Mike Comrie will forever be hated for what they did Edmonton (which is, incidentally, nothing compared to what their incompetent boob of a GM is doing to that team on a daily basis).

Bryan Murray, not generally considered a hockey dunce, thought so much of Comrie he traded for him not once, but twice--when he was in Anaheim, Murray lined up a deal that would have sent Corey Perry to Edmonton for Comrie, only for Lowe to ship him to Philly at the last minute.

And, what did his new team have to say about him this summer?

Quote:
"We really wanted Mike Comrie because (coach) Ted Nolan, the scouts and I were unanimous in wanting to bring his offensive production, creativity and competitiveness to our team,"
As for hockey smarts, what does TSN have to say about that...

Quote:
above-average hockey sense
I think your irrational hatred of Comrie is downright amusing considering that he shares a lot in common with one Michael Peca. They are nearly identical in size. Both missed significant playing time as a result of a contract dispute. Both have played for the Islanders. Both missed significant time last season with injuries (Peca moreso than Comrie). And neither one has won a Stanley Cup.

I guess the key differences are that Peca has two Selkes, while Comrie is 6 years younger and dating Hillary Duff.

Old
10-11-2007, 07:19 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Oh, here we go with the clairvoyance regarding Comrie's competitive level. Based on what is Comrie not a competitor? Two thirty goal seasons? Two sixty point seasons? His solid play durin last year's Stanley Cup playoffs? Or is it based on hockey media reports coming from the bitter Canadian press who can't stand it when a guy doesn't want to play for one of Canada's teams? Its funny to me how Toronto's favorite son, Eric Lindros, managed to be forgiven for his sins, but Chris Pronger and Mike Comrie will forever be hated for what they did Edmonton (which is, incidentally, nothing compared to what their incompetent boob of a GM is doing to that team on a daily basis).

Bryan Murray, not generally considered a hockey dunce, thought so much of Comrie he traded for him not once, but twice--when he was in Anaheim, Murray lined up a deal that would have sent Corey Perry to Edmonton for Comrie, only for Lowe to ship him to Philly at the last minute.

And, what did his new team have to say about him this summer?

As for hockey smarts, what does TSN have to say about that...

I think your irrational hatred of Comrie is downright amusing considering that he shares a lot in common with one Michael Peca. They are nearly identical in size. Both missed significant playing time as a result of a contract dispute. Both have played for the Islanders. Both missed significant time last season with injuries (Peca moreso than Comrie). And neither one has won a Stanley Cup.

I guess the key differences are that Peca has two Selkes, while Comrie is 6 years younger and dating Hillary Duff.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... .....

I don't like the guy, I have my reasons, I'm done.

Old
10-11-2007, 07:26 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... .....

I don't like the guy, I have my reasons, I'm done.
What great logic and reasoning. Once again I'm wowed by your maturity. The all-knowing Willien who can read into the hearts and minds of all NHL players better than GM's, coaches or even players themselves.

Old
10-11-2007, 07:37 PM
hashmarks

What kind of suspension does everyone think that Boulerice should get. I am not sure, but I think he has had a prior in '99 or so--that was a brutal X-check and I could see this being a HUGE suspension.

Simon got 25 for his stick swinging incident, this guy should be in at least that ball park. What a dough-head.

Old
10-11-2007, 08:07 PM
BZArcher

20 wouldn't shock me at all!

Old
10-11-2007, 08:10 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZArcher View Post
20 wouldn't shock me at all!
I just watched it over on youtube and it is truly brutal. Then the guy dangles his gloves and is smack talking Kesler as he is lying on the ice. 20 will probably be the floor on this one.

Old
10-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Boulerice's punishment should be a fight with Downey...

Old
10-11-2007, 08:33 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

Send a message via Yahoo to The Dancin' Beaver
'Yotes are playing pretty well against the Preds tonight. Up 3 -1 in really late in the second. Maybe Pheonix had something to do with the second period let down last night after all?

Old
10-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Atlanta continues to lose......down 5-0 to to Buffalo....

Old
10-11-2007, 08:58 PM
CBJSlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
That is because they are not a very good hockey team.

Old
10-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
Ya, but they made the playoffs last year...they don't look very good now...

Old
10-11-2007, 10:23 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

Send a message via Yahoo to The Dancin' Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
They should have resigned Tkachuk.

Old
10-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dancin' Beaver View Post
They should have resigned Tkachuk.
They sure thought he was worth a lot when they traded for him.

Old
10-11-2007, 11:53 PM
MFRONE

The Yotes put up 6 in Nashville tonight

Old
10-12-2007, 08:14 AM
MaddMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
Just an FYI,

At this point (after 3 games) we are the only team to have scored on Minny. They also faced Chicago and Edmonton. Not feeling too bad about that one.

Funny, I was just thinking about that yesterday too.

So far, the only people to have scored on the amazing Backstrom and the mighty defensive Minnesota Wild are Ron Hainsey and Adam Foote.
I'm not too sure that many people would have predicted that.

Old
10-12-2007, 08:32 AM
hashmarks

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=429060

Post #2 isn't the most glowing report from our former #6 d man. Poor guy.

Old
10-12-2007, 08:37 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddMan View Post
Funny, I was just thinking about that yesterday too.

So far, the only people to have scored on the amazing Backstrom and the mighty defensive Minnesota Wild are Ron Hainsey and Adam Foote.
I'm not too sure that many people would have predicted that.
Haha.. no doubt.

Can't say I'm complaining to much as Backstrom is cleaning up for me in fantasy play.

Minny is strong at home, lets see if they come back to earth once they hit the road.

Old
10-12-2007, 11:35 AM
chaking

"Pascal Leclaire, G, Blue Jackets: Let me be clear here; his perceived value has gone up. That's all. He's still Pascal Leclaire and I wouldn't touch him with a borrowed 10-foot pole. Back-to-back shuthouts doesn't change the fact that Leclaire had a .897 save percentage last season and that the Blue Jackets are, and I can't stress this enough, a terrible, terrible team. There are very few wins to be had here, and a whole lot of damage to be done to your save percentage and goals-against average. Don't do it." LINK

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I just wanted to make sure we remembered this at the end of the season. I guess everyone just considers names when they think of how good a team will be. I could be wrong, but it sure doesn't seem like we're a "terrible, terrible team"...

pisses me off lol...

Old
10-12-2007, 02:03 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaking View Post
"Pascal Leclaire, G, Blue Jackets: Let me be clear here; his perceived value has gone up. That's all. He's still Pascal Leclaire and I wouldn't touch him with a borrowed 10-foot pole. Back-to-back shuthouts doesn't change the fact that Leclaire had a .897 save percentage last season and that the Blue Jackets are, and I can't stress this enough, a terrible, terrible team. There are very few wins to be had here, and a whole lot of damage to be done to your save percentage and goals-against average. Don't do it." LINK

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I just wanted to make sure we remembered this at the end of the season. I guess everyone just considers names when they think of how good a team will be. I could be wrong, but it sure doesn't seem like we're a "terrible, terrible team"...

pisses me off lol...
Ouch. Seems a little early to make such sure sounding assumptions.

Old
10-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
They're not the only ones, apparently... seems like there've been quite a few blowout games in the last few days. Man I'd **** myself if we beat somebody 8-0

Old
10-12-2007, 02:34 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaking View Post

pisses me off lol...
I can't wait for this team to shove it straight down a dolts like this' throat.

Old
10-12-2007, 02:57 PM
hashmarks

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=220462&hubname=nhl

Boulerice given 25 games. Tied for the longest suspension for on-ice incidents (Chris Simon).

Somewhere in the 25-30 range is what I was expecting.

Old
10-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=220462&hubname=nhl

Boulerice given 25 games. Tied for the longest suspension for on-ice incidents (Chris Simon).

Somewhere in the 25-30 range is what I was expecting.
Cheap shot. 25 seems about right. Simon's was an incident involving the stick as well.

Closed Thread