HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O/T but relevant, Yanks to start playoffs on Thursday @ 6:30, same as opening day

Old
09-30-2007, 04:42 PM
danno2530

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Upon thinking, here's how it will go:

Rangers game starts at 7..probably a ceremony so it ends between 9:30 and 10. Yankees game starts at 8, which since it's the playoffs means 8:25. The Yanks will be in the top of the 5th inning by the time the Rangers game ends, leaving time to go over to Stout and catch the end. Problem solved.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Does nobody have picture in picture??

I'll be at the Rangers game so no baseball for me. I'll keep an eye on the scoreboard tho...hehehe.

-B

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2007, 06:19 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
huge yankees fan here, and what brutal timing this is because I have tickets to the opener. Was assuming they would go tue-wed -off day thursday like usual but this whole TBS broadcasting the playoffs is screwing the playoff schedule up. I've got a decision to make I guess
If you want to stay home and watch the Yankees, I know somebody that is willing to take the Ranger tickets off your hands...

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

OT: I was at the mets game Friday nite - they lost of course - don't worry not a met fan. Just there for the beer. But i did enjoy the "Lets go Rangers" chants walking down the stairs!

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post

Rangers game starts at 7..probably a ceremony so it ends between 9:30 and 10. Yankees game starts at 8, which since it's the playoffs means 8:25. The Yanks will be in the top of the 5th inning by the time the Rangers game ends, leaving time to go over to Stout and catch the end. Problem solved.
Happy Birfday !

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Gametimes is at 6:30 fellas.

this is bad bad bad news for us.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 04:27 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

IM a huge yankess fan too, but the Rangers come first.

I will DVR the Rangers game and switch to the Yankees every so often and during commercials - BUT i have beautiful PIP option on my tv which i will use to its full abilities. I can watch both at the same time.

Huge months for sports. If you are a sports fan it doesnt get any better than October.

Really dont care how much exposure the Rangers get or not. Doesnt matter right now. Itll matter in June

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 04:40 PM
In The Flesh

From now on its hockey ONLY!! I'll watch the WS under two conditions.
1. the yankees aren't in it
2. the cubs are in it

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 04:43 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
huge yankees fan here, and what brutal timing this is because I have tickets to the opener. Was assuming they would go tue-wed -off day thursday like usual but this whole TBS broadcasting the playoffs is screwing the playoff schedule up. I've got a decision to make I guess
You have to be kidding me? Tape the yankees crap, go to the Ranger game.

Old
10-01-2007, 04:46 PM
IsleFan4Life*

Die Hard Yankee fan here , pip might help , or just set up 2 TV'S . On sunday its crazy in my house sunday ticket on all three tv's. Also now with center ice on pc,could watch Rags on computer while watching Yankees on TV.

How about those METS [There Amazin ] what a choke job

IsleFan4Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleFan4Life View Post
Die Hard Yankee fan here , pip might help , or just set up 2 TV'S . On sunday its crazy in my house sunday ticket on all three tv's. Also now with center ice on pc,could watch Rags on computer while watching Yankees on TV.

Why would you watch the Rags if your an Isle fan for life?

Oh..how about those yankees, gonna lose in the first round again?

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 04:56 PM
300mph

eh, I was planning on watching the yankee game and flipping back to the ranger game every now and again. but now I scored some tickets to the opener with some friends. so I'll just get txt-message updates from my brother. >_>;

300mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 04:59 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleFan4Life View Post

Dude what a choke is was when the Red Sox came back on the yankees down 3-0 to win the series. i think thats a bigger choke. *****.

BTW i never met an Isles for Life fan that went out of his way to watch the Rangers let only be a yankees fan, c'mon, poser. Go over to the dead Isles board.

Old
10-01-2007, 05:07 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I bet if you go to the game, they'll have the game up in between periods with constant live updates. I'll be listening for the fans randomly cheering and "aawwwing" in disappointment.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 05:11 PM
ghirshorn

I will definitely be watching the Yankees game on my TV and the Rangers game will be playing on my online center ice account which is free for week 1! Go Rangers and Yanks!

ghirshorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 05:16 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post

i'm not 100% positive but i think first pitch on thursday is 6:37. by the time the rangers game ends mariano should be warming up.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Dude what a choke is was when the Red Sox came back on the yankees down 3-0 to win the series. i think thats a bigger choke. *****.

BTW i never met an Isles for Life fan that went out of his way to watch the Rangers let only be a yankees fan, c'mon, poser. Go over to the dead Isles board.
The Yankees choke job is the worst in history...but...that was 3 years ago and the sting is gone for Yankees fans...

how do you feel today?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 05:30 PM
NYROrtsFan

Plus the Yanks have 3 of the best young pitching prospects in the league who will make a big impact over the next bunch of years. Joba, Hughes, and Kennedy. All loook good and all are extremely young. Wang isn't exactly old either.

As far as the playoffs go, this is AWFUL news... Can't believe the game is at 6:30 too. Was really hoping for an 8:30 start.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 05:31 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I'm thrilled the Phillies are finally in. I think a Phillies vs. Yankees series would be exciting.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 05:34 PM
wereback

Quote:

No, the 2007 mets are the BIGGEST choke job of all time....while the Yanks did choke....at least they lost to a team that won the world series....the METS lost to Florida...Washington....come on....7 up with 17 to go......CHOKE JOB....take it like a good loser mets fans.....yanks did when we lost in 2004...

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
No, the 2007 mets are the BIGGEST choke job of all time....while the Yanks did choke....at least they lost to a team that won the world series....the METS lost to Florida...Washington....come on....7 up with 17 to go......CHOKE JOB....take it like a good loser mets fans.....yanks did when we lost in 2004...
this is not the time to rub in in there faces....the yankees have accomplished zip this season...

why give them ammo when in a week we can all be in the same boat? let the mets fan live in there own misery...we have bigger fish to fry...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 07:47 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
You have to be kidding me? Tape the yankees crap, go to the Ranger game.
Stop telling him that!!!! If he wants to watch the Yankees, that's fine with me. I'll take his Ranger tickets... I'm serious. I will. nyrmess... pm me if you want to unload those Ranger tix.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 07:52 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnightRU View Post
I'm thrilled the Phillies are finally in. I think a Phillies vs. Yankees series would be exciting.
why are you over here. **** the phillies, the yanks would trample them in 4, wow I can't believe I said that.

Old
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
yea,its real easy to be a yanks fan win every ***** 5 yrs, go to the playoffs every damn season, its real easy, cause when they lose, you know the'll be back.

LETS GO RANGERS, LETS GO METS, J..E..T..S JETS, JETS, JETS

Old
10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
DarthSather99

Anyone know what time the Met game starts

The Evil Empire strikes again ......

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote