HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Hackett

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 03:19 PM
jplush76

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
Jeff Hackett

Ok it needed to be started.

I had such low hopes for the guy and he's lived up to it. He seems more of a headcase than Roman. Doesn't look like his head is into it. Alot of mental mistakes are being made.

The team seems much more confident with Esche in net lately. How long do we keep trying Hackett? Does anyone think this will really be the goalie duo down the playoff stretch? Joseph is off the market now with Hasek's injury.

Old
01-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Dr Love

Considering that Hackett has a NTC and they are high on Esche, it will be the goalie duo going into the playoffs. Before the season started Hitchcock said he would decide on a #1 only when it was clear that one is playing better than the other. Well Ken, that time is now, because Hackett has been terrible and Esche has clearly played better. Esche needs to start more, and soon.

Old
01-09-2004, 03:28 PM
jplush76

Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
Esche has really played better than I expected him to. Curious to see how he'd stand up as the #1 guy.

I'll tell you what... if Hackett didn't get that one win recently his ass would have been benched.

Old
01-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Winston Wolf

Someone on this team needs to step up - and injure Hack it.

Old
01-09-2004, 05:28 PM
BrindA17

Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Someone on this team needs to step up - and injure Hack it.
Just give Brash a few cold ones, tell him that Hackup was talkin' 'bout his mamma', and consider it done .

Old
01-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Steve L*

Everyone knows you can beat Hackett from *anywhere* just by shooting high glove side.

Bulin hasnt played the last two games so Im hoping it could be a run up to a trade then Hackett can be sent down so he can play against Irbe where he belongs.

Old
01-09-2004, 05:42 PM
RoDu

how about all who go to the Flyers games boo Hackett every time he touches the puck, he doesn't seem to be getting hurt which is unusual, but maybe you could atleast hurt his feelings

Old
01-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Brad*

Hackett has more or less played himself out of the starting job. For much of the year, Hackett and Esche were playing about equally well but when Esche became hurt and Hackett had to carry the load Jeff faulterd, to say the least - and hasn't recovered yet.

I agree with Dr Love, its time for Hitchcock to make the decision to go with Esche. Give him advantage in starts and get him geared up to be a playoff starter.

Old
01-09-2004, 06:48 PM
MojoJojo

The pressure is on Esche to perform. If he can maintain his pace for the rest of the season, great. If not, how about a big trade.

We give up some big assets like Comrie or Pitkanen for a real goalie. This team would scare the pants off of most of the league if we had a top five goalie. Even if we traded both Comrie and Pitkanen for a young franchise goalie like Theodore or Luongo, we would be able to ice pretty much the same team we had going into last years playoffs, but be rock solid in net for a change.

Old
01-10-2004, 09:00 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Is Nittymaki that bad?? How did he not get a start while Esche was down. Please excuse my lack of knowledge but I haven't seen him play at all. I have however, seen Hackett and can't figure out...how does a guy like Jeff Hackett get a "no trade clause?"
Stop splitting the starts at least Hitch...you're gonna get us another great first round matc up. :mad:

Old
01-10-2004, 10:07 AM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
yeah, I think it's about over for Hackett as far as being the starter. like others have said, Esche has played very solid and has definitely out played Hackett. I think that all of our hopes and dreams rest with Esche and how he holds up this year because I don't see Clarke trading for another goalie this year.

Old
01-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
Is Nittymaki that bad?? How did he not get a start while Esche was down. Please excuse my lack of knowledge but I haven't seen him play at all. I have however, seen Hackett and can't figure out...how does a guy like Jeff Hackett get a "no trade clause?"
Stop splitting the starts at least Hitch...you're gonna get us another great first round matc up. :mad:
No, Niittymäki isn't a bad goalie. He's having a strong season with the Phantoms. But I just think he needs to complete his second year in AHL to hope a spot with the big club.
But I agree on the fact that it would be nice to see him on one game or two, just to see...

Old
01-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Fla.Flyer.Fan

Esche has out played Hackett by far. The only bad game I can recall from Esche was the TB game. There's no way to know how he's gonna act if/when he becomes the #1 guy until it happens - so lets find out already!

Old
01-10-2004, 03:12 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
Is Nittymaki that bad?? How did he not get a start while Esche was down.
I would have liked to have seen Niitty make a start also. I just think that Hitch is so invloved and worried about winning so much that he didn't want to start him if he didn't have to.

Old
01-11-2004, 02:51 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kffk
Hackett know he sucks. Watch any home game that he plays in when he allows a goal he looks around and he looks like he is gonna cry. Makes me giggle.
some of those goals made me want to cry

Old
01-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kffk
Hackett know he sucks. Watch any home game that he plays in when he allows a goal he looks around and he looks like he is gonna cry. Makes me giggle.
which reminds me,I always end up feeling bad for him whenever I bad mouth him. But as soon as I begin to forgive him,he goes and messes up again. I've found a good solution for this: Don't forgive him anymore

Old
01-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18
which reminds me,I always end up feeling bad for him whenever I bad mouth him. But as soon as I begin to forgive him,he goes and messes up again. I've found a good solution for this: Don't forgive him anymore
Spoken like a true woman.

Old
01-11-2004, 07:01 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
Spoken like a true woman.

Closed Thread