HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Prospect depth....

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2004, 11:06 AM
  #1
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,287
vCash: 500
Prospect depth....

I was looking at the Habs prospect depth compared to other NHL teams, and it's great to see how when we have an injury we can call up quality players from our farm team, whether it be in goal, on defence or in the forward ranks, we are a stacked organization, this team has done a great job of drafting, it's been well documented on how good AS picks have been and will hopefully be, Balej, Perezhogin, Hainsey, Komisarek should all be solid NHL players but now even Houle draft picks, Ryder, Ward and Markov are making their mark in the NHL...

I'm just happy that when we call up players, they are not AHL fodder for the most part, like David Oliver, Josh Langfeld, Mike Mowers for example...it almost makes these 10 years of suffering worth while, with the uncertainty facing the NHL these days, buliding through your draft and organization will be key in the future for teams to prosper, and happily, the Habs have a leg up on the competition...

417 is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 12:21 PM
  #2
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I was looking at the Habs prospect depth compared to other NHL teams, and it's great to see how when we have an injury we can call up quality players from our farm team, whether it be in goal, on defence or in the forward ranks, we are a stacked organization, this team has done a great job of drafting, it's been well documented on how good AS picks have been and will hopefully be, Balej, Perezhogin, Hainsey, Komisarek should all be solid NHL players but now even Houle draft picks, Ryder, Ward and Markov are making their mark in the NHL...

I'm just happy that when we call up players, they are not AHL fodder for the most part, like David Oliver, Josh Langfeld, Mike Mowers for example...it almost makes these 10 years of suffering worth while, with the uncertainty facing the NHL these days, buliding through your draft and organization will be key in the future for teams to prosper, and happily, the Habs have a leg up on the competition...
Hainsey was selected by Houle.

Corey is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 12:21 PM
  #3
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Balej was also selected by Houle.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 12:22 PM
  #4
Cayouche5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,741
vCash: 500
Hossa was also selected by Mr.Peanut

Cayouche5 is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 12:24 PM
  #5
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,123
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
That all goes to prove IMHO, that draft day is like a day in Vegas.

Even if you can to count cards, it'll always stay a gamble.

Dutchy is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 12:29 PM
  #6
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayouche5
Hossa was also selected by Mr.Peanut

My bad for Hainsey, Hossa, and Balej, but my point was I remember when we had injuries we had to call up, Jim Campbell or David Ling, i'm just glad thoses days are done

417 is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 01:47 PM
  #7
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,957
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
My bad for Hainsey, Hossa, and Balej, but my point was I remember when we had injuries we had to call up, Jim Campbell or David Ling, i'm just glad thoses days are done
Juha Lind?

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 02:02 PM
  #8
Marmax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Juha Lind?
Forgot Juha Lind, Andrei Bashkirov always been my favorite

Marmax is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 02:26 PM
  #9
Beatnik
Registered User
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,637
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmax
Forgot Juha Lind, Andrei Bashkirov always been my favorite
Bahh! no one is close to Robert Dirk IMHO
He's only 37 I hope he'll make a comeback!

Beatnik is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 05:19 PM
  #10
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
You can also add Jason Dawe, the Delisles, Pierre Sevigny, Eric Houde.....we had some awesome forward depth during the Houle era.

turnbuckle* is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 05:38 PM
  #11
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,052
vCash: 597
what about Eric Landry? Eric Bertrand? Johan Witehall? Dave Morrisette?

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 06:00 PM
  #12
Marmax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik
Bahh! no one is close to Robert Dirk IMHO
He's only 37 I hope he'll make a comeback!
I was amazed by Bashkirov blazing speed but that guy couldn't finish to save his life. If he was ever to get a shot on goal, it was usually by mistake,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the habs fan
what about Eric Landry? Eric Bertrand? Johan Witehall? Dave Morrisette?
Oh my god Johan Witehall... I was almost crying everytime he was on ice. He would probably have hard time to crack a midget AAA roster.

Marmax is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 11:06 PM
  #13
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
what about Eric Landry? Eric Bertrand? Johan Witehall? Dave Morrisette?
Personally, I thought Landry was better than Gratton. The guy had some good speed, and was a great agitator. He added a lot of energy in one of his stints, but didn't show it again after coming back from injury I believe, so he never got another chance.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 12:42 AM
  #14
HabsBaby18*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brossard
Posts: 1,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
You can also add Jason Dawe, the Delisles, Pierre Sevigny, Eric Houde.....we had some awesome forward depth during the Houle era.
Xavier delisles you mean ? ... I remember that guy when he scored the first goal of the season in 2000-2001 if I remember well ... It was VS the Devils and he was on a breakaway and he felt but still on is way of fallin , he scored in the top of the net and also the first goal of the season for the Canadiens , and after that , he played like 1 other game , and we never saw him again lolll.

Come back Xavier , Come Back lolll

HabsBaby18* is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 06:41 AM
  #15
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,355
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Hainsey was selected by Houle.
His contract expire this year right ? I wonder if he'll take a cut :p

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 07:00 AM
  #16
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Personally, I thought Landry was better than Gratton. The guy had some good speed, and was a great agitator. He added a lot of energy in one of his stints, but didn't show it again after coming back from injury I believe, so he never got another chance.

He's playing for a swiss team on a line with...Oleg Petrov and Andrei Bashkirov!!!!

deandebean is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 07:57 AM
  #17
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
He's playing for a swiss team on a line with...Oleg Petrov and Andrei Bashkirov!!!!
I know! What an excellent line, eh? I wonder who the finisher for that line is.

Actually, last I saw he either quit the team or was released a few weeks ago.

I wasn't saying Landry was NHL calibre, just that I liked what he brought more than what Gratton brought.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 11:31 AM
  #18
Crusher20
Registered User
 
Crusher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 4,645
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Desagree, Gratton is more gritty and seems alot more confident at the NHL level... Landry was playing a good first game evertime called up, but after that he was totally lost on the ice, no confidence in all area of the game while Gratton is realiable and effective!
no doubt gratton is superior.

Crusher20 is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 01:05 PM
  #19
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsBaby18
Xavier delisles you mean ? ... I remember that guy when he scored the first goal of the season in 2000-2001 if I remember well ... It was VS the Devils and he was on a breakaway and he felt but still on is way of fallin , he scored in the top of the net and also the first goal of the season for the Canadiens , and after that , he played like 1 other game , and we never saw him again lolll.

Come back Xavier , Come Back lolll
He he...Yep, he was the second Delisle in the organization...there was also Jonathon Delisle, who, at one time, was one of our best fowards in the minors. He got one game with the Habs. Thankfully, times have changed.

turnbuckle* is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 01:40 PM
  #20
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
what about Eric Landry? Eric Bertrand? Johan Witehall? Dave Morrisette?
Witehall was a Savard acquisition if i'm not mistaken. How many games did Bertrand play for the Habs? Certainly not memorable that's for sure.

If we want to include defencemen that graced Hab uniforms under Reggie: Ciccione, Shannon, Naisderrenne, Laflamme, Guren, Groleau...wow. Quite a formidable crop.

turnbuckle* is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 02:15 PM
  #21
KnuklZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
Witehall was a Savard acquisition if i'm not mistaken. How many games did Bertrand play for the Habs? Certainly not memorable that's for sure.

If we want to include defencemen that graced Hab uniforms under Reggie: Ciccione, Shannon, Naisderrenne, Laflamme, Guren, Groleau...wow. Quite a formidable crop.
I think Whitehall was picked up off Waivers by Peanut. Reason: Johan Whitehall left the Habs in June 2001 to play in the Swiss League, which was before Savard took over as GM.

KnuklZ is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 02:18 PM
  #22
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,052
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuklZ
I think Whitehall was picked up off Waivers by Peanut. Reason: Johan Whitehall left the Habs in June 2001 to play in the Swiss League, which was before Savard took over as GM.

No it wasn't. AS took over in late 2000.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 02:26 PM
  #23
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
Witehall was a Savard acquisition if i'm not mistaken. How many games did Bertrand play for the Habs? Certainly not memorable that's for sure.

If we want to include defencemen that graced Hab uniforms under Reggie: Ciccione, Shannon, Naisderrenne, Laflamme, Guren, Groleau...wow. Quite a formidable crop.
Yeah, Witehall was picked up by Savard. Madden was responsible for drafting him in NY, and liked his game so they brought him here. I didn't think he was *that* bad, at least not compared to the rest of the rag tag bunch.

Groleau was terrible and is playing in the QSPHL now I think. Laflamme was almost as bad, and he's a 6/7th defenseman in St.Louis sadly enough (they can thank Vigneault for that).


Plekanec: I don't know what you're talking about with the 'Landry was playing a good first game evertime called up, but after that he was totally lost on the ice' bit. He wasn't called up much. In fact, he was only called up twice in three years with the franchise.

The first time he was called up, he played 50+ games. The second time he played 2 games.

The first callup he played good strong aggravating hockey. He was faster than Gratton and a far better hitter. Not so different from Begin, but less strength and not as good a hitter. Basically, a poor man's Begin (which means he ain't NHL calibre). Then he suffered an injury after 20 games, and when he got back he was brutal out there and was eventually sent down.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 06:01 PM
  #24
Maithz
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
3 forgotten players :


Mick Vukuta


Alain Nasredinne


Pat Jablonski

 
Old
01-09-2004, 03:37 AM
  #25
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65
3 forgotten players :


Mick Vukuta


Alain Nasredinne


Pat Jablonski
Not sure if this was during the Houle era, but does anyone remember


Patrick Carnback!!!???


I think he was later traded to the Ducks or something like that

417 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.