HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

See you next year Ziggy (update with quotes)

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Frolov

vCash: 500
See you next year Ziggy (update with quotes)

Courtesy of http://www.lakings.com/news/news_detail.asp?id=1288

What went into the feeling to have surgery rather than rehab?
Ziggy: ?Most important thing is what the doctor said. He recommended surgery so I have to believe in and give him support and believe he will make me better.?

Ziggy, what are your plans now? Do you plan to stay in LA and rehab here?
Ziggy: ?It depends on the doctor. I want to stay and do 100% rehab here.?

Dave, is this your worst nightmare?
Dave: ?Well, it certainly was bad news and it?s very tough for Ziggy as a person. He?s been a great player?we hope everything goes well and we get Ziggy ready for next season.?

Dave, how are you going to fill the void?
Dave: ?I don?t know if we can, we don?t have a player who can step in. We?re going to have to play better as a team.?

Does that mean you?re not going outside to fill the void?
Dave: ?We?re always looking but we won?t mortgage our future. Our team will have to battle to overcome this, but we will continue to play hard.?

How do you look at the way you?re playing this year?
Ziggy: ?It?s hard, my priority right now is to get healthy. I try to do my best every night, do what I can for the team every night. I don?t know what?s going to happen next year, but I want to stay here. I like to play my role, to help my team; it?s not about me. It?s going to be tough for me to see my team on the ice without me.?

Looks like Ziggy realy wants to resign with the Kings.

Old
01-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Douggy

I wonder if he'll still play for Slovakia in September?

Old
01-09-2004, 05:21 PM
MoS*

though i sympathize with the kings, but they did dig their own graves.
-deadmarsh was injury prone with concussion problems before he was traded to la
-allison too, had one major injury before coming to la
-straka? trading for him could only lead to one thing
-and throughout his career, palffy had been on-off with injuries

sure they won their trades for allison, deadmarsh, straka and palffy but they had better known they were getting damaged goods. they have a brilliant gm and has made some great trades, but with what you pay is the value you receive

Old
01-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Frolov

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
though i sympathize with the kings, but they did dig their own graves.
-deadmarsh was injury prone with concussion problems before he was traded to la
-allison too, had one major injury before coming to la
-straka? trading for him could only lead to one thing
-and throughout his career, palffy had been on-off with injuries

sure they won their trades for allison, deadmarsh, straka and palffy but they had better known they were getting damaged goods. they have a brilliant gm and has made some great trades, but with what you pay is the value you receive

What are you talking about?

Straka hasn't missed a game due to injury yet and he's not realy injury prone. He had a very bad year luck wise but he's not damaged goods.

Allison was coming off a 95 point season and with only one major injury in his career. Not bad ehh?

Palffy was coming off 3 back-to-back 40 goal seasons where he played over 80 games a season in thsoe 3 years.

Other then Deadmarsh you realy have no arguement.

Old
01-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Douggy

I agree. The Kings have just been unlucky. If it ever comes together though... but how long have I been saying that?

Old
01-09-2004, 05:35 PM
MoS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov
What are you talking about?

Straka hasn't missed a game due to injury yet and he's not realy injury prone. He had a very bad year luck wise but he's not damaged goods.

Allison was coming off a 95 point season and with only one major injury in his career. Not bad ehh?

Palffy was coming off 3 back-to-back 40 goal seasons where he played over 80 games a season in thsoe 3 years.

Other then Deadmarsh you realy have no arguement.
um...

straka missed 91 games in the last two years and before his 2nd complete season in the nhl in 2001, he missed 97 games in the prior five years

allison missed 45 games the year before he scored his 95 point season, might have been a fluke or might have been his durability, either way, taylor should have investigated

pallfy has missed 84 games in his last 5 years. he played only 50 games with the islanders the year he was traded

miller has missed 143 games in his last 7 years

i don't know why your guys tend to get injured so much. you could either go with the theory that the hockey-gods hate them or you could perhaps try to be critical of the fact, DT traded for a bunch of injury-prone guys to begin with

Old
01-09-2004, 10:12 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
um...

straka missed 91 games in the last two years and before his 2nd complete season in the nhl in 2001, he missed 97 games in the prior five years

allison missed 45 games the year before he scored his 95 point season, might have been a fluke or might have been his durability, either way, taylor should have investigated

pallfy has missed 84 games in his last 5 years. he played only 50 games with the islanders the year he was traded

i don't know why your guys tend to get injured so much. you could either go with the theory that the hockey-gods hate them or you could perhaps try to be critical of the fact, DT traded for a bunch of injury-prone guys to begin with
It's not like they gave up a whole lot for Straka. It was a salary dump trade after all.

I think Palffy's scoring outweighed any potential injury when he was traded for. Milbury's still getting flamed for it even though Palffy has been injured a few times.

Maybe the hockey gods cycle around. Mid to late 90s, it was the Canadiens that lost over 500 man games to the IR. Earlier than that, it was the Washington Capitals.

Old
01-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Rmrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
um...

Dude I don't get your theory, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. BTW, Palffy in 98-99 played in only 50 games because he held out.

Old
01-10-2004, 06:26 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
It's been a frustrating last 2 seasons. I have been watching hockey for 20 years and have never seen anything like this.
The Kings are on pace to shatter the all time man games lost to injury record. The are already in the 300's at the mid point of the season.

Old
01-10-2004, 06:52 AM
punchy1

It has to have something to do with the style of game that Andy is using. The Kings NEVER finish a check or a hit and this is because the theory is that if you stick and move you will develope a better transition game and generate better scoring chances.

That is true. The Kings score with the best of them. The trouble is that every team knows we won't hit them and they also know that we won't retaliate for cheap shots on our top players so they have at it. We get injured, we lose our best players, we lose out on a shot at the cup. I love Andy and his system is exactly what I would want for the playoffs. The trouble is, that you have to have a healthy enough team to GET to the playoffs first. His style isn't going to let our lads stay healthy enough to get to the playoffs or it hasn't proven out to yet. Time to try something new.

Andy is a great coach but, like John said, I have never seen anything like this happen before. To me, that means that you have to rule out coincidence and start looking at other possibilities. In this case, it is clear that the Kings play a non physical style of game and that has cost them in injured players. We need a coach who lets the lads hit as well as play a thinking game.

I hate to advocate Andy's leaving but, we aren't getting there with him, what would the difference be? He has had his run and hasn't done it. It is time, for me, to look to ANYTHING (with the exception of a rebuild or replacing DT) to fix the situation.

Old
01-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
Palffy missed 32 games in 99-00 since he did not have a contract, not because he was injured. Before that, Ziggy played seasons of 82, 80, and 81 games. You can certainly argue that the other players listed were injury prone (/accident prone, etc.) prior to coming to LA but not with Palffy.

Closed Thread