HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphians Strike Again !

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2004, 08:30 AM
blah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
It's bad...not relevent to Football. Put yourself in Favre's place...betcha you sing a different tune. I know if I was Favre, I'd like to get my hands around the writer's neck.
It's not relevant but b/c Farve's dad passed the Packers now are a team of destiny is? That article is the other side of the story and I for one am glad it was published.

Old
01-10-2004, 08:30 AM
King Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
Philly is a dump, people booed Irvin when he was dying on the field ... I know it's only one guy but let's say that Philly reputation is not getting any better
It's not a dump you half wit, it's a city with good spots and bad spots along with good and bad people. GO AWAY FROG!

Old
01-10-2004, 08:32 AM
capn89*

Ok... well I'll probably get flamed for this, but... is any of the stuff mentioned in that story true? I mean about Farve & his father etc? I'm not a heartless person, I mean I feel for Brett, his father is gone and that's a tough thing to go through etc... but if any of that stuff is true, just because a guy is dead doesn't mean he suddenly becomes unaccountable for his past. I guess that's just me though.

Old
01-10-2004, 08:34 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
Ok... well I'll probably get flamed for this, but... is any of the stuff mentioned in that story true? I mean about Farve & his father etc? I'm not a heartless person, I mean I feel for Brett, his father is gone and that's a tough thing to go through etc... but if any of that stuff is true, just because a guy is dead doesn't mean he suddenly becomes unaccountable for his past. I guess that's just me though.
It's all true and most of it came from Farve's book.

Old
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish
It's not a dump you half wit, it's a city with good spots and bad spots along with good and bad people. GO AWAY FROG!
just like every other city in the world

Old
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
IMO, the Eagles fans are a completely different bread than the rest of the sports fans of the other teams in Philly. the majority are like a pack of rabid dogs and don't have an ounce of class. I've been to Eagles games(2 this year alone) and seen it all so I know what I'm talking about. now, I'm not throwing everyone into the fire because there are some really cool Eagles fans BUT, there are alot more of the bad ones then the Eagles fans will admit. the Eagles fans have a nation wide reputation of being hooligans and IMO, it is just. I also think that it is bad like this in some other NFL cities but that doesn't make it right.

Old
01-10-2004, 08:35 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
It's all true and most of it came from Farve's book.
good... then why should anyone on the outside pretend that he is anything more or less than he actually was?

Old
01-10-2004, 08:39 AM
blah

Quote:
good... then why should anyone on the outside pretend that he is anything more or less than he actually was?
People rarely let facts get in the way of their opinions and assumptions.

Old
01-10-2004, 08:41 AM
capn89*

Quote:
People rarely let facts get in the way of their opinions and assumptions.
so true

Old
01-10-2004, 09:10 AM
SouthFlyer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
IMO, the Eagles fans are a completely different bread than the rest of the sports fans of the other teams in Philly. the majority are like a pack of rabid dogs and don't have an ounce of class. I've been to Eagles games(2 this year alone) and seen it all so I know what I'm talking about. now, I'm not throwing everyone into the fire because there are some really cool Eagles fans BUT, there are alot more of the bad ones then the Eagles fans will admit. the Eagles fans have a nation wide reputation of being hooligans and IMO, it is just. I also think that it is bad like this in some other NFL cities but that doesn't make it right.

Its not just, and its Philly fans that get the tag. Philly fans get killed over and over and the samething happens it 10 other cities and very little is made of it. Remember the Browns fans killing the Refs with beer bottles three years ago? Giants fans throwing snow balls? To say there are a lot more bad Eagles fans then good is just ignorant. Do they wild and crazy and games? Sure, I wish there was more passion at Flyers games the way it use to be, before all the suits started to show up. But that does not make them bad, are they giving other fans a hard time? Good, as long as it does not cross the line. And seeing as how this year there has been very few problems at the Eagles games I would think few are crossing that line.

Old
01-10-2004, 10:07 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFlyer82
Its not just, and its Philly fans that get the tag. Philly fans get killed over and over and the samething happens it 10 other cities and very little is made of it. Remember the Browns fans killing the Refs with beer bottles three years ago? Giants fans throwing snow balls? To say there are a lot more bad Eagles fans then good is just ignorant. Do they wild and crazy and games? Sure, I wish there was more passion at Flyers games the way it use to be, before all the suits started to show up. But that does not make them bad, are they giving other fans a hard time? Good, as long as it does not cross the line. And seeing as how this year there has been very few problems at the Eagles games I would think few are crossing that line.
Very well said. heckling opposing fans & players is part of what makes home field/ice/court advantage an advantage. There's heckling, and crossing a line... Crossing a line is physically assaulting someone... what is being done to Brett Favre etc is heckling... Once you're in the spot light (as an athlete, actor, musician) you're putting yourself out there, and unfortunately, your life becomes public knowledge & if it's used to heckle you, that's too bad. What I'd be more afriad of, with the whole Favre issue is, some people take that sort of thing and thrive off of it. Some times the best weapon is silence. But I guess we'll see on Sunday Sunday Sunday.

Old
01-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Philly is a dump, people booed Irvin when he was dying on the field ... I know it's only one guy but let's say that Philly reputation is not getting any better
What you fail to realize is that by throwing out these vast generalizations about the people of Philadelphia, the city and just about anything else you can degrade, you're no better than the writer of this article.

If you aren't intelligent enough to realize that not all or even the majority of people in Philadelphia are like that, then quite frankly you aren't intelligent enough to be able to voice your own opinion.

Like Dr Love said in the thread about this over in the lounge, the feeling's mutual, ****ers.

Old
01-10-2004, 02:10 PM
blah

Look who it's coming from. Some peice of **** Seminole fan. They have as many if not more blackeyes than the Eagles do.

Old
01-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Look who it's coming from. Some peice of **** Seminole fan. They have as many if not more blackeyes than the Eagles do.
yeah sure, at least girls going at Noles games can get out of the stadium withouht problems, because they are not being harrased by some drunk ********

Old
01-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
yeah sure, at least girls going at Noles games can get out of the stadium withouht problems, because they are not being harrased by some drunk ********
Because the football players at FSU wait until the girls are in their dorms before they do anything to them.

Old
01-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Classy town that Philadelphia is...
I think its funny that Philadelphia has this horrible reputation. You guys should read Glenn and Anthony's (WIP) new book. Do you know how many batteries were thrown at JD Drew?? Two... TWO!!!. Santa Claus was booed because it was just some skinny guy dressed in a Santa suit who meant it as a joke to begin with. Fans of other NFL franchises have done MUCH worse things.

Old
01-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
Wow,this isn't as bad as you people say it is. Ok,I feel bad for Farve,but the article is more about Farve's life rather than the stuff the Eagles fans said about him.

Old
01-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Lets not feed the Trolls.

Old
01-10-2004, 09:30 PM
FlyersGuy69

Quote:
you gotta be kidding me with that crap about passion! I went to an Eagles vs Giants game last year and there were so many fights I couldn't even keep count. 2 guys would start fighing and then other Eagles fans would jump in and pummel these guys unmercifully. try going to an Eagles game sometime before you start defending some of them animals that attend them games. they start drinking at 8:0am for a 1 or 4pm game and they wind up pissing all over the place, fighting and yelling obseneties that I would be embarrassed to say.

for your information I have been to 2 games this year and seen the same things as before. there was fighting, throwing things and acting like complete lunatics in front of women and children. things might not be AS bad as it was in the Vet but they are still bad. I went to 2 games this year, 3 last year and my bro-in-law has season tickets so I do know how bad it is.

BTW, I don't give a crap what goes on in other cities, i'm just telling it the way it is with the majority of the Eagles fans. I have been to Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games and the mood is night and day. I would much rather go to a Phillies game were I don't have to worry about being beat up or dealing with a drunk like at Eagles games. you wanna find out how bad it is, just for an experiment, were an apposing jersey into an Eagles game and let me know how you like that Passion that you were yapping about.

BTW, don't call me ignorant for giving my opinion. I've seen these things with my own eyes.

Last edited by FlyersGuy69: 01-10-2004 at 09:35 PM.
Old
01-10-2004, 09:42 PM
FlyersGuy69

Quote:
There's heckling, and crossing a line... Crossing a line is physically assaulting someone... what is being done to Brett Favre etc is heckling... Once you're in the spot light (as an athlete, actor, musician) you're putting yourself out there, and unfortunately, your life becomes public knowledge & if it's used to heckle you, that's too bad.
yeah, heckling. you mean like when the Eagles fans were heckling Joe Jurevicius about his little bady that had died from complications of being born premature? yeah, as you say, "your life becomes public knowledge & if it's used to heckle you, that's too bad". that's sportsmanship right?...that's really classy now isn't it?

Old
01-10-2004, 10:15 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
yeah, heckling. you mean like when the Eagles fans were heckling Joe Jurevicius about his little bady that had died from complications of being born premature? yeah, as you say, "your life becomes public knowledge & if it's used to heckle you, that's too bad". that's sportsmanship right?...that's really classy now isn't it?
that happens everywhere, with every thing... if you want to pin point one incident, than anything looks bad. I love how you say "like when the Eagles fans"... for one, it wasn't all Eagles fans I'm sure, and two, I'm sure there were other fans, of other teams, that did the same thing. You can't escape it, some people are ruthless. As I said, there's heckling, and crossing a line.

Old
01-11-2004, 05:34 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I think its funny that Philadelphia has this horrible reputation. You guys should read Glenn and Anthony's (WIP) new book. Do you know how many batteries were thrown at JD Drew?? Two... TWO!!!. Santa Claus was booed because it was just some skinny guy dressed in a Santa suit who meant it as a joke to begin with. Fans of other NFL franchises have done MUCH worse things.
Actually that's false. It was Duracell Day and it was more like 5,000 batteries.

Old
01-11-2004, 06:12 AM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Classy town that Philadelphia is...
Is anybody else surprised this is out of the Daily News? It's not the classy town, it's the "classy" newspaper which serves as a reflection of the seedy underbelly.

Old
01-11-2004, 08:07 AM
FlyersGuy69

Quote:
that happens everywhere, with every thing... if you want to pin point one incident, than anything looks bad. I love how you say "like when the Eagles fans"... for one, it wasn't all Eagles fans I'm sure, and two, I'm sure there were other fans, of other teams, that did the same thing. You can't escape it, some people are ruthless. As I said, there's heckling, and crossing a line.
like I said, I don't care if it happens everywhere else (which it doesn't), I'm talking about what happens at EAGLES GAMES. I know that in a handfull of other cities, these types of things happen but it doesn't make it ok.

as far as your mentality with "oh well, that happens, ya just have to deal with it"(power phrasing), is turning a blind eye to a bad situation and excepting it. that is the kinda thing that these unruly Eagles fans would say in their defense, so there is no sense in me arguing with you about this subject anymore.

Old
01-11-2004, 08:42 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Its not just, and its Philly fans that get the tag. Philly fans get killed over and over and the samething happens it 10 other cities and very little is made of it. Remember the Browns fans killing the Refs with beer bottles three years ago? Giants fans throwing snow balls?
I think the problem for people who make this generalization about Philly is that it happens over and over with Eagles fans. We can name AN example of bad behavior for every city, as you did above, but where the lunatic Eagle fans are concerned, they ALL seem to apply. It's not once and it's not one form of poor behavior. It's once a year and it always seems to be something different.

At the same time part of this is because the press now has its ears up and is actively looking to report problems at Eagles games, something which they're not doing in the vast majority of other NFL cities. Eagles fans have a reputation, so the media finds it easy to locate and write stories that fit readers' preconceptions of Eagles fans.

None of which erases the fact that Eagles fans built that repuation for themselves in the first place.

Closed Thread