HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

How Short will Denis Leash be?

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2007, 07:40 PM
RJW123

vCash: 500
How Short will Denis Leash be?

This is my first Thread....

Does anyone else think marc denis will be walking a tight rope for the first half of the season???

after having a sub-par season last year, Racking up a .883 Save % (44th in the League) and a rough .319 Goals against Average (39th in the league) , and just looking plain sloppy?

and with Ramo (Tampa's Projected goalie of the Future) Breathing down his neck for his roster spot, In a year that really can make or break the rest of his career not only as a bolt but in the nhl, How long do you think his leash is?

how quick do you think he could be demoted if at all and what kind of stats do you think would put him in the red?

Do equal numbers such as last years keep him on the roster or does the leash tighten up a bit?

Old
10-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Sear91

I say the rope is tightened a tad.. but I feel the pressure is on Holmer this year, he didnt fair too well in pre-season and Ramo looked OK, but its Torterella... so id say its a day-day decision. Denis will be the #1 though... guerenteed.

Old
10-01-2007, 07:45 PM
RJW123

I forgot to mention that you should also take Denis Salary into consideration... 8.6 mil over 3 years

Keep in mind Holmer will be making 1 mil/ 1 year

Old
10-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJW123 View Post
This is my first Thread....

Does anyone else think marc denis will be walking a tight rope for the first half of the season???

after having a sub-par season last year, Racking up a .883 Save % (44th in the League) and a rough .319 Goals against Average (39th in the league) , and just looking plain sloppy?

and with Ramo (Tampa's Projected goalie of the Future) Breathing down his neck for his roster spot, In a year that really can make or break the rest of his career not only as a bolt but in the nhl, How long do you think his leash is?

how quick do you think he could be demoted if at all and what kind of stats do you think would put him in the red?

Do equal numbers such as last years keep him on the roster or does the leash tighten up a bit?
From what I saw, Ramo isn't ready. I don't think that qualifies as "breathing down Denis' neck". If Torts uses his meritocracy theory (which isn't exactly what they say it is), Denis and Holmqvist will each be given endless chances all season. If Denis' stats stay at the bottom, he won't have any trade value which means that they won't be able to acquire a #1 goalie that they so desperately need without sacrificing one of the Golden Children.

If we want to see them do well, maybe we need to adopt a bit more positive attitude before the season even starts? That wasn't specifically directed at RJW, but I've seen a lot of griping after Saturday's game. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for 20-25 games. The first 10 are going to be rocky with so many guys nursing injuries and Boyle out.

Lighten up people. Let them play some games that count before you want to kick a guy to the curb. It's a new season and everyone is starting equal.

Old
10-01-2007, 09:31 PM
missK

Can you do me a favor and repeat your post on the other board like 100 times?

Old
10-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 8237
Awards:
Last year Denis came into training camp and looked like crap...then played like crap all year... This year he seems to have come in with a chip on his sholder, to prove he's a good goalie.... He has looked good in training camp this year.. and looked solid in his first preseason game... Sat. was a joke.. the whole team sounded like they were just playing to get the last preseason game over with in one piece... So nobody played well...IMO..

Old
10-02-2007, 08:55 AM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Don't get me started about Saturday's game. I bailed for Torchwood, came back, heard the score, left again.

Ramo got sent back down, like we knew in our brain of brains he would be, and Denis and Homer will be alternating. Does he have the lock on #1? No.

Like I said elsewhere, knowing Torts, we won't know who it will be until the middle of the season.

Old
10-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Acehawk74
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
From what I saw, Ramo isn't ready. I don't think that qualifies as "breathing down Denis' neck". If Torts uses his meritocracy theory (which isn't exactly what they say it is), Denis and Holmqvist will each be given endless chances all season. If Denis' stats stay at the bottom, he won't have any trade value which means that they won't be able to acquire a #1 goalie that they so desperately need without sacrificing one of the Golden Children.

If we want to see them do well, maybe we need to adopt a bit more positive attitude before the season even starts? That wasn't specifically directed at RJW, but I've seen a lot of griping after Saturday's game. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for 20-25 games. The first 10 are going to be rocky with so many guys nursing injuries and Boyle out.

Lighten up people. Let them play some games that count before you want to kick a guy to the curb. It's a new season and everyone is starting equal.

Said the same thing basically on the other board, you just drove the nail in more efficiently.

Old
10-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Hockeyfan02

His leash will be as short as everyone else who's played under Torts with the exception of Khabi. If he plays well, he'll start more. If he plays bad, Homer will be in net. Simple as that.

Old
10-02-2007, 11:24 AM
lambraf

I think he already standing between the goal and the bench

Old
10-02-2007, 02:19 PM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

maybe this year the D can actually help out and give some support..!

that being said i think Denis will post Ok numbers... he's got the talent now lets see if he can do it.

Old
10-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Tokala

Holmqvist named the starting goalie for opening night, October 4th.
Starting goalie

Old
10-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Sear91

GOD DAMN IT!!!! EVERY game I go to Holmqvist is goalie... I WANT DENIS!!!!!!!! im like 0-9 in the hopes of seeing him off the bench... this makes me sad...

Closed Thread