HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good Ivan Baranka article

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 02:25 PM
nyr5186

vCash: 500
Good Ivan Baranka article

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1083

But night after night, guess what he dreamed about doing at the World Junior.

“Playing for the New York Rangers,” says Baranka. “I had dreams every night about playing for the Rangers.”

Another perfect example of why playing youngsters over underachieving vets is so much more beneficial, for the short and long run.

Old
01-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186

But night after night, guess what he dreamed about doing at the World Junior.

“Playing for the New York Rangers,” says Baranka. “I had dreams every night about playing for the Rangers.”

Another perfect example of why playing youngsters over underachieving vets is so much more beneficial, for the short and long run.

It's amazing that after years of Neil SMith and especially Glen Sather turning the Rangers into the laughingstock of the NHL that there are still many players (Baranka, Jessiman, others) that still dream of being Rangers----says alot for the allure of New York..Undortunately, there are just as many or more young players that wouldn't want to be caught dead in the NY organization (remember Sauer?) and if they are, can't wait to get out....Plase god, let this dirty, vicious cycle of veteran incompetence and apathy come to an end so we can have the Rangers back..yeah, I know, over Sather's dead body..Hmmmm, wait a minute....

Old
01-09-2004, 04:57 PM
dedalus

I don't see this as particularly flattering for the Rangers. If the kid was saying this before the Rangers drafted him it might mean something because he was citing a specific team with which he had no affiliation. As it is stands in this article he's just as easily saying, “Playing [in the NHL]. I had dreams every night about playing [in the NHL].”

Not surprisingly the MSG hype machine has turned this into a burning desire to play for the Rangers not simply a burning desire to play pro hockey for whatever team owns his rights.

Old
01-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
I don't see this as particularly flattering for the Rangers. If the kid was saying this before the Rangers drafted him it might mean something because he was citing a specific team with which he had no affiliation. As it is stands in this article he's just as easily saying, “Playing [in the NHL]. I had dreams every night about playing [in the NHL].”

Not surprisingly the MSG hype machine has turned this into a burning desire to play for the Rangers not simply a burning desire to play pro hockey for whatever team owns his rights.
Alright, I'll retract my one positive (oK, half positive) post for the year...

Old
01-10-2004, 04:02 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186

Poor kid. Is there anything he can take to get rid of his nightmares...

Old
01-10-2004, 08:21 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
Poor kid. Is there anything he can take to get rid of his nightmares...

Closed Thread