HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Legwand???

Old
10-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Killer Sharkz

vCash: 515
Legwand???

Hey guys! Just had a few questions about Legwand. I always expected big things out of him, especially since he was the 2nd overall pick in his draft, but he seems to have fallen below (at least my) expectations. You guys think this is as good as it gets? Or is he going to turn into a guy worthy of the 2nd overall pick? He has lots of talent around him with Erat and Radulov. Radulov is a bit of a wild card at the moment, but has tons of skill! Will these two help push him over the hump?

Killer Sharkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:12 PM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Sharkz View Post
Hey guys! Just had a few questions about Legwand. I always expected big things out of him, especially since he was the 2nd overall pick in his draft, but he seems to have fallen below (at least my) expectations. You guys think this is as good as it gets? Or is he going to turn into a guy worthy of the 2nd overall pick? He has lots of talent around him with Erat and Radulov. Radulov is a bit of a wild card at the moment, but has tons of skill! Will these two help push him over the hump?
Point wise, last year is probably as good as it gets, give or take. He's just not the type of player whose going to put up huge offensive #'s.

That said, you'll find that opinions on Legand amongst Preds fans vary from ship him out of town to favorite player.

He's a great two way, speedy guy that can chip in offensively. He plays generally smart, tough hockey, and helps the team win by doing the little things. He many not show up in the box score a whole lot, but we're a better team when he's on the ice.

Thats just my opinion.

He's clicking with Erat, but Radulov got booted to the 3rd line with Gelinas and Bonk. Ortmeyer is playing the other wing on Leggy's line.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Buckleys

Legwand is one of my favourite players in the league... What would it cost my Senators to aquire him in a trade?

Assuming he would agree on a reasonable extension with the Senators... Vermette could be the center piece from out part, along with some prospects. We have a lot of prospects knocking on the door, so some of them will be dealt as deadline deals. Hennessy will definatly be in the package, and you could include one of Mirnov, Bashkirov or Nikulin im sure.

Bashkirov is a young 18 year old, selected in the 2nd round this year, Senators had him going pegged 30th overall, one behind there own 1st round pick Jim O'Brien. Has a good set of hands.

Mirnov's contract expires at the end of the season, one of Ottawa's top prospects, and Dynamo's star. 2nd round draft pick from 2003, and consistently in RSL's top scoring, off to a slow start this year but he will pick it up. Plays a NA style game already, going into corners, does his best work in limited time with the puck, so if he's on a line with someone that loves to carry the puck, he can be really affective. Plays all 3 forward positions.

Nikulin has a fantastic attitude (read stickies on sens board where a poster by the name of ThirtyFive is translating them). He is already in NA and doing very well in Binghamton of the AHL so far. Great vision and skating, can play the wing if needed. Needs to work on the draw, but he even admitted that winning faceoffs here was a lot harder then it was in Russia because men are so much stronger.

Theres so much to like about these 3 russians, but I would assume you don't want Bashkirov unless your patient enough to wait 3 years for his contract to expire (although he could be released from his contract if he doesn't get more games, he hasn't played much yet).

Vermette, Hennessy, Mirnov/Nikulin/Bashkirov

for

Legwand (assuming he agrees on a 2 year extension).

thoughts? Would Ottawa need to add more?

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Jarnberg

Legwand is an UFA after this season...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:26 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Legwand is an UFA after this season...
which means he will probably put up super numbers and demand the pretty penny.

I cant even imagine him in another team's sweater, it's just too wierd.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

From the Tennessean

Quote:
More than goals: David Legwand's three goals were his most obvious contribution to Saturday's 5-1 win over Dallas, but teammates were quick to point out other things he did.

He led all Nashville forwards in penalty-killing time as the Predators held the Stars without a power-play goal in eight attempts.

"When you see how he played on the penalty kill and in five-on-five situations, you see how he's turned into a complete player,'' Mason said. "He's only going to get better.''

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2007, 11:02 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
so are the lines for now:

Erat-Legwand-ortmeyer
Dumont-Arnott-Fiddler
Gelinas-bonk-Radulov

?

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2007, 11:16 AM
braindead

Yes.

The 4th line is most typically going to be Smithson, Nichol, Tootoo

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 03:34 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
From the Tennessean
Also, the Tennessean voted him as our MVP last season. IMO, I can see last year as his break out and will improve his points this year.

Last year, when he was out with a arm injury or something, i think we lost 2-3 games straight. His two way play is some of the best in the league...can't really convert that into fantasy points.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote