HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pack Roster Looking Great

Old
10-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
From the roster on the AHL site,Graham,Barnes,Ouelette,Zaba and Holt are now Checkers

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/roster...12&team_id=307

13 forwards,7 D and 2 goalies

With player numbers

Sauer is wearing #4.That is why Staal didn't take #4.The Rangers are saving the # for Sauer

Kasparaitis is #11

I'm surprised the draft police aren't telling us how many guys the Rangers should've drafted instead of Bruce Graham...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 09:49 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I'm surprised the draft police aren't telling us how many guys the Rangers should've drafted instead of Bruce Graham...
another year in the ECHL for Graham, what a great pick, I know Girardi played in the ECHL so anything can happen but I expected Graham to play in the AHL this year. Its early but it dont look good.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 10:15 PM
MrAlfie

No jinx here, just a simple question.

Has a franchise and its AHL affiliation ever won the Stanley Cup and Calder Cup in the same season?

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 05:43 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I predict Graham, Barnes and Busto will be Wolfpackers as the season progresses
Team looks great as is

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 06:40 AM
Dilettante

With the top 3 centers on the Pack being Anisimov, Pyatt, and Owens, and with Barnes probably returning when healthy, I don't see a spot for Graham barring injuries. He's big but doesn't use his size to his advantage, it's definitely a bad thing when someone that size is virtually invisible on the ice. For a fourth line center right now I thought Mark Lee was more impressive, looks much improved from last year.

Dilettante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 06:54 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
With the top 3 centers on the Pack being Anisimov, Pyatt, and Owens, and with Barnes probably returning when healthy, I don't see a spot for Graham barring injuries. He's big but doesn't use his size to his advantage, it's definitely a bad thing when someone that size is virtually invisible on the ice. For a fourth line center right now I thought Mark Lee was more impressive, looks much improved from last year.
I wanna see AA on the big squad
He will probably get a shot - with Dawes and Bourret - as the season progesses and injuries happen
And there will be a trade or 2 as well
Hence Graham gets a 4th line center slot sharing it with Lee

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 08:29 AM
squishy

Pack lines, from Bruce Berlett:

Dawes - Anisimov - Bourret
Byers - Pyatt - Jessiman
Korpikoski - Owens - Moore

Remaining two forwards will likely be pulled from the following:
Francis Lessard, Mitch Fritz, Mark Lee, Mike Ouellette, Joe Barnes

Barnes will likely start with a rehab stint in Charlotte.

On defense:
Liffiton - Taylor
Baranka - Potter
Kasparaitis - Sauer

"With Hutchinson having to work into the mix."

Montoya will be the #1, "with Wiikman the likely backup".

http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...,4667150.story

The Pack roster on the AHL web site seems to confirm that these are the players who will start with the Pack: http://stats.theahl.com/stats/roster...12&team_id=307

The AHL roster also includes some new numbers for players, both old and new. The notable changes/additions:

8 Brodie Dupont
16 Alex Bourret
22 Francis Lessard
26 Mitch Fritz
28 Lauri Korpikoski
42 Artem Anisimov
47 Tommy Pyatt
4 Michael Sauer
11 Darius Kasparaitis
24 Andrew Hutchinson
62 Miika Wiikman

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 08:46 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
Hey, me too man, I'll be wearing a blue Prucha jersey with some friends, if you see me don't be a stranger haha.
Nice man... I'll keep an eye out for you.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Fireonk

Interesting foward lines there. Wasn't expecting Korps to play on the third line. Also, any idea what they plan on doing with Dupont?

On defense I really like Sauer paired with Kaspar. Thats a pretty big fall for Hutchinson also, cant even make the top 6 in the AHL.

Fireonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 09:21 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireonk View Post
Interesting foward lines there. Wasn't expecting Korps to play on the third line. Also, any idea what they plan on doing with Dupont?
Sorry, forgot to mention from the article that Dupont's taking Bourret's spot on the top line until he returns from his hand injury... which could be as early as today. Not sure where he'll go when Bourret comes back.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 09:51 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
The Pack look great. Very good chance at the Calder Cup, and a lot of great kids there.

Dawes - Anisimov - Bourret
Korps - Pyatt - Jessiman
Dupont - Moore - Byers
ROLE PLAYERS: Graham, Barnes, Fritz, Lessard

BH99: Every player on the first 3 lines has a legitimate chance to make it to the NHL one day. Many surely will not. Some will be no more than role players (Moore, Byers, Jessiman), but for an AHL team, this is great.

Hutch - Baranka
Sauer - Kasper The Friendly Ghost
Liffiton - Potter/Taylor

BH99: The two vets (Kasper and Hutch) can play on some teams in the NHL as 6-8 dmen. Three more kids (Baranka, Sauer and Liffiton) have a legit chance at the NHL.

Montoya
Holt

BH99: Monty is definitely NHL-ready. Maybe even ready to be a starter about 55 games a years.

The Pack have a legit chance at the Calder Cup and not due to a bunch of over the hill vets, but predominantly because of the kids.
ithink its a great side, but unless they are planning on using a forward i dont see a an obvious PP QB or a outright offensive D man.... i thought Busto might have started in the A...

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 09:53 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Sorry, forgot to mention from the article that Dupont's taking Bourret's spot on the top line until he returns from his hand injury... which could be as early as today. Not sure where he'll go when Bourret comes back.
Dupont has a great chance of getting very good minutes on a good line because he can do so many different things... good hands, big, agrressive, good board play and plays PP well too. He'll be a big success this year IMO

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Edge

Another year with a very young roster, but also some solid prospects. Legit prospects.

Dawes is an NHL player and I'd be very suprised if AA and Bourret didn't turn out to be players.

Korps should hopefully show offensive progress on the second line and I like Pyatt's chances as well.

Dupont and Byers have good shots at becoming valuable bottom 6 forwards.

To me the key is that these kids are going to be growing and adjusting. Many are either still really at work on their game or just starting on that path. I don't see this is a Calder Cup winner, but these kids should get some strong playoff experience. I fully expect Dawes and Montoya on next years Rangers team and there might even be a dark horse amongst this group.

I think the overall success of the team will come down to how well Korpikoski, Bourret and Sauer develop.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 08:26 PM
NYR Viper

i expect korpikoski and bourret on nextyears team as well if they stay healthy....both need to pick up their game......along with sauer and possibly baranka

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote