HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Final Cuts....

Old
10-03-2007, 08:58 AM
bungle
Casual Observer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguru View Post
I've gotta ask, from a salary cap point of view, what is the point of having Jesse, Eager, and Cote on the roster together, especially when Umberger, Lupul, and Upshall return....
Eager shouldn't be put in the same class as Boulerice/Cote. He's earned his place on the roster as more than just an enforcer. Presumably when Upshall and Umberger return (Lupul is supposed to be playing tomorrow) Cote and Boulerice will both be looking for the 13th forward spot.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 09:20 AM
bungle
Casual Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dank View Post
Im happy that now Eager can focus on other elements of his game now that we have both Cote and Boulerice. I think we are going to lead the league in fights this year.

Eager
Cote
Boulerice
Smith
Richards
Upshall

will all fight.
Maybe this season we really will be "Team Tough"

Old
10-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0flyers View Post
Maybe this season we really will be "Team Tough"
That might be one of the dumbest expressions I've ever heard. I can't believe the Flyers tried to sell it last year.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 06:10 PM
bakunin

Tolpeko, 22, came out of nowhere to make the Flyers' roster and is expected to play left wing on a third line with Mike Richards and Joffrey Lupul Thursday night in Calgary.

Signed as a free agent by the Flyers, Tolpeko left his native Moscow at age 18 to play in the Western Hockey League and recorded 11 goals and 19 assists in 58 games for the Phantoms last season.

It wasn't until the Flyers got a look at Tolpeko in the preseason that they decided to bring him to Calgary.

"It's always nice to see a young player come up and play without fear of being in the NHL and he did," Flyers coach John Stevens said. "He wanted the puck, he was aggressive, he's got great speed and he seemed more comfortable here than in the American League."

From the Courier Post.

bakunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 11:00 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakunin View Post
Tolpeko, 22, came out of nowhere to make the Flyers' roster and is expected to play left wing on a third line with Mike Richards and Joffrey Lupul Thursday night in Calgary.

Signed as a free agent by the Flyers, Tolpeko left his native Moscow at age 18 to play in the Western Hockey League and recorded 11 goals and 19 assists in 58 games for the Phantoms last season.

It wasn't until the Flyers got a look at Tolpeko in the preseason that they decided to bring him to Calgary.

"It's always nice to see a young player come up and play without fear of being in the NHL and he did," Flyers coach John Stevens said. "He wanted the puck, he was aggressive, he's got great speed and he seemed more comfortable here than in the American League."

From the Courier Post.

What happened to Richards being a "shut-down center??

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Yeah I don't understand the lines AT ALL. Kapanen and Richards are clearly suited to play together because of their defensive prowess. Upshall or Hartnell are the logical choices for the other wing. I don't get why Kapanen is playing with Carter.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 12:13 PM
bungle
Casual Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
That might be one of the dumbest expressions I've ever heard. I can't believe the Flyers tried to sell it last year.
For sure. Just another reason to forget last season.

Old
10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Maybe because it seems clear that Richards is the better offensive player as well and has the ability to distribute the puck to Tolpeko and Lupul? I guess we'll see what lines go out against what. Wouldn't be surprising if the lines are different by the end of the game.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 12:28 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
Maybe because it seems clear that Richards is the better offensive player as well and has the ability to distribute the puck to Tolpeko and Lupul? I guess we'll see what lines go out against what. Wouldn't be surprising if the lines are different by the end of the game.
Which I agree with and have been crying for since last season, I dont want a shut down line, I want 3 balanced lines. Hopefully it sticks.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote