HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Info/CBJ Nuggets 07-08 Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2007, 11:29 AM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

vCash: 500
ok thanks for the info guys

Old
10-03-2007, 11:50 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Petr Cajanek coming back through waivers according to Hockeybuzz.

I know his name was mentioned the other day. He'd only be $1 million with St. Louis picking up the rest of that. He's in his 30s, but is coming off his best NHL season. Not much of a goal scorer, but he's versatile and, most importantly, a playmaker-type.
He's got a skill set the separates him from the CBJ's 8-headed center monster.

Small risk, potentially decent reward.

And he's Czech. We do well with Czechs.

Old
10-03-2007, 12:47 PM
123jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Good News / Bad News

Good News: Fox Sports Ohio will carry more hockey games in Northern Ohio.
Bad News: It ain't the Jackets...

http://msn.foxsports.com/tv/schedule Saturday Night we get the Monsters Home opener instead of the Jackets at Wild.

Why oh why couldn't this have been on STO.

In today's Dispatch:

No HD?
Fox Sports Net Ohio's contract with Time Warner expired in January, and the network and cable company have worked the past 10 months under the previous agreement.

FSN Ohio, however, won't allow Time Warner to air high-definition broadcasts of the Blue Jackets or the Cleveland Cavaliers until a new contract is reached, a source told The Dispatch.

The Blue Jackets will air 24 games in high definition, available to customers of cable providers Insight and WOW, and of satellite providers DirecTV and Dish Network.

The Blue Jackets and Cavs games will be available to Time Warner customers, but only in the traditional format until a contract is reached.

Fox Cable Networks, which owns FSN Ohio, has a 49 percent stake in the fledgling Big Ten Network. Time Warner and the Big Ten Network have been quibbling for months over Time Warner's refusal to add the Big Ten Network to its basic cable tier.

But Time Warner said that impasse has had no bearing on the negotiations with FSN Ohio.http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...C.html?sid=101

Sure it doesn't.

Old
10-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Skraut

It's funny how Time Warner is now a sponsor with the Jackets, yet can't show the games in HD.

Old
10-03-2007, 12:57 PM
RickS

Behind the Bench, with Ken Hitchcock. It's the first in a new series on NHL.com. I didn't see it posted anywhere else-I hope I saw correctly.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=338840

Old
10-03-2007, 01:44 PM
213 Sentinel

Thanks for the link, Rick. Classic Hitch: Nothing bad to say about anyone. If you read between the lines, though, Keenan doesn't shine as much as the others. I'm so glad we didn't end up with him.

Old
10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
Petr Cajanek coming back through waivers according to Hockeybuzz.

I know his name was mentioned the other day. He'd only be $1 million with St. Louis picking up the rest of that. He's in his 30s, but is coming off his best NHL season. Not much of a goal scorer, but he's versatile and, most importantly, a playmaker-type.
He's got a skill set the separates him from the CBJ's 8-headed center monster.

Small risk, potentially decent reward.

And he's Czech. We do well with Czechs.
I'd do it. He much better than Hrdina was at the same price. Besides, he's owning on my 2K7 all Euro team on the third line.

Old
10-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Skraut

For anybody who missed it, FSN is re-running their behind the scenes Draft special tonight at 9:00

Old
10-03-2007, 07:53 PM
hashmarks

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid...e&service=page

Coach thinks Columbus not that far from ending playoff drought.

Like I said, one more win a month from the pace that was set last year with that meager roster.

Old
10-03-2007, 07:56 PM
CapnCornelius

Well, I know folks were worried that we might not sell out opening night, but up in "Hockeytown", they failed to sellout opening night...against the defending Stanley Cup Champs...who knocked them out of the playoffs in the Western Conference Finals.

Wings suck.

Old
10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Wings suck.
That my fellow poster should be the T-shirt they hand out with opening night tickets.

Speaking of said suck, the Ducks are up on the Wings 2-1. Not only do I want the Ducks to win b/c its against the Wings but maybe they'll take us even lighter heading into the final road game before their home opener if they pull this one out tonight.

I'll take any edge I can get (or make up in my mind!).

Old
10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
That my fellow poster should be the T-shirt they hand out with opening night tickets.

Speaking of said suck, the Ducks are up on the Wings 2-1. Not only do I want the Ducks to win b/c its against the Wings but maybe they'll take us even lighter heading into the final road game before their home opener if they pull this one out tonight.

I'll take any edge I can get (or make up in my mind!).
I'm hoping that the Ducks forget to prepare for us in between games against the Wings and the Pens. Not counting on it, but I'm hoping.

Old
10-03-2007, 08:45 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Well, I know folks were worried that we might not sell out opening night, but up in "Hockeytown", they failed to sellout opening night...against the defending Stanley Cup Champs...who knocked them out of the playoffs in the Western Conference Finals.

Wings suck.
Wow, that is interesting news. Would never have thought the Wings wouldn't sell out opening night.

Old
10-03-2007, 08:50 PM
blahblah

Quote:
I'm hoping that the Ducks forget to prepare for us in between games against the Wings and the Pens. Not counting on it, but I'm hoping.
After we beat them twice in Anaheim last year? I think it's safe to say they will be reminded....

Old
10-03-2007, 09:17 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Wow, that is interesting news. Would never have thought the Wings wouldn't sell out opening night.
That's a bad sign.

Old
10-03-2007, 09:36 PM
cbj1

From reading various press, the Wings didn't sell out all their playoff games either. Apparantely the prices there have been spiraling upwards and have now hit the point that it's too expensive. Plus, the economy in Detroit ain't too great either and people are moving away.

I hope the same Ducks team that waddled on the Wings ice shows up here. They were lucky to be in the game (Giggy who??). Somehow I'm sure coach Carlyle won't let that happen, though.

Old
10-04-2007, 06:36 AM
Skraut

Quote:

There're are tons of "Beat Detroit" T-Shirts up here in Cleveland, of course they are all wine and gold colored and handed out during the Pistons-Cavs series.

Old
10-04-2007, 06:48 AM
213 Sentinel

I have a road Wings shirt I use to do house work in (dont' care if it gets dirty). I've been thinking about putting a permanent circle-slash through it somehow and wearing it to Wings games I attend.

Old
10-04-2007, 08:02 AM
darrmd

Quote:
You ask and you shall receive. We will be making those t-shirts for a sunday wings game, we will also be giving out free wings for pre-game

Old
10-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but USA Today weighs in. Nothing new.

Quote:
14. Columbus Blue Jackets: Despite the optimism emanating from Columbus, it's going to be more of the same for loyal Jackets fans. Rick Nash is a franchise player, obviously, but after that, the depth and talent level falls sharply. They simply can not match up favorably against most of the teams in this conference.
And more from USA Today

Quote:
COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

Goaltending: It's hard to know whether Pascal LeClaire and/or Fredrik Norrena can lead this team to respectability because the overall team performance was so inferior last season.

What's up: This team could surprise you. Coach Ken Hitchcock will make them play better defensively and there is enough talent to be dangerous. When you ponder the potential of Rick Nash, Fredrik Modin, Nikolai Zherdev, Dan Fritsche, Adam Foote, Sergei Fedorov, etc., you wonder why they have played so poorly.

Pressing question: Can Nash stay healthy and perform consistently well enough to be among the NHL's top five NHL players, as projected?

Forecast: Hitchcock's presence is probably worth 10 or more points over a full season, but they will still miss the playoffs for the seventh consecutive season.

Last edited by Dr. Fire: 10-04-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Old
10-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Mike Modano article in USA Today. Getting ready to set the scoring record for a US born player in the NHL.

Quote:
Gainey, now Montreal's general manager, and Modano butted heads about Modano's lack of defensive prowess early in his career. Modano now says Gainey was "the best teacher I've ever had."

Former Dallas coach Ken Hitchcock was also good for his career, Modano says, even though Hitchcock pushed him to the point of irritation: "You think he doesn't like you, but he just wanted the most out of you and you understand that when you win the Cup."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...l_N.htm?csp=34

Old
10-04-2007, 09:16 AM
gonz
Shampoo Slowdelein

So... wait...
Quote:
Rick Nash is a franchise player, obviously, but after that, the depth and talent level falls sharply
...yet...
Quote:
When you ponder the potential of Rick Nash, Fredrik Modin, Nikolai Zherdev, Dan Fritsche, Adam Foote, Sergei Fedorov, etc., you wonder why they have played so poorly.
So which is it? Sure, we know Nash is a special player but most of the other folks mentioned aren't slouches (...except when Zherdev feels sleepy).

Do we get Howie Mandel in here to play Depth or No Depth.

Old
10-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Fair assessments Fire, basing the future on the past instead of present change is expected... I know I have said before that the current situation should be considered but it's not done that way.

The truth is, not even we know how good or changed our team really is... The one solid fact we do have though is Hitchcock’s track record of never earning less than 100 points in a full regular season.... So, until we play 20 games or so we must just sit tight and wait before crying foul to all the media prognosticators....

Old
10-04-2007, 09:53 AM
PerfectTommy

TSN's Bob McKenzie explains the contractual rules regarding junior players and their NHL contracts. With Steve Mason still on the roster, this is something to keep in mind.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/mckenzie/?id=219805

Old
10-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
So which is it?
They were from 2 different articles, 2 different authors.

Closed Thread