Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

10-10-2007, 11:08 PM
vCash: 500

yes another thread.. in street hockey any advice on shooting my accuracy overall my shot is just horrible. i can do everything else just shooting problems any advice.

CaNucK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
10-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Allan Iverson says "Practice"

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
10-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Shoot. Shoot. Shoot.

Don't just wind up slappers and take wristers from the forehand. Work on shooting from angles, backhand, both while in motion and from a set position. Take shots that you see in game situations...don't allow yourself the luxury of time. Kick the puck or ball onto your stick and work on getting it controlled and shot in under a second. Work on going shelf from the top of the crease, anything that you feel you will do in a game, incorporate it into your practice routine until it's second nature.

The goals will come.

PensFanInCBus is offline   Reply With Quote
10-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to newfish
What everyone else said!! What I did to get a great slapshot was go to a tennis court, rink or any other fenced in area. Get a garbage can and keep shooting, until you get it. Why a garbage can, because its fun, plus its harder to hit then a goal.

newfish is offline   Reply With Quote
10-11-2007, 03:41 PM
be like michael peca, go to Tops or your local grocery store and shoot cans of tuna into shopping carts!

BigBearnier is offline   Reply With Quote
10-11-2007, 04:02 PM
practice is truye trust me on this one. if you practice alot you will probely have the best shot in your league like myself

HABSMANIA21* is offline   Reply With Quote
10-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Nosebleed Section
In street hockey you cant really do wristshops because the ball doesn't roll well with you stick so your usually be useing a snap shot is the best as far as developing that your on your own.

Nosebleed Section is offline   Reply With Quote
10-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Diamond Joe

Diamond Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
10-11-2007, 08:20 PM
find a tennis court/smooth surface and just go and practice. You can use one of those orange pucks but they are light as mess, id say look for an inline league puck, a little heavier so it can translate better if you try to play ice in the future. Do you use a ball in the street hockey games? if so practice with that. Basically what I would do is pick a target, say a fence post or something or if you have a net aim for the corners. easier to practice that way. What I did to develop my shot is get a puck(i used ice on a real flat nice surface) and just kept shooting at top left until i got 3 in a row, then switched to top right, bottom right, low left and so on. 3 in a row is tough, and you take about 20 shots twards that one target regardless. Thne I want to different angles. Say a little bet off the goal line on the right wing and just tried "sniping' the upper part of the net where there would be a hole on a goalie. LIke stated, diffferent angles help and if you keep practicing it, it will become repetetive so in game it just comes naturally to shoot there.

slapshots are tougher. Practice them until you feel you can adjust the height and stuff as needed. Get comfortable wiht slappshotting, height wise and then work on aiming. I find aiming with a slapper is harder, so that takes a little more practice

SSM12 is offline   Reply With Quote