HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Colorado @ Dallas

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2004, 11:34 AM
nathan

vCash: 500
Avs did not register a single shot on goal in the 3rd.

Wow, playing defensively is not easy for the Avs. Giving up two easy goals in the middle like that with Young skating right by 4 Avs untouched for one of them.

Old
01-10-2004, 12:01 PM
nathan

Oh yea, Tanguay's 1st goal was a beaut.

I coulda sworn that was in actually Hejduk wearing a #18 jersey with that wrister over Turco's shoulder

Old
01-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Forsberg21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Oh yea, Tanguay's 1st goal was a beaut.

I coulda sworn that was in actually Hejduk wearing a #18 jersey with that wrister over Turco's shoulder
I believe the shot was going low but deflected up over Turco's shoulder off a Dallas player's stick (I think it was Lehtinen). Still, nice goal.

Old
01-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The Avs didn't even show up in the 3rd period. The Stars had no buisness getting goals in this game. (not trying to take away from Youngs PP goal which was amazing) Something is wrong with your teams intensity in the thrid when a lone man splits 4 defenders to get a PP breakaway goal. . Like I said, this team doesn't even need to try and play defensive, b/c they can't. They give up their strength (their offense), when they sit back and play passive d. Keep pressing guys, and you won't give up so many leads.

Old
01-10-2004, 01:33 PM
nathan

That 6-on-4 in the final minutes was definitely exciting to watch.

I can just imagine the fan's faces seeing Forsberg's shot looks like it's going into the EN, then missing by merely inches.

Old
01-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
The Avs have 3 points in the last two games, when in all reality, if they we're playing any of the top teams in the league, we would have zero points, and the games probably would have been blowouts.

I have no idea why Granato mixied up the lines so much. He's lucky Dallas took so many stupid penalties, because we had barely any scoring chances, and didn't even have a shot in the 3rd period. The only sustatined presure we ever really had we're when the AMP line was reunited on the PP. Can we please just play the AMP line, Sakic with Kariya and Selanne, Kono with Niko and Hinote, and Moore centering Larson and Worrell. I don't see why he doens't trust that those lines will work out, and I don't see why he feels the need to spread out the skill players, since that almost never works (just ask Hartley after what he tried last year) and the Kono, Niko, Hinote line is a pretty good 3rd line in itself.

Closed Thread