Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Getzlaf

Old
10-04-2007, 10:52 AM
abax44

vCash: 500
Getzlaf

Is it just me or does he look a fair bit bigger this year? I was watching the game last night and he looks to have put on a few lbs. Not only that, but he looks dominant too. The confidence is definetly showing. Selanne (don't want to confuse anyone here, he's still not on the team) was right, he will be a great player really soon.

abax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Pwnasaurus

The best compliment I can give him is that everytime he has the puck, I have a feeling something good will happen...and this is anywhere in the offensive zone really. The fact that he also plays a physical game and is defensively responsible is scary.

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 11:18 AM
abax44

Yeah, his hands are really good. He's got to come up with a couple more moves though or he's gonna start getting steam rolled. When he's going around to the left (his) he likes to do that move where he pulls the puck to his feet. And on the other side (his right) he likes to do that back hand thing. On both moves he puts his head down. I'd hate to see him run into concussion issues. And his shoot out move, while awesome, needs to be pulled out only here and there.

Old
10-04-2007, 11:24 AM
theShiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by abax44 View Post
Yeah, his hands are really good. He's got to come up with a couple more moves though or he's gonna start getting steam rolled. When he's going around to the left (his) he likes to do that move where he pulls the puck to his feet. And on the other side (his right) he likes to do that back hand thing. On both moves he puts his head down. I'd hate to see him run into concussion issues. And his shoot out move, while awesome, needs to be pulled out only here and there.
I know what move you are talking about. But you have to remember that he usually does this while he is already pinned-up against a defender, so there's not a high risk of someone just skating in and plowing him over. This seems to me like he is just protecting the puck while he is up against somebody.

I think it's brilliant.

theShiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 11:48 AM
abax44

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShiba View Post
I know what move you are talking about. But you have to remember that he usually does this while he is already pinned-up against a defender, so there's not a high risk of someone just skating in and plowing him over. This seems to me like he is just protecting the puck while he is up against somebody.

I think it's brilliant.
It's fine as long as no one catches on to it as it's happening. Otherwise he'll end up with Phaneuf stepping up and knocking him silly.

I know it's a hard move to keep your head up the entire time, but he seems to keep it down a bit longer then most who use that type of move.

Old
10-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Marns
@thestretchpass

All I'll say is that I'm very glad he's in my fantasy team.

Looked great on the ice last night - as a neutral observer, he really stood out every time he skated.

Marns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Twist and Shout

He looks like Mats everytime I watch him.

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Quote:
Is it just me or does he look a fair bit bigger this year? I was watching the game last night and he looks to have put on a few lbs. Not only that, but he looks dominant too. The confidence is definetly showing. Selanne (don't want to confuse anyone here, he's still not on the team) was right, he will be a great player really soon.
I know what you mean, I thought the same thing, he mad Big Bert look small after the goal by Getz.

He may still be growing a little, even Perry looked a little bigger.

Rock on boys, smash em

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Senojelyk

Lately he has been reminding me of Paul Kariya in the golden ages, every time Getzlaf has the puck its like magic. Can't wait until he starts shooting better and getting the puck in the net more often.

Senojelyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
It seems like Ryan Getzlaf is every single hockey fan's pick to break out and have a huge season.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 01:19 AM
Diamond Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senojelyk View Post
Lately he has been reminding me of Paul Kariya in the golden ages, every time Getzlaf has the puck its like magic. Can't wait until he starts shooting better and getting the puck in the net more often.
Getz maybe might need to shoot more and avoid the last move to "get in alone" per se, but he has a demon of a shot, wrist and slap.

Diamond Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 03:34 AM
theShiba

Yeah, I really see Getz being our #2 big Point shot, esp. on the PP this season. We all know that Beauch has a huge slap, but he can't get it on net to save his life I wouldn't be surprised to see getzlaf up there a lot.

theShiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 11:11 AM
abax44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
I know what you mean, I thought the same thing, he mad Big Bert look small after the goal by Getz.

He may still be growing a little, even Perry looked a little bigger.

Rock on boys, smash em

I did some looking at Getz is listed at 221lbs this season. 210lbs last season. Assuming that's mostly muscle that's a fair size gain in lean body mass is such a short offseason. On the flip side, Bert is listed at 230lbs down from 245-250lbs.

Old
10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Pwnasaurus

Quote:
On the flip side, Bert is listed at 230lbs down from 245-250lbs.
He looks like he's skating much much better than in recent years.

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Quote:
I did some looking at Getz is listed at 221lbs this season. 210lbs last season. Assuming that's mostly muscle that's a fair size gain in lean body mass is such a short offseason. On the flip side, Bert is listed at 230lbs down from 245-250lbs.
He just looks like Penner did last year, a wide body.

The kid is young and full of potential, if he really starts throwing his body around, look out...

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 05:39 PM
abax44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
He just looks like Penner did last year, a wide body.

The kid is young and full of potential, if he really starts throwing his body around, look out...
Let's not get crazy here. He isn't Penner big, but he certainly looks like he's filling out quite nicely.

Not too much though. Don't want him ending up full of nagging injuries like some of the other guys other there.

Old
10-06-2007, 05:44 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Let's not get crazy here. He isn't Penner big, but he certainly looks like he's filling out quite nicely.

Not too much though. Don't want him ending up full of nagging injuries like some of the other guys other there.
No, not Penner big. But much more mobile, agile and athletic than Penner. Penner was a good finisher. Most of Penner's goals came from close in. Getzlaf can score from a lot of places, and has a great one timer.

I don't want to totally diss Penner though. He will be missed.

lux_interior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
He's starting to look more and more like the player that dominated the WHL while with the Calgary Hitmen, only now he's finally caught on that he needs to keep his feet moving at all times. He's certainly one to watch.

Old
10-08-2007, 05:47 PM
roxasamonte10

Definitely looks like he's bigger this year. I'm hoping he'll have another stellar year.

roxasamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 05:49 PM
MOENing

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxasamonte10 View Post
Definitely looks like he's bigger this year. I'm hoping he'll have another stellar year.
He'll probably go big the assists catergory due to his linemates whoever they may be.

Last edited by MOENing: 10-08-2007 at 06:04 PM.
MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 03:15 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson T View Post
All I'll say is that I'm very glad he's in my fantasy team.

Looked great on the ice last night - as a neutral observer, he really stood out every time he skated.
You and me both... 32 points in 28 games now I believe? Those of you who predicted he would break 80 points and possibly even 90 this year may not have been all that far off after all.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote