HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Getzlaf

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2007, 10:52 AM
  #1
abax44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
Getzlaf

Is it just me or does he look a fair bit bigger this year? I was watching the game last night and he looks to have put on a few lbs. Not only that, but he looks dominant too. The confidence is definetly showing. Selanne (don't want to confuse anyone here, he's still not on the team) was right, he will be a great player really soon.

abax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 11:15 AM
  #2
Pwnasaurus
Registered User
 
Pwnasaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Robot City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,826
vCash: 500
The best compliment I can give him is that everytime he has the puck, I have a feeling something good will happen...and this is anywhere in the offensive zone really. The fact that he also plays a physical game and is defensively responsible is scary.

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 11:18 AM
  #3
abax44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
Yeah, his hands are really good. He's got to come up with a couple more moves though or he's gonna start getting steam rolled. When he's going around to the left (his) he likes to do that move where he pulls the puck to his feet. And on the other side (his right) he likes to do that back hand thing. On both moves he puts his head down. I'd hate to see him run into concussion issues. And his shoot out move, while awesome, needs to be pulled out only here and there.

abax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 11:24 AM
  #4
theShiba
 
theShiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abax44 View Post
Yeah, his hands are really good. He's got to come up with a couple more moves though or he's gonna start getting steam rolled. When he's going around to the left (his) he likes to do that move where he pulls the puck to his feet. And on the other side (his right) he likes to do that back hand thing. On both moves he puts his head down. I'd hate to see him run into concussion issues. And his shoot out move, while awesome, needs to be pulled out only here and there.
I know what move you are talking about. But you have to remember that he usually does this while he is already pinned-up against a defender, so there's not a high risk of someone just skating in and plowing him over. This seems to me like he is just protecting the puck while he is up against somebody.

I think it's brilliant.

theShiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 11:48 AM
  #5
abax44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theShiba View Post
I know what move you are talking about. But you have to remember that he usually does this while he is already pinned-up against a defender, so there's not a high risk of someone just skating in and plowing him over. This seems to me like he is just protecting the puck while he is up against somebody.

I think it's brilliant.
It's fine as long as no one catches on to it as it's happening. Otherwise he'll end up with Phaneuf stepping up and knocking him silly.

I know it's a hard move to keep your head up the entire time, but he seems to keep it down a bit longer then most who use that type of move.

abax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 06:28 PM
  #6
Marns
@thestretchpass
 
Marns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,216
vCash: 500
All I'll say is that I'm very glad he's in my fantasy team.

Looked great on the ice last night - as a neutral observer, he really stood out every time he skated.

Marns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 06:58 PM
  #7
Twist and Shout
Registered User
 
Twist and Shout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,278
vCash: 500
He looks like Mats everytime I watch him.

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 09:44 PM
  #8
Twindad*
Father of Twins
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cali-for-ni-a
Country: United States
Posts: 5,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abax44 View Post
Is it just me or does he look a fair bit bigger this year? I was watching the game last night and he looks to have put on a few lbs. Not only that, but he looks dominant too. The confidence is definetly showing. Selanne (don't want to confuse anyone here, he's still not on the team) was right, he will be a great player really soon.
I know what you mean, I thought the same thing, he mad Big Bert look small after the goal by Getz.

He may still be growing a little, even Perry looked a little bigger.

Rock on boys, smash em

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 11:35 PM
  #9
Senojelyk
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Lately he has been reminding me of Paul Kariya in the golden ages, every time Getzlaf has the puck its like magic. Can't wait until he starts shooting better and getting the puck in the net more often.

Senojelyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 01:14 AM
  #10
Cone
Registered User
 
Cone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,227
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cone
It seems like Ryan Getzlaf is every single hockey fan's pick to break out and have a huge season.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 01:19 AM
  #11
Diamond Joe
 
Diamond Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senojelyk View Post
Lately he has been reminding me of Paul Kariya in the golden ages, every time Getzlaf has the puck its like magic. Can't wait until he starts shooting better and getting the puck in the net more often.
Getz maybe might need to shoot more and avoid the last move to "get in alone" per se, but he has a demon of a shot, wrist and slap.

Diamond Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 03:34 AM
  #12
theShiba
 
theShiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
Yeah, I really see Getz being our #2 big Point shot, esp. on the PP this season. We all know that Beauch has a huge slap, but he can't get it on net to save his life I wouldn't be surprised to see getzlaf up there a lot.

theShiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 11:11 AM
  #13
abax44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
I know what you mean, I thought the same thing, he mad Big Bert look small after the goal by Getz.

He may still be growing a little, even Perry looked a little bigger.

Rock on boys, smash em

I did some looking at Getz is listed at 221lbs this season. 210lbs last season. Assuming that's mostly muscle that's a fair size gain in lean body mass is such a short offseason. On the flip side, Bert is listed at 230lbs down from 245-250lbs.

abax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
  #14
Pwnasaurus
Registered User
 
Pwnasaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Robot City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abax44 View Post
On the flip side, Bert is listed at 230lbs down from 245-250lbs.
He looks like he's skating much much better than in recent years.

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 03:07 PM
  #15
Twindad*
Father of Twins
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cali-for-ni-a
Country: United States
Posts: 5,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abax44 View Post
I did some looking at Getz is listed at 221lbs this season. 210lbs last season. Assuming that's mostly muscle that's a fair size gain in lean body mass is such a short offseason. On the flip side, Bert is listed at 230lbs down from 245-250lbs.
He just looks like Penner did last year, a wide body.

The kid is young and full of potential, if he really starts throwing his body around, look out...

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 05:39 PM
  #16
abax44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
He just looks like Penner did last year, a wide body.

The kid is young and full of potential, if he really starts throwing his body around, look out...
Let's not get crazy here. He isn't Penner big, but he certainly looks like he's filling out quite nicely.

Not too much though. Don't want him ending up full of nagging injuries like some of the other guys other there.

abax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 05:44 PM
  #17
lux_interior
Registered User
 
lux_interior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abax44 View Post
Let's not get crazy here. He isn't Penner big, but he certainly looks like he's filling out quite nicely.

Not too much though. Don't want him ending up full of nagging injuries like some of the other guys other there.
No, not Penner big. But much more mobile, agile and athletic than Penner. Penner was a good finisher. Most of Penner's goals came from close in. Getzlaf can score from a lot of places, and has a great one timer.

I don't want to totally diss Penner though. He will be missed.

lux_interior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 03:18 PM
  #18
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,224
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
He's starting to look more and more like the player that dominated the WHL while with the Calgary Hitmen, only now he's finally caught on that he needs to keep his feet moving at all times. He's certainly one to watch.

__________________
Get your copy of FC's 2014 NHL DRAFT GUIDE now!
Don't forget to pick up FC's 2014 Newsletter series too!
Aaron Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 05:47 PM
  #19
roxasamonte10
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Anaheim, California
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Definitely looks like he's bigger this year. I'm hoping he'll have another stellar year.

roxasamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 05:49 PM
  #20
MOENing
 
MOENing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cam Town
Country: United States
Posts: 2,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxasamonte10 View Post
Definitely looks like he's bigger this year. I'm hoping he'll have another stellar year.
He'll probably go big the assists catergory due to his linemates whoever they may be.


Last edited by MOENing: 10-08-2007 at 06:04 PM.
MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 03:15 PM
  #21
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2
 
UBCsalmonslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver/Nanaimo BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson T View Post
All I'll say is that I'm very glad he's in my fantasy team.

Looked great on the ice last night - as a neutral observer, he really stood out every time he skated.
You and me both... 32 points in 28 games now I believe? Those of you who predicted he would break 80 points and possibly even 90 this year may not have been all that far off after all.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.