HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

NYI-VAN Proposal

Old
10-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Eagle Eye Cherry
guitar player

vCash: 500
NYI-VAN Proposal

come trade deadline time, the Isles will probably be out of the playoff picture and with that said, they'll probably be in sell mode. If the Nucks are gonna need some offense to get over the hump for the Cup, so...

to VAN: Fedetenko

to NYI: Krajicek, 3rd Rounder

any thoughts?

Eagle Eye Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 12:59 PM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
come trade deadline time, the Isles will probably be out of the playoff picture and with that said, they'll probably be in sell mode. If the Nucks are gonna need some offense, so...

any thoughts?
The Isles season hasnt even started yet and the Isles will probably be out of the playoff picture?

How about trade purposals that might or that people want to see happen now?

AgentOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 01:07 PM
illogic

Quote:
come trade deadline time, the Isles will probably be out of the playoff picture and with that said, they'll probably be in sell mode. If the Nucks are gonna need some offense to get over the hump for the Cup, so...

any thoughts?
Wow, you're selling your team a bit short there, aren't you?

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Squeaky

That seems like a lot for Fedotenko to me, but these guys will have their trade values change drastically depending on how they play this season. As it stands, I would say that's an overpayment for Fedotenko.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 01:19 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I wouldn't do Krajicek for Fedotenko straight up if I were VAN.

And if they're looking for "offense to get them over the hump", why are they even thinking about Fedotenko? Didn't he put up a whopping 12 goals on Richards' line last year?

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Steveorama

vCash: 50
Canucks will probably be looking for some more offense later in the year.
But the Canucks need a RW...on LW they already have D Sedin, Naslund and Cooke. On the right side they have Pyatt, Shannon, and rookie Mason Raymond. If Raymond and Shannon are not able to produce in the first 20 games (a distinct possibility), Nonis will be working hard to find a RW.

Steveorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

I would do that deal in a minute if i were the islanders and out of the palyoffs. Vancouver would be dumb to make that trade.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 03:18 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
I lol'd when I saw Fedetenko in the same sentence as "Offence to get over the hump". He was playing with Richards, an amazing center and put up squat.

I think if the Canucks go for someone it will be someone big(big name).

HockeyThoughts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
And if they're looking for "offense to get them over the hump", why are they even thinking about Fedotenko? Didn't he put up a whopping 12 goals on Richards' line last year?
Perhaps they would look beyond last season's stats and remember waaaaaaaay back to spring '04, when Fedotenko proved able to produce bigtime in the most pressurized of situations. The time of the year that matters most.

To be sure, that was prior to injuries. And Krajicek would not be ideal for them to trade away in this hypotheticial.

However, last season's STATS don't tell the entire story.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveorama View Post
Canucks will probably be looking for some more offense later in the year.
But the Canucks need a RW...on LW they already have D Sedin, Naslund and Cooke. On the right side they have Pyatt, Shannon, and rookie Mason Raymond. If Raymond and Shannon are not able to produce in the first 20 games (a distinct possibility), Nonis will be working hard to find a RW.
...who is only playing RW because the Canucks don't have enough RW's and would be better playing LW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
However, last season's STATS don't tell the entire story.
Maybe, but it's not like he lit up the scoreboard in any other year.

Canucks have the depth to handle losing Krajicek (he himself isn't without his warts, but he's not a rental unlike Fedotenko and still has some upside) but I would think there are better alternatives out there.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Pfft

No need for this trade as Vancouver's deadline deal will be for Marian Hossa.

Pfft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Maybe, but it's not like he lit up the scoreboard in any other year.
Guys who get it done - get anything done - in the postseason are typically held in higher value around the league than they are around here, where regular season production is the typical (often only) yardstick. Reality is, they both matter. But a team looking to add a piece come the trade deadline cares most about what a guy can do in May and June, not November and December.

True, Fedotenko did it "just once". That's one more time than the vast majority of NHLers. And his clutch production contributed mightily to a Cup winner. (And NHL GMs have longer memories than do some on HF.)

Point simply being, the case against Fedotenko - his admittedly very pedestrian career regular season stats - are basically moot in this conversation. Given that the cost to rent him out would not be prohibitive, and assuming that he is healthy come March and NYI is out of it, I'd bet there will be interested parties. Whether the Canucks would be one of them is highly questionable.

Old
10-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
True, Fedotenko did it "just once". That's one more time than the vast majority of NHLers. And his clutch production contributed mightily to a Cup winner. (And NHL GMs have longer memories than do some on HF.)
...or he could be just another John Druce.

Quote:
Guys who get it done - get anything done - in the postseason are typically held in higher value around the league than they are around here, where regular season production is the typical (often only) yardstick. Reality is, they both matter. But a team looking to add a piece come the trade deadline cares most about what a guy can do in May and June, not November and December.
All true, but then again GM's are also mesmerized by regular season point totals as well (look at the price for Bill Guerin at the trading deadline despite a medicore playoff performance history).

IMHO, between a guy who has had a decent regular season career + a medicore post-season career vs a guy with a medicore regular season career + one-hit wonder in the post season, I would think a GM would take the former rather than the later.

Last edited by Barney Gumble: 10-04-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old
10-04-2007, 04:04 PM
captainjerk

I doubt NYI would do that unless the Canucks threw in Luongo as well.

Him and Krajicek are trade buddies.

captainjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Junius

Quote:

any thoughts?
Isn't this a bit early?

I like Fedetenko but the Canucks will be looking for a bigger name come the Spring. I would think someone like Hossa or another future UFA who could put them over the top.

Junius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjerk View Post
I doubt NYI would do that unless the Canucks threw in Luongo as well.

Him and Krajicek are trade buddies.

Didn't the Isles trade away Luongo in the first place because they were going to draft DiPietro (forgot which came first, DiPietro getting drafted or trading away Luongo).

Last edited by Barney Gumble: 10-04-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old
10-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Steveorama

Quote:

Didn't the Isles trade away Luongo in the first place because they were going to draft DiPietro (forgot which came first, DiPietro getting drafted trading away Luongo).
You're right, the Isles traded Luongo away about a week before taking DiPietro first overall in the 2000 draft. For just Luongo and Olli Jokinen, they were able to add Parrish and Kvasha! It's not a trade Mike Milbury points to with pride, I'm sure...

Steveorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 04:23 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:

any thoughts?
I suspect that Krajicek will have far more value at the end of the season than he does now. While I like Fedetenko, I don't believe he brings enough scoring potential to make this deal happen, although it's likely pretty fair value today.

Krajicek is going to have huge year for the Canucks, and it will be extremely unlikely that Nonis trades him because he is such a versatile player and has an extremely inexpensive contract.

quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 04:50 PM
nhlislesfan

Send a message via MSN to nhlislesfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveorama View Post
You're right, the Isles traded Luongo away about a week before taking DiPietro first overall in the 2000 draft. For just Luongo and Olli Jokinen, they were able to add Parrish and Kvasha! It's not a trade Mike Milbury points to with pride, I'm sure...

There are NO trades that Mike Milbury can point to with pride! There are no ISLANDERS FANS that can or will point to Mike Milbury with pride!!!!!

If Islanders management didn't feel that Fedotenko coud be a help to the team, I really don't think that they would have acquired him. Remember, Milbury the Mutt is no longer with them!!!!! (Thank GOD!!!!!)

nhlislesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 05:09 PM
FuTMaR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlislesfan View Post
There are NO trades that Mike Milbury can point to with pride! There are no ISLANDERS FANS that can or will point to Mike Milbury with pride!!!!!

If Islanders management didn't feel that Fedotenko coud be a help to the team, I really don't think that they would have acquired him. Remember, Milbury the Mutt is no longer with them!!!!! (Thank GOD!!!!!)
Sopel and Parrish for Grebeskov and Tambellini

FuTMaR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 05:15 PM
ELab2

I wouldn't trade Krajicek for Fedetenko and a 3rd. Fedetenko has never showed that he is anything but a pretty decent NHL winger. Krajicek could be a very good 3/4.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
...or he could be just another John Druce.
Holy shazoo! John Druce! Bonus points for even recalling that obscure player. Barely remember him demolishing NYR in playoff series, circa 1990 or so.

Old
10-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Counterparts*

Canucks should make a stab for Satan. The Isles aren't making the playoffs and hes unrestricted at season's end.

Counterparts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterparts View Post
Canucks should make a stab for Satan. The Isles aren't making the playoffs and hes unrestricted at season's end.
This is what I was more expecting to see when I read it was going to be a deadline deal if the Isles look like they're going to miss the playoffs, as I think Satan would be a very good fit with the Sedins and I don't see the Isles re-signing Satan.

Of course, the question would be, what would the Nucks be willing to part with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuTMaR View Post
Sopel and Parrish for Grebeskov and Tambellini
Honestly, just about any of the deals where Milbury was dumping higher price, more established players, he came out pretty well. For example, as much as people rag on Milbury for trading Luongo away, they often forget how Milbury stole him in the first place:
03/13/96: C Darby Hendrickson, D Kenny Jonsson, C Sean Haggerty and TOR 1st round choice in 1997 Entry Draft(4th overall: G Roberto Luongo) from TOR to NYI for LW Wendel Clark, D Mathieu Schneider and D D.J. Smith.

Especially if you keep in mind that Clark never put up 50 points for the Leafs after the trade, or more than 4 playoff points, and Schneider only had one good season before being turned into Karpovstev.

Last edited by Seph: 10-04-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
This is what I was more expecting to see when I read it was going to be a deadline deal if the Isles look like they're going to miss the playoffs, as I think Satan would be a very good fit with the Sedins and I don't see the Isles re-signing Satan.

Of course, the question would be, what would the Nucks be willing to part with?
I wouldn't mind Satan at the right price, he'd be a definite upgrade at RW in the top 6. If the Isles are out at the deadline and Satan has a decent year, my guess is that he could fetch at least a 1st round pick from some team, ala Ladislav Nagy. Not sure if the Canucks would be willing to pay that price however, would depend on a lot of different variables.

As for Fedotenko, I like him and would like to see him in a Canucks' uni, but not at the cost of Krajicek. 2nd round pick plus marginal prospect is probably the most I'd offer for him.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote