HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Most efficient Ranger?

Old
10-04-2007, 09:39 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Most efficient Ranger?

You guessed it...MARIK MALIK!

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 09:41 PM
GratefulDead

vCash: 500
Efficient at being a big blob

GratefulDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 09:57 PM
shoothepuck

He still makes those dangerous passes in front of his own net, but tonight his plays for assists make up for it.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
clmetsfan

Can we ease off on Marek a little bit? I genuinely feel bad for the guy, who gets the job done but gets jeered no matter what. Nice to see the fans actually cheer when he got his assists tonight, I hope it doesn't get to where it was last year when Malik would be booed even when they announced his name for getting a point on a goal.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 10:11 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Can we ease off on Marek a little bit? I genuinely feel bad for the guy, who gets the job done but gets jeered no matter what. Nice to see the fans actually cheer when he got his assists tonight, I hope it doesn't get to where it was last year when Malik would be booed even when they announced his name for getting a point on a goal.
hear, hear

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 10:22 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Classy huh

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 10:22 PM
vladmyir111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
hear, hear
I have no problems with Malik, I just found MSG's new "end of game name some player a random thing that changes each year" quite funny. What was it last year? Contributor of the game or something?

Old
10-04-2007, 10:34 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
I have no problems with Malik, I just found MSG's new "end of game name some player a random thing that changes each year" quite funny. What was it last year? Contributor of the game or something?
I gotcha. That is such a stupid name for the "Game MVP." I guess Honda has an ad-campaign touting its efficiency?

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 10:37 PM
vladmyir111

Quote:
I gotcha. That is such a stupid name for the "Game MVP." I guess Honda has an ad-campaign touting its efficiency?
Yup, if you notice its kind of sad MSG is trying to milk the rangers for everything they got this season. I mean they mentioned at least 3 times in the opening credits that they're gona be winning the cup. Now we have Honda telling us Marek Malik is the most efficient Ranger.....

Well at least they got rid of those god-awful digital ads on the end board glass from last season

Old
10-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

imho, if you take out Marek Maliks 3 assists, he STILL had a phenomenal game. The play in front of his net was idiotic, but really he looked exceptionally good out there to me.

If Marek could just cut out the "omg what the hell is that idiot doing" plays out of his game, he would be our best defenseman (yes, better than rozy) and he would be a legitimate #2 in this league. as it stands his horrific judgement (once or twice a game) seriously outshines his steady and positionally sound game.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 10:49 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Can we ease off on Marek a little bit?
yes

10-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Augustus Pablo

the most efficient ranger is wait for it,... ANDY BATHGATE!!!

Augustus Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 12:13 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
The only reason Malik looks efficient is because Rozsival & Lundqvist are out there working extra hard to bail him out.

But in all seriousness, he wasn't that bad and most importantly the Rangers won the game. There will be enough opportunities for Malik threads when he costs us a game late in the third or in OT.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 01:14 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
imho, if you take out Marek Maliks 3 assists, he STILL had a phenomenal game. The play in front of his net was idiotic, but really he looked exceptionally good out there to me.

If Marek could just cut out the "omg what the hell is that idiot doing" plays out of his game, he would be our best defenseman (yes, better than rozy) and he would be a legitimate #2 in this league. as it stands his horrific judgement (once or twice a game) seriously outshines his steady and positionally sound game.
agreed....malik looked very good tonite....the nice thing is....now that we have three good solid centers....he wont have to make those long cross-ice passes like he used to when we didnt really have a center out there.......i think he will have a big year.......i could see him ending with 40+ points....mostly assists

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 05:11 AM
chosen

+3
Just another day at the office.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Agreed. My wife asked me what "most efficient player" is supposed to mean. I didn't have an answer.

With the kind of season Honda's motorsports efforts have had, efficiency probably is the only thing they can tout though.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Agreed. My wife asked me what "most efficient player" is supposed to mean. I didn't have an answer.
Yeah, a pretty flimsy corporate tie-in on that one.

What I find interesting is we've lived through the likes of Sylvain Lefebvre, Stephane Quintal, Rich Pilon, Alexei Gusorov and Kevin Hatcher. But seemingly Marek Malik is the worst of all of them.

10-05-2007, 10:28 AM
The_Great_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post

With the kind of season Honda's motorsports efforts have had, efficiency probably is the only thing they can tout though.

My Girlfriend asked me the same question. I laughed and said I had no clue and the name is stupid IMO. He definitely wasn't the most efficient on the ice.

The_Great_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Nyrfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post

I really think he gets overconfident at times or trys to do to much.
On that play i think he didn't see anything along the boards and saw those two players together and i think he felt like he had the skill to draw them to him and get the puck up the middle for a breakout pass.
I agree take away his assists and he still played a very effective defensive game.

Nyrfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
+3
Just another day at the office.

This is why we should be happy he is a Ranger and stop slagging him off.

Maybe if we cut him some slack, and cheered him on he could, dare I say it, play even better!

He is a Ranger and I am jiggy with it.

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 10:45 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
I don't particularly like Malik's game, but as long as he's on the team I'll support him as best I can. I won't boo him mercilessly (though I don't mind others doing it) and I'll cheer him when he males a solid play. Last night I think he played a very good game, that one mental lapse aside.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Yeah, a pretty flimsy corporate tie-in on that one.

What I find interesting is we've lived through the likes of Sylvain Lefebvre, Stephane Quintal, Rich Pilon, Alexei Gusorov and Kevin Hatcher. But seemingly Marek Malik is the worst of all of them.
Thats what gets to me. These kids are either too young to remember the absolute garbage we had on the blueline or the older guys are too stubborn cause he's not a Leetch or Beukeboom.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 11:09 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Thats what gets to me. These kids are either too young to remember the absolute garbage we had on the blueline or the older guys are too stubborn cause he's not a Leetch or Beukeboom.
I think it's a combination. Do you know how often when you go to MSG that you hear people talking about Leetch and Beukeboom?

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
injustice!

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Honestly, I think if Malik is on the blueline in 2000, he IS Igor Ulanov. Conversely, I think Goose or Quintal on the 2006 Rangers doesn't take nearly the drubbing they did during the dark days. Team defense and overall defensive strategy is what's changed since then.

For the record, I never thought Lefebvre was a bad an most made him out to be. His days with the Avs proved he was a skilled defenseman, but ended up a victim of all that was wrong with the turn of the century Rangers.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote